Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you switch parties?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DameWrite
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Would you switch parties?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I think that a lot would. Or is this just my hippy go lucky Canadianoutlook?
Especially young people (not tied to their parents/grandparents.)

Weirdly I can see Hillary's supporters voting for Bernie or Trumps supporters voting for Bernie. .. but I can't see for he life of me see... Bernie Sanders supporting...Hillary, nor can I see them supporting ...Trump.

Republicans get a bad name because they are constantly putting church and state together...yet Hillary is a conservative sell out you claims to be democratic.

WTF?

Bernie walked the walk. (Voting reputation) and still will.

I think Trump supporters and Bernie's supporters should get together and vote OUT the "establishment" .

Yes. I want Bernie in,! Most of the world does. Does America?
Can America be GOOD again? (never mind this great shit)

there are more progressive countries than the U.S. if you will look around.

(don't forget people like progressive not aggressive.) and it works.

(btw cut with the b.s communist shiat) Bernie is a capitalist, conservative, democratic , humane, social being, ... who believes we can leave this world better as well as..evolve?/mature while we are here. (Without hate/fear).

bamagrl68
Msg: 2
Would you switch parties?
Posted: 4/28/2016 11:02:36 PM
DameWrite- Can I ask the purpose of this thread?
I STILL don't know who I'm voting for.
For the first time since I was 18 and started voting, there is really NO good choice.
I'm going to vote, but at this point, it feels like voting for the lessor of the evils.
Hilary Clinton is her own worst enemy, she is self involved, a liar and I trust her as far as I can throw her, which isn't far.
Trump is even worse.
He's a narcissist of the highest order and him becoming president scares the crap out of me.
I do NOT believe he EVER wanted to BE president.
I think he threw his hat in to make a point, but his ego is involved now, so he won't give up.
Just as I have NO faith in Hilary, I have LESS faith in him.
How can we trust someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth, an egomaniac, to speak for the rest of us?!
Ted Cruz is only a marginal player, I'll go on record as saying that IF he becomes president, I'll die from shock. I don't see it happening.
That leaves us with Bernie Sanders.
Is he the best choice?
A part of me says yes.
He's at least progressive, but maybe TOO progressive.
His agenda leaves little room for conservatives.
I might get into it with conservatives here, but they have a voice that also needs to be acknowledged.
I've been scared for our country for some time, but never more than now.
Bernie, right now, seems like the lessor of evils, but I HATE the fact that I have to vote, feeling the way I do.
Honestly, I think we are screwed and if I could, I would leave the US, just to feel like I had a chance at TRUE leadership.
That is conspicuously absent in this election.
 oj126
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/29/2016 12:26:32 AM
Already have. I prefer a more racially aware and counter semetic philosophy than the republicans have to offer. A more civic , economic and racial Nationalism. However , with the country under attack ; Mr Trump is promising a safety valve. A Wall . An end to islamic weaponization by immigration ; enough said. Bless You , Donald.
 Beats_so_Lonely
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/29/2016 4:20:25 AM
^^^^^
Counter semetic ?

Thanks for admitting you're racist.
 oj126
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/29/2016 5:54:39 AM
Yes , countersemetic. Whatever party we follow , "We must secure the exsistance of our people and a future for White Children." Self preservation. In today's zio contolled society , Nationalism , in all forms protects us from zio influences. Mr Trump , being the most Nationalistic , is placing America First. that would be my party. No not "wayciss" , just taking care of my own.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2016 5:57:55 AM
Conservative sellouts don't support things like planned parenthood. Don't confuse fiscal policies with social ones.

A Sanders supporter typically isn't a supporter of xenophobia and bigotry. The only similarity between Sanders and Trump is both of their inabilities or refusals to articulate how they will achieve the nebulous goals they assert.

There will be a fair number of Republicans voting for Hillary in swing states, just as they did for her husband. 10-20% if Cruz were the nominee, lots will simply stay home if Trump is.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/29/2016 7:25:04 AM
Hell no.

