Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > camera shy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 try1more
Msg: 3
view profile
History
camera shy Page 1 of 1    
i don't want to turn you into a paranoid hermit, but you do realise that you cant go anywhere without being on video or some camera or other.
all i can suggest is you go practise with a friend that has a camera.

oh! and it's not true that the camera can steal your soul :-)

so are you just crap at spelling or using a mobile that thinks it knows what you want to say better than you do, or maybe starting on the dutch courage a bit early :-)
 Chuzz16
Msg: 5
view profile
History
camera shy
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:16:41 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same when I was younger and still don't like posing for the camera( unless I've had a few drinks) then I seem to be at the front of all the pics.

I felt just like you before my wedding, I didn't know how I would be able to get through the day. You have been chosen to bridesmaid, which is a real honor. The poor bride will be full of nerves and will need you to support her, concentrate on that and it might make you feel a bit better. The photos are a small part of the day. Try not to let it spoil it for you. Hope you have a wonderful day with your friend.
 Jo van
Msg: 7
camera shy
Posted: 5/2/2016 11:13:31 AM
^^^ I can see Jebus' face in that cake.
I can also see right up your

nose, from here.

OP., why not take just one good picture of your face, smiling, in private.
And then,
Blow it up to 'life-sized', or even just a tiny little bit bigger, for added impact?
and then just hold that picture up, over you face, whenever a new picture is needed.
Simple.
You're welcome.
Jo
Internet Advice Guru.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 8
view profile
History
camera shy
Posted: 5/3/2016 3:23:20 AM
All wonderfully great advice - Chuzz is back
 billybonds
Msg: 9
The forum's golden girl is awesome, gorgeous and perspicacious, welcome back Chuzz :)
Posted: 5/5/2016 1:30:57 PM
Offer to take the photos op.....
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 11
The forum's golden girl is awesome, gorgeous and perspicacious, welcome back Chuzz :)
Posted: 5/7/2016 8:44:54 AM
When you go into the picture, muster up all your smiles and confidence, even if just for a few seconds, that moment before the shutter is clicked. It's like practice, it'll get easier and easier. When people look at a group picture, they can tell who's the shy one. Go into it with the attitude of "My hair is friggen cute today, I need to be on camera".
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
camera shy
Posted: 5/15/2016 4:17:31 AM
Get a friend to take the photo when you are not aware of it.

Was taking photos at a local pub's beer festival and a friend admitted that she hates posing for photos, so got asked to take some photos of her when she did know about it.

Walked away and came back a few mins later, viewscreen open and at an angle so that the camera was being held at waist height or so, looks like you are simply carrying it. Took about 6 photos and then had some guy come up to me and accuse me of stalking / taking secret photos. Had enough by then, took them over to the lady who had been laughing at some jokes and she absolutely loved them :) Pointed to the bloke and he came over to apologise :)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > camera shy