Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Onyx49
Msg: 1
What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Everybody has had a date that didn't workout...but some have gone way beyond bad...like I once took a beautiful woman out to dinner, everything was amazing...I got distracted for a second, and hear her yell out...so I look and she was pushing a roach off her plate.
She had eaten all of the food...maybe a bite left...the Manager came over and said he'd comp our meal...after we left, said asked if she could have the money that I was gonna use to pay for the food...
 wineaboutit
Msg: 2
What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?
Posted: 4/24/2016 7:11:22 PM
This was not terrible just weird, I met a guy who insisted on changing seats at a local restuarant so he could see the exit sign because of his OCD and then talking non stop for 15 minutes about his cat killing a squirrel. He was super suave in the pre-date texting which made me not want to text people too much before we meet. Killed the attraction. He obviously was not into me either so at least it was mutual.
 CaliforniaTiger01
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/25/2016 12:12:06 AM
One time I was on a dinner date. First we ate dinner and then we went to the planetarium. The woman was of a different race. She smelled so bad. And she kept turning her head away to check out the other men. I thought it was rude and the whole experience turned me off to that race entirely, even though it was just that one woman. She fit the stereotype.
 MysteryLadytoo
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/25/2016 5:21:24 AM
A number of years ago I went on a first date with someone from Match. It was also my first time dating via OLD.

We had many conversations on-line and on the phone prior to meeting for lunch so I felt comfortable meeting. I don't remember any red flags prior to the meeting.

A few minutes into the meeting he casually mentioned he was recently released from the state Veterans Hospital. I asked him if all was ok (I was thinking some kind of physical problem) and his response was...

"Yes all ok. They thought I was suicidal and homicidal, but they were wrong."

OMG! My jaw dropped and he quickly noticed. He said "did I share too much?" Needless to say I quickly excused myself and it was the end of that meeting. I did feel sorry for him.
 lilydreams
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/25/2016 6:33:17 AM

One time I was on a dinner date. First we ate dinner and then we went to the planetarium. The woman was of a different race. She smelled so bad. And she kept turning her head away to check out the other men. I thought it was rude and the whole experience turned me off to that race entirely, even though it was just that one woman. She fit the stereotype.

She probably went home and said the same to her friends , " he for the stereotype". I noticed it right away, I'm sure your date did too.
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/25/2016 8:22:14 AM
Hahaha, well, I’ve had a few bad ones, but the worst was the guy who put his foot up on my thigh while we were eating and asked me to tie his shoe. And then afterward he asked me to box up his leftovers “because he likes a woman to take care of him like that.” I can see why his ex left and you can see why I said “no” to a second date lol He was just looking for someone to fawn over him ... and that's what I'm looking for so it never would have worked lol
 Onyx49
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/25/2016 10:48:10 AM
When I was going thru my foreign chick phase...I dated a girl from Prague, we were in a restaurant in Vegas.
The waiter brought us the check before we finished eating and she slapped him, and said it was an unforgivable insult in her Country...yeah we were threw outta the place on our ear, and yeah I continued to see her...
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/25/2016 1:15:45 PM
I've had a ton of weird dates. But I can't say one or the other were the worse, because I leaned something out of them that made my life better. If anything, I hate the no shows. But a date, even when in the end we did not work out, I learned something so they were all great.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/25/2016 7:37:30 PM
I love reading weird dating experiences. There was a long long one on here I actually had bookmarked for a bit because it was so funny to read.

I haven't had anything notable in a big way. Once I met someone. I have a cane when I walk, he said he had a cane fetish. It was that trying to be polite smile from me, "oh, well...oh"
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/25/2016 7:42:05 PM
I ran out of Kleenex, so I substituted a roll of toilet paper instead.

I had my car detailed before the date.

Smelling nice!

I pick her up.

The first thing she says after opening the door to get in is...Why do you have a roll of toilet paper in the car?

I responded, "Why do you think?"

She said... I don't know. Do you jerk off in the car?

Another mishap...

I went to retrieve my wallet from jacket to pay the bill.

A condom came cartwheeling out of the jacket as well as the wallet.

She did not see it, thank god!