There's nothing in common between my beliefs and those of the Republican Party.
I am for:
Pro-choice.
Separation of Church and state, so all the Religious Liberty crap I see it as nothing but a form of discrimination
Revoke Citizen's United.
All super pacs have to make public the names of their contributors.
Amnesty and path to citizenship. Here I may find enemies in both sides of the aisle. But the illegal aliens are simply undocumented people that contribute to our society. We should create a system funded by the money collected by these people wanting to become Americans that creates a path to citizenship.
Universal Healthcare. Yeap I am with Bernie on this one. A pre existing condition should not keep you from getting the proper healthcare you deserve.
Extend public education to include Pre-K all the way to nursery care.
End Corporate welfare.
Eliminate Tax loopholes that keep American corporations money un-taxed and outside of the US.
I side with Apple in the issue with the FBI. Once you create a back door to emcryption everyone will be vulnerable, from banks to hospitals to infrastructure such as Nuclear Power Plants. Also give Snoden Amnesty.
Invest in Reneable energy. I get sick and tired of the climate change deniers. They are so clueless. 97 percent of independent scientific research has concluded that climate change, meaning humans have caused this, is real. Interestingly enough the 3 precent of research that questions the validity of climate change has as their funding organizations created by fossil fuel organizations and 501 (c) (4)s created by the Kock brothers.
No guns in universities. Actually I am all for making an amendment of the 2 amendment. More guns are not going to make me safer. I would rather put that money, effort, into training law enforcement in deescalation.
Have the supreme justice hearings and vote.
Increase taxes on the rich.
Salary people making less that 75K a year, should qualify for overtime pay.
Legalize the recreational use of Cannabis and regulate it like tobacco and Alcohol. Also, like beverages list the amount of alcohol, the Cannabis should list the amount of the active THC (I think that's what's called) in it.
End the Cuba embargo.
Help create a state of Palestine while still having Israel as a strong ally.
In foreign policy I am more of a Hawk, particularly since Putin wants to regain his old empire.

Where I agree with the Reps:

Charter schools. This is more of a Republican one. But I am all for it.
Right to work states. This is more of a Republican thing but I think Unions are holding us back.
I am not for a Federal increase of the minimum wage. I think the states should control this. A dollar in Alabama has a completely different purchasing power than a dollar in New York City.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/29/2016 9:55:43 AM
I'm tired of brainwashing from all sides. I don't follow politics anymore. If I do read anything it's on globalresearch.ca but I can only take so much.
 DameWrite
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2016 10:26:10 AM
If Bernie is not on the ballot, is anyone going to write in his name or vote green or another independent?

Inner gorilla: Almost everything you said I agree with except the school idea and foreign policy. I believe it's in all our own best interests to set the example, not to push/bomb our corporate agenda onto others. The "Putin" threat is actually a corporate interest battle. (pipelines and resources).
Maybe we should stop blaming "countries" and start seeing those families that are buying the politicians and setting the agendas come from all over the world? We all should be stopping them from fcking things up even more.

Congress needs a kick in the butt and all those members that vote for policy's that take away rights and put people at risk should be jailed or held accountable; financially and career wise.

Bernie's plan of taxing the rich and getting rid of corporate welfare and tax dodges as well as keeping check on military spending will save/raise enough to pay for all the infrastructure work, health care and education that needs to be addressed. The plus is people won't be stressed out. Maybe then at least one parent can stay home with the kids or their elders as well? Stress free parenting/caregiving is a good thing for all.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/29/2016 10:46:16 AM

Stress free parenting is a good thing for all.

Hahahahahah.

Stress free parenting?

Okay, deep breathe. I through the above was an oxymoron.

