Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > do you kiss during hook ups?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nelsoncruz21
Msg: 1
view profile
History
do you kiss during hook ups?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
or no?
Do you just strickly make it no kissing or do you liek to make out and kiss good night and all that jazz?

I have had girls who want to make out an dgirls who havent

Just seing the majority
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 2
view profile
History
do you kiss during hook ups?
Posted: 4/28/2016 5:11:28 PM
If a woman is having a casual sex thing with you, she may feel that kissing etc is part of it and does not want to just fcuck. For me kissing is intimate and is a sign of affection so no it would not be part of a hook up only.
 gtomustang
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/28/2016 6:19:26 PM
wouldn't bother me in the least, b/c I enjoy it enough to be good at it. But, come to think of it, I've had two ladies who refused to kiss me. guess I have another explanation for it now.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/29/2016 9:48:19 AM
How do you end up in bed with someone without kissing her?
 winter_hyacinth
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/29/2016 9:36:19 PM
No. I prefer to stay detached.

Remember that scene from Pretty Woman?

What do you do?

Everything. But I don't kiss on the mouth.
 LJane_6
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2016 11:30:55 PM

For me kissing is intimate and is a sign of affection so no it would not be part of a hook up only.

Interesting to hear some other perspectives. I've kissed lots of guys and it didn't mean anything, but I won't hook up with them. To me, that's more intimate. I can kiss a guy without even liking them or enjoying it at all. I'm trying not to do that anymore, though. Usually, they try for it and I just feel bad saying no. But when it comes to anything further, I draw the line.
 lilydreams
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/30/2016 2:44:05 AM

For me kissing is intimate and is a sign of affection so no it would not be part of a hook up only.

So Letitia you will have his fingers inside you, have his penis inside you, maybe have his penis in your mouth....but kissing "is intimate". Ok....whatever.
 gtomustang
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/30/2016 7:37:42 AM
I suppose things evolve slowly...Netflix and chill turns into cuddling or spooning, turns into Roman hands and Russian fingers, buttons get undone, perhaps kissing occurs anywhere but on the lips, and then dry humping gets us around the corner and onto the main stretch?

do all hookups end up at home plate?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/30/2016 7:43:34 AM
You didn't pay the extra for "the girlfriend experience"??
 winter_hyacinth
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/30/2016 1:24:13 PM
It's quite common for people with intimacy/attachment issues to consider kissing more intimate than sex.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2016 12:55:20 PM

Really? I never not kissed a gal I've hooked up with. If I don't want to kiss her, I don't want foreplay, and definitely wouldn't want to pork her. I'm assuming you skip foreplay, too, right? I mean, if you don't want to put your lips on his lips, I'm assuming you don't want to put your lips on his erect pee-pee. I can understand no foreplay and just porking (not even finger play much if at all) -- I've ran into that. Some gals don't like giving oral much, and are emotionally sensitive about a guy going down on them and reserve it for BFs. But not wanting to kiss, but literally wanting to fvck should be a sign that it may not be such a good idea, right?

I've kissed lots of guys and it didn't mean anything, but I won't hook up with them. To me, that's more intimate.

I think that's the basic way for a vast majority of people, yeah. Very few are going to be "You are really cute, but I don't kiss a guy I barely know! Sheesh! What do you take me for? But hey, I'm in the mood. Let's go to the alley, and you stick it in me and let it cook!"

I can kiss a guy without even liking them or enjoying it at all. I'm trying not to do that anymore, though.

There's nothing to feel guilty about if on a date or spending time with a guy you're not that into, and you don't push him away when he goes in for a kiss. I think the main thing is not to "kiss back" and start any making out, but to end the kiss at just that, and quite swiftly. At that point though, I think it's best to thank him for the kiss, but to let him know you're not that into him.

But when it comes to anything further, I draw the line.

I think a vast majority of girls do, of course. You can't really do anything more in public or in 2 seconds, so it's easy to draw the line there (and to not even begin kissING).
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:07:15 AM
If she wanted to get in my pants, she is going to have to do some kissing and better have some skills. Otherwise is hasta la vista baby.
 hemingway234
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:54:32 AM
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................
Wow, so sad.
 gtomustang
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/3/2016 9:47:13 AM
"you didn't pay extra for the "girlfriend experience"?"

>>>I didn't have that coupon. all I got was "half off" coupon and that apparently was about the clothes. i'll admit, I don't get the idea that kissing is more intimate than sharing body fluids elsewhere. come to think of it, the two dates I had who wouldn't kiss, were pretty much "Dead fish" just lying there. anyone have a "no kiss" partner who was otherwise exciting in bed?

a hook up is when you "get some".
 bamagrl68
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/3/2016 5:49:00 PM
nelsoncruz21- Apparently I have a different notion of sex than some people.
If I thought about every little thing.........Do I kiss or don't I? Will there be foreplay or won't there? Etc. I would wind up not doing anything because the moment would be dead thanks to OVER thinking.
Why not just let it happen?
Do what you want, let them do what they want. ENJOY the journey without planning or thinking about EVERY thing.
It's not that I'm saying no one can say no, no is always on the table, I just don't get all the angst over what SHOULD be an enjoyable experience. (???)
If you don't want to do something, then say no, but don't say no to prevent intimacy.
Intimacy can happen without commitment.
I think SOME people just need to relax and go with the flow, because the flow is F-U-N! ;)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2016 7:36:39 PM
I guess if you are high enough or horny enough with the groping or caressing, whatever, then you can get into bed without kissing and just have sex. Prostitutes do it all the time. I never understood kissing and making out with perfect strangers or those you dont really fancy, but judging by comments on here, many do it especially when young.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2016 7:43:39 PM
gtomustang