I promptly kicked the condom across the pub floor...
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/25/2016 7:57:14 PM
lol. And then someone sees a wrapped condom on the floor later..."what the hell?"
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/25/2016 8:57:55 PM
I was at the local Dollar General store making a small purchase. I was the only one in the line and I knew the lady running the cash register. As I'm swiping my card through the terminal, she said she needed to lose about 20 pounds. I just blurted out" well you should come walking with me that'll help you lose a few pounds". I'm now entering my pin number when I hear her say " well I get off at 9:30". Not the sharpest tool in the shed but I can sure do some damn fast thinking when I have to. I didn't want to do anything with her outside of the store. I looked at her and said I forgot something can I go get it? She said yes so I went and grabbed some toothpaste finished the transaction and left. Now I think a little bit before I say something.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2016 10:30:33 PM
Agreed to meet this guy at the bar at Ruby Tuesday at 5:30, have talked to him on the phone and he was nice. When I pulled in and parked by the door, I heard him hollering across the parking lot for me to come back beside of him. I just went on inside. He came in and then got upset that the bar was packed and we had to sit at a table cause he is tall and there isn't room at a table for his legs.

So he tells me how he is down on his luck and had to move into his sister's trailer and there is a hole in the floor-so one night he goes into the kitchen and thinks it is the cat eating out of the cat food bowl and when he goes to kick it with his foot he sees it is a rat that is as big as a cat (don't ask me why he was going to kick the cat we never got that far). Then he tells me how the week before he was driving and the wheel of his car didn't stop at the light with the rest of his car-that it continued on thru and hit a woman driving a Mercedes. He felt that he had lost the wheel off his car was enough and couldn't understand why he got charged and was going to have to pay for the damage to her car. The whole time he is telling me these stories he won't look at me, he is looking every where else.

We had ordered two ice teas and the waitress brings a check for $4.25 and he picks it up and says you are going to have to pay this all I have is plastic! So I paid and left her a tip and on the way out the door, he grabs my car keys out of my hand and says the least he can do is walk me to the car. He unlocks and opens my door, holding it open for me to sit down-I did manage to get my keys back before I got in but then as I was trying to put them in --he leans in across my body and shoves his tongue down my throat--he is a huge guy--so Im trying to push him off and finally he moves but he says if you don't like that you are going to hate this and licks me from the top of my shirt all the way up my neck --but I'd gotten the key in and put the car in reverse and was backing up --so the door was pushing him and he jumped back out of the way. So I start driving home and look behind me and see him following me and he is blowing up my phone...so I answered it and he says...what was your last name--I politely tell him I'm not the least bit interested due to his ill behavior and continue on down the road but notice he is still following me so I did the three right turns to confirm it is me he is following not just going in the same direction, so I waited until there was traffic coming and zoomed out at the last minute so he couldn't follow me.

He wrote me several time since with absolute no recall of having ever written or met me before.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/25/2016 11:16:05 PM
@american... haha. I think I took someone a little too literally recently and now I feel dumb. 34 to my 39 seems like a huge difference.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/26/2016 5:44:04 AM
My first meet here was too awful :p
A friend met her now husband on POF, they are doing great and I am happy for her. I admit that I do miss hearing about her ugh dates. We would just scream laughing.
First meet gave me a fake name because " I was wrongfully accused of sexual asssault" I looked it up - nope, not the first one either.
For a really LARGE man he could move like the wind
Off to rock in a corner :/
 hemingway234
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 10:23:27 AM
The one I had with that 4' pygmy.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 10:31:32 AM

The one I had with that 4' pygmy.

I met a "little person" in a bar, we danced and made out, she was more like 3.6. Very weird feeling.

Even though I had been drinking at the time, I couldn't get pass the icky feeling of stubble on her cheeks. I was totally confused at that point.

But it wasn't a date, just a casual chance meeting.

LiliMarleen
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 11:56:46 AM
This was up there. It may not have been the worst, but it was definitely very weird.

And, sadly, I was still at a very vulnerable stage of online dating, so it kind of traumatized me for weeks.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts12686300.aspx
 ndm147
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/26/2016 12:19:30 PM
The Date From Hell

I was dating a guy who, in his own words, was a bit of an aspie. Very very bright with multiple degrees, good looking and a sense of humor. He was a computer programmer. Oftentimes I would meet him for lunch. One day he suggested I go on a date with one of his co-workers. Another computer programmer. At the time I did not think he was trying to get rid of me by setting me up for a blind date; he just seemed to think his co worker might like me.