Hehe.
 DameWrite
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2016 11:10:46 AM
lol, yeah I know, no such thing as stress free parenting BUT the issues that come up could at least be addressed by someone more patient/calm who doesn't have financial stress to deal with as well. A decent wage and a stay at home caregiver really does help the family and community. It's a good investment compared to supplying food stamps, health care and subsidies for those that have been screwed over by the likes of Walmart. We have got to start supporting the poor in their fight and quit giving corporate welfare to those international companies that take advantage of workers AND taxpayers. Boycotting international corporations that screw over workers (in ANY part of the world) is a good start. Not letting them get into your community is another, and buying from your neighbors was and should be the norm again. Remember the local appliance sales and REPAIR companies that went under because of the "big" stores and their throwaway junk?

It's also better for the environment to shop local.

Bernie understands that it is corporate GREED that has screwed the world over. He knows that we can and will do better when the unfair competition is reigned in and held accountable.
Bernie is the only one who, given a chance, WILL follow through on his campaign of ending the greedos free ride so regular Americans can make a decent living again.

Maybe independents republicans and democrats can see this as a good thing?
 Double Cabin
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2016 4:58:18 PM
My proverbial gawd; OP if you can't see Bernie would have an even more obstructionist Congress than our first non-northern European President and get next to nothing done you really have no grasp of American Political Reality. Apparently you see supporting Hillary as support for the status quo, I see it as embracing the far and away most qualified candidate in the field and re-embracing the same policies and people that gave us our greatest period of economic expansion EVER. I also see it as securing and strengthening basic human decencies like women's healthcare. I see it as embracing actual religious freedom, not the "freedom" to impose your mythology on others. I see it as a vote against misogyny. I see it as a vote against the insanity that has gripped this country since Robert McFarlane made all those trips to Tehran and prolonged the hostage crisis to get Mr. Raygun the office.

Bernie ran as a Democrat, and unlike the imbeciles on the other side of the aisle he is going to support his party's nominee and has SAID SO. You can't "for the life of you" see Sanders supporters ultimately voting for Hillary? If you write his name in in a swing state you will essentially be voting for Trump, Cruz, or whoever they pony up in Cleveland. You want to protest the two party system and throw your vote away you'll be doing just what the 85,000 idiots in Florida that voted for Nader in 2000 did.

As for Unions "holding us back:" You think that if Unions were to disappear there would still be generous maternity leave? You think workman's comp claims would stay large enough to get people through catastrophic injury without amassing colossal debt? Do you think assembly line workers should have to pee in a bucket again? The anti-union movement has nothing to do with workers and everything to do with avaricious corporate margins. Sure, there are SOME corrupt unions but the forces of fear and division from the right have made far to many of us a whole lot more than mensa rejects. I don't think you even know what a Right To Work to State is. It's a state where employees serve at the pleasure of their employers, not the other way around. You can be fired in a second, without cause, without severance, without DECENCY. NO MEDIATION. Boy, gotta love that kind of quality of life.

Secretary Clinton has had a far tougher campaign than anyone could have imagined, Senator Sanders put up a good fight, but at least he had the decency to essentially concede when he noted his continued running is about issues, not the election.

It's great to be an idealist, far better than the ignorantly apathetic like Jersey that don't want to understand the substantial differences between the parties; but to not inject a molecule of realism you might as well be talking about Unicorns and Minotaurs. There are indeed things about Secretary Clinton I am not fond of, but unlike that right wing industry of fear and division I'll actually articulate them instead of simply trying to make her look bad with easily documentable false statements and outright lies. If you have a REAL problem with Secretary Clinton lets hear it. Substantiate it, and then lets see if it's as remotely scary as anything the right is offering up now. Yeah, she got paid to speak at Goldman Sachs. Yeah, her husband got a BJ that it took $40,000,000 tax dollars for Kenneth Starr to find out. Yeah, a handful of Americans in Libya died on her watch just like well over a hundred did at embassies and consulates during Bush 43's Administration, yeah she used a non-government e-mail just like Colin Powell and most of Condoleeza Rice's senior staff did; yeah she voted for the Iraq war just like over 70 Senators did with over 70% public support, yeah she got fat and old, yeah she...