Were these women just lying there because they felt they owed to you or something? I dont get it. If I were a guy I would soon be limp and disappear, with such a woman. The sex act can be less "intimate" than kissing and cuddling, psychologically. We are all different and it is all complex.
The use of the word "intimate" means different things to different people. Some use it to describe sexual intercourse when in fact there are no"intimate" feelings at all.

basilisk123
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2016 8:39:45 PM
Can you imagine the conversation?
Guy- "My D$%# is inside you baby, but I don't kiss because kissing is intimate. I am saving myself for that special someone."

Woman- "....Really now.....?"
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2016 8:52:26 PM

Some use it to describe sexual intercourse when in fact there are no"intimate" feelings at all.

Sex can be intimate, mildly intimate, super-intimate, or far from intimate -- if you mean intimate referring to "emotionally romantic". So can kissing, too. And kissing of a certain nature with a certain Person can be more romantic than mere sex with someone -- it's still Certainly not going to be Sharing more, regardless. That's the point... You're not "giving anything away" by kissing at all, when doing the nazty. :) Any kissing done when the sex isn't romantic or "intimiate" in that sense, is going to be "intimate" either.

I never understood kissing and making out with perfect strangers or those you dont really fancy

If you never understood that, what about going down on someone or porking? :)

But I can understand the reference to prostitutes. But that's pretty much a different boat. I mean, I can understand a guy in a certain mood wanting to plow a girl he met at the bar who is far from a looker, and isn't impassioned to make out her as he's more attracted to her 'parts', sure -- but do what some couples do -- a "truck stop quickie" so to speak. But if he's going to be grossed out by even kissing her or instinctively Refusing to warm things up by like kissing? Good luck trying to get the girl to get to even 2nd base if you're not going to do 1st base at all (kissing) -- and secondly, if you despise kissing said girl (or guy) -- how could you even be sexually turned on by having sex with them? Again, I can understand not being Drawn to kissing them and getting Involved in all that beyond letting one-thing-lead-to-another... but hating the thought of even trying to do a mere kiss on the level that means obviously way less than the porking? Yikes.
 ndm147
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/3/2016 9:37:18 PM
I do. Kissing is sensual, but I was dating a guy who was sort of aspie. He was good looking as hell, very impressive the way he dressed and carried himself and he was very intelligent. He had 7 children to three different women so sex was not his issue.

I met his last gf who lived with him for over 10 years and the first thing she asked me was "did he ever kiss me?" Never kissed me and never kissed her either. He told me that kissing is for mama boys, but I think with his aspie traits he had some issues dealing with tactile issues such as touching in certain ways. He will kiss his daughters and grandchildren ( on the cheek) but not a partner on the lips or even a peck on the cheek.
 gtomustang
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/4/2016 6:52:00 AM
Hey, LJ has a new photo :)

"were these women just lying there b/c they felt they owed it to you or something?"

>>>beats the heck out of me. one woman was a friend who told me she never dated friends, was aggressive when she wanted a guy and then...took 3 hours to ask me out to help her cheat on a bf she was sick of. then she changed her mind. then she invited me over and had me stay the night and the next morning denied it all. The second one was a setup among friends who said she really wanted me. She stayed over the first date b/c she lived a long distance away, and the second time she brought sex toys and told me how she had had MMF and MFF threesomes and had been raped twice and been bi curious...but just like the other lady, no kissing, no clothes removal, just laid there while I did all the work. I figured they were either a little off or didn't need as much foreplay and were overstimulated...or some other factor.

and yeah, I did lose interest quick :) three times, and I was done, and for a guy who has typically 5 years worth of dry spell between sexual relationships, that's saying a lot to give up, lol. like Letitalie said, some of us are complex and different from others. not all connections get made.
 tartanjohnny
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:34:24 AM
No way could I ever do a "hook-up" without kissing. May as well just have sex with anyone without that. Kissing is the gateway to great sex in my book.

One of my sexiest ever experiences was meeting someone for the first time - we had talked beforehand of kissing anyway straight away - and depending on how that went might determine what room I was staying in at her house.
I had only seen her pics before meeting and when I knocked on the door - she answered still in the dark as the light wasn't on. She put her arms around me and kissed me in the dark - one of the most arousing things ever.

Did lead to a fantastic "hook-up" if that's what you call it.
 winter_hyacinth
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/4/2016 6:51:06 PM
You can have sex without even looking your sexual partner in the eye. Not so with kissing. There's nothing to hide behind when you kiss = vulnerability. That's how I feel, anyway.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:01:15 PM
In my VAST dating experience, I feel more vulnerable with my panties down than when kissing. :-)

(wait... some people here won't get the humor)
 gtomustang
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:57:36 PM
I brought the popcorn. let the criticism fly.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > do you kiss during hook ups?