I met the coworker at a small restaurant. From the get go this guy was weird. Arms flailing all over the place; non stop talking and little eye contact. He told me that he met a woman who was a hooker and he was helping her out financially to get on her feet ( no pun intended). Then he found out she was using all the money he gave her for heroine, so he cut her off. Then, from across the table, he grabbed my arms and was studying them. He said he was looking for needle tracks on my arms.

He excused himself to go to the men's room. Dinner was over and paid for. When he came back from the restroom he walked right by our table and went to the front of the small restaurant and sat on a chair by the front door. It was late and the restaurant was empty. I gave him a few minutes to perhaps, figure out why he was there and who he was with. He came back to the table. The waitress came to the table and said they were closing up and we needed to pay for the last two drinks. He started being rude to her; I handed her some cash to pay the bill.

He wanted to drive me home. I told him ( if he even remembered) that I drove myself to the restaurant. I was afraid he might follow me home but he did not. To this day I don't know if the guy was mentally ill, on drugs, an aspie with limited social skills or all of the above. But it was the date from hell.

I did send a text to the original guy and asked him if he ever noticed that this guy was really off. He said he was very quiet at work, kept to himself and good at his job.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 12:26:06 PM
"And, sadly, I was still at a very vulnerable stage of online dating, so it kind of traumatized me for weeks."

Your story was definitely about someone over reacting to a simple question. I don't think I would have apologized so much.
================
I really haven't had any bad dates in the past 20 years, I got that out of my system a long time ago. However I have been a bit puzzled over things.

I was puzzled at something my Hong Kong date insisted on. I met her on eharm, and decided to fly from Bangkok to Hk, since they aren't far apart.

So we met in HK, we traveled together for 5 days, 2 days overnight, never were intimate, she totally resisted that, which also puzzled me a bit, but not that big a deal. Never invited me over to her apartment, which I thought was a little too guarded, but whatever.

But after the 5 days, I was to return to Thailand for a week, BTW she knew I had a woman in Bangkok I had met before her that I also liked. Then fly back home to Chicago.

She absolutely insisted she wanted to meet me in Chicago, not only that, she want to meet me in Japan where I had a short layover to change planes. (not easy to arrange that from two different countries).

I wanted to put it off a month or two, it was close to April 15th, I needed to do taxes and had Easter dinner planned at my mother's house, and I was tired of traveling.

She kept up about it, so I agreed, she couldn't arrange her flight to meet me in Japan, so she met me the day after I landed in Chicago.

I could never figure out why it was so important to meet so quickly? I asked, the best answer I got was she had the time available, though she did run her own business, so it's easier for her to arrange time off. It was annoying, and I had to file to do my taxes a little later.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 12:39:09 PM

Your story was definitely about someone over reacting to a simple question. I don't think I would have apologized so much.

I know that now. :)

But at the time, I thought it was love thwarted by one wrong move in response to the body butter. I was heart-broken for weeks.

Thank god I had the forums where people set me straight.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/26/2016 1:54:36 PM

Another mishap...

I went to retrieve my wallet from jacket to pay the bill.

A condom came cartwheeling out of the jacket as well as the wallet.

She did not see it, thank god!

I promptly kicked the condom across the pub floor...

This has happened to me several times.

I answered, I was a boy scout. And back then the scout Motto was "Always ready."
 Ouija2025
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/26/2016 4:27:23 PM
well always ready to do it ONCE! Like SM wild and crazy guy :)
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/26/2016 5:42:09 PM
When I was very young (18yrs old) one of my classmates invited me to go with him to the beach, he also invited 8 more classmates, we were total of 10, He was the only one with car a Sedan, going the 10 of us inside that car to the beach was fine, we had no problems at all, (we were sitting on top of each other.lol)....but driving back, I remember it was 6pm when the police saw us, then they took us to the police station and kept us there until 11pm.

The policemen treated us nice and allowed us to call our family, but as we all know, after a day on the beach we are dirty with all that sand, we were still wearing the beach clothes, feel tired, hungry and sleepy and the policemen were talking and talking and talking, they were acting like they were having fun with us there....they didn't write a "ticket".

Five of the group had to call a taxi from the police station to go to their home.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 5:49:06 PM
onyx,

hell, I am sure that if she was beautiful enough you would have given her the money, right? She may have needed taxi money after all. lol! But hey, that story about takes the cake I have to say.....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?