So, ladies, honestly, given the reality of our ACTUAL choices what are your REAL problems with Secretary Clinton that lead you to suggest de-facto voting for her ultimate opponent? Let's share some actual critical thinking; lets not just propagate deceitful rhetoric.

"Think! It's very Patriotic!"
 aj17225
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/29/2016 5:25:51 PM
cabin.... "If you have a REAL problem with Secretary Clinton lets hear it."

^^^^^^^^ You may want to read up a little bit to really find out you are wandering around with blinders on. I see by your posts you haven't done much reading at all. Hillary is a perfect example of the status quo. You may need to convince the majority in here that don't care for Hillary, and I am talking democrats. I know a few Bern fans that will never vote for Hillary, I guess we shall see who goes to the polls and if Hillary is still the nominee come late summer. If she is, she will wilt under intense pressure once the height of the campaigning begins.

"Think!.......you will learn lots"
 chinook1111
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/29/2016 5:56:17 PM
Lol DC,still dreaming about the good dope days eh?Forget what happened with the economy back then,China was not the force that it is now.Try watching CCTV and find out.Power mad union bosses paved the way for heavy industry to leave,they said phuk em.

Yeah clinton had it real tough against Bernie....wait till the real fight starts with Trump,not a chance she can keep her lies straight.You really gloss over so much of the Clintons......disgusting really.How about a factual investigation of how so much cash flowed into the Clinton foundation.We know about the mine her brother in law got involved with in Haiti ....
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/29/2016 7:48:55 PM
@ 13 & 14 (aj and Chinook-->AKA double ZERO)

You 2 clowns don't learn (or just can't learn)

even with all the deficits, that Hillary has; she will still coast to the US presidency in Nov
Why you ask? Look at the miscreants who are running against her in GOP!
Even the Koch Bros would prefer Hillary over Cruz or Trump (as they favor economic growth & market stability over idealogy)

You got Trump (who if nominated) will be the butt-end of his own gaffes (that will be used against him)
Plus the FACT that few other Repubs voters who supported his GOP rivals will vote for him.
I don't see many in the Cruz, Fiorina, Kasich, Rubio camp voting for trump
I don't see very many women; Hispanics, and many other "minorities" voting for him either.

Then you have Cruz is regarded as a detestable sleaze even by those within his own party (The latest is Boehner)
and sure as Hell, Cruz won't get much of the Trump vote (should he out maneuver Trump for the GOP nomination).

On the Dem side, there will be some Sanders supporters who won't vote for Hillary, but that will be a small minority, considering the alternative to Hillary (trump or cruz); the vast majority will side Hillary.

In short, this election will be for Hillary to lose! And barring any major seismic events, she will win by a substantial margin that will actually will make Romny's loss to Obama seem respectable .

You may need to convince the majority in here that don't care for Hillary, and I am talking democrats.

I don't care much for Hillary but I would prefer her over Trump & Cruz any time!

how so much cash flowed into the Clinton foundation.We know about the mine her brother in law got involved with in Haiti ....

the fact is that most don't give a crap about this ^; in other words, its a non-issue!
For the Repubs to be bringing this up is akin to a pyromaniac who complains that his apartment lacks a smoke alarm! In other words, its laughable, and inane!
 professora
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2016 7:55:28 PM
I vote for the person-- not the party.

Bernie Saunders = Karl Marx

" Marx argued that capitalism facilitated social relations and ideology through commodification, inequality, and the exploitation of labor."

I teach many Cubans.....& they have lived the Saunders/Marx experience. The corruptions they report is impressive.

My family has migrated from Iraq/Iran and later Europe----they applaud the American way-----> which they claim has less inequality and exploitation than their past rulers.
 DameWrite
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2016 9:38:49 PM
Double Cabin "I don't think you even know what a Right To Work to State is. " You are right, I did not know. btw I DO support unions and workers. thanks for the cuff.

