Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Little to no replies. Help?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Little to no replies. Help?Page 1 of 1    
3 of your pics are very similar. They are all in the same location from the same terrible underneath angle and all bad quality and poorly lit. Delete all 3 of these. The other 3 pics are MUCH better. You could do with a couple more of this standard.

The headline, not sure what you're going for here? Most people would like both.

Your interests field has some good stuff but also a lot of pointless filler. Can't see the wood for the trees. Delete the useless stuff that everyone likes, such as music, film, movies (duplication), food, friends, family, etc. You need to stand out from the crowd here.

The about me is pretty good, but I'd lose the first line (pointless) and the first sentence of the first para. Go from "I'm an ambitious...".

The first date seems a little complex, I mean you'll probably need to meet many girls before finding a suitable one. Are you going to take them all on the clipper? I would recommend keeping it simple. The second line, you're the man, you need to be decisive here, not do whatever she wants.

Get rid of the message filters, they don't achieve anything except making you look a little creepy. Many would think it's inappropriate that you'd date an 18 year old, and having an upper limit of 40 seems like you're looking for an older woman. There's no reason whatsoever for a man to have ANY age restriction on here.
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Little to no replies. Help?
Posted: 4/28/2016 6:56:14 AM
You are probably a lovely young man but the photos make you look 16. Seriously. Maybe it's the hair, maybe it's the angle.. I don't know, but I expect many women in your actual age range will think you're much younger and pass simply on that alone.

Beyond that, the profile was simply OK. A dash of personality and humour would help out there, too.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 5
Little to no replies. Help?
Posted: 4/28/2016 7:03:45 AM
Hi Steve,

You need more pics.
I agree you look very young...I think a hairstyle change could help that.

I would like to see more interests--activities you enjoy.

There's really no excitement to your text; nothing jumps out at me that says you'd be fun and interesting.

I know it's not changeable, but shorter men report that online dating is more difficult. This is why your pics and write up need to be stellar.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Little to no replies. Help?