Professora: No one has lived the "Saunders/Marx experience. You teach? Saunders is a socialist/democrat.

This could happen: Bernie can win.

http://www.nationofchange.org/news/2016/04/29/will-happen-democratic-convention/

Hillary should bow out, never mind asking Bernie to. Hillary should be investigated and jailed for all the stunts , crimes, coups she's pulled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_PLCC6jeI

Bernie has a better chance at beating the GOP as well.
 aj17225
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/29/2016 10:10:02 PM
"Hillary should bow out, never mind asking Bernie to. Hillary should be investigated and jailed for all the stunts , crimes, coups she's pulled."

^^^^^^^^Well, Hillary and her giant lying ego will never bow out herself but may not matter after the FBI is done with their criminal investigation. Bernie has no chance under any circumstances. The dems very well are talking behind closed doors as far as who is coming out of the bullpen.
 DameWrite
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2016 10:26:39 PM
aj: Bernie can WIN as a democrat.
Independent, progressive Dems, and pissed off GOP voters like him over Hillary.

If he so chooses he could also quit the Democratic party and lead the Green Party. Democrats who hate Hillary may go Green Party if Bernie was leading it.

If the U.S. finally elects a progressive I'd be happier and we'd all be safer.

I wonder...Would Dems switch to Green if Bernie was leading it? Or would they stick with the Dem party and give their vote to Hillary?

I'd like to see Bernie kick Hillary's azz. Maybe GOP voters would switch and vote for Bernie since their nut case nominees are....nuts.
 Orione7
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/30/2016 5:36:57 AM
Iraq and Persia were thriving paradises before British and Yank meddling in their affairs for oil.
The regime changes and such like.

Corruption is the American way.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 7:17:35 AM
OP,

You are either in serious denial or REALLY not listening to Bernie. He essentially conceded when he said his continued candidacy was about issues and no longer the "election" [nomination.] His continued campaign is about the platform and possibly changing the rules/process for future cycles when it comes to super delegates, etc.

As much as you want him to kick her a$$ it is not going to happen because he's not the posterior orifice you want him to be, he ran as a Democrat knowing his candidacy was ultimately an incredible long shot, and when the dust settles and Secretary Clinton not only has more delegates but millions of more votes he will graciously accept reality and support her as he's assured us he will. He got traction, now he's taking advantage of an opportunity to potentially shape the Democratic agenda going forward

I asked you to articulate your REAL issues with Secretary Clinton. Any reason you will not, or are you just here to try and divide the Democratic party and nothing more? Honestly, what is the purpose of all your non sequitur tripe?
 gtomustang
Msg: 22
Would you switch panties?
Posted: 4/30/2016 7:50:59 AM
I read the editorials, and the conservatives like George Will et al constantly talk about how Chump will destroy their party. I don't see many liberal editorials fret about Clinton or Sanders destroying the Democratic Party. I don't think there will be a lot of moderate GOPs holding their nose to vote Hillary, they'll just refuse to show up. Not like turnout is that high to begin with.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 7:53:43 AM
It's not a matter of us switching parties. It's a matter of the parties switching away from having their heads up their own keisters, and coming up with ideas which actually represent our own.
 oj126
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/30/2016 9:09:27 AM
Actually folks are switching parties. Mr. Trump has derived two basic ideas that must represent many. Let the facts speak for themseves. A new republican party is in the formation stage. A Nationalist Party. While the pond dwelling poliically correct seem to think otherwise , The Wall and a refinement of muslim immigration seem popular enough to cause a trickle down many a leg. The alienated , most hated , Blue collar , White , Male , possibily could be the "wild card" of the upcoming circus.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 9:24:26 AM
Well, if the party is dull and boring Vs a lively party with lots of women, I have been known to switch.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you switch parties?