Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > How do you find the motivation to work out?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How do you find the motivation to work out?Page 1 of 1    
This would be better in the health and fitness forum.

So I doubt you get many response here, but I'll respond.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum99.aspx

However, the only trick I have is to go to the gym even if I don't feel like working out. Once I am there, it seems foolish to not work out a little, otherwise I have wasted the time it took to get there. You could do the same even if you don't belong to a gym, you can go someplace to walk, run, roller blade, whatever, once you are there and ready, likely you will follow through.

When I was working, I would go to the gym on the way to work, it became part of my routine.

If you are riding a bike, once you have gone X miles, the only way to get back is to ride X miles back. You are young, go as far on a bike as you can, you will have to double that just to get back.

Listen to music, Bluetooth works well for that, watch your heart rate, it will improve over time, maybe you will get into seeing changes in your endurance or strength. You don't have to start out with a goal, goals can develop once you get involved.
 chinook1111
Msg: 3
How do you find the motivation to work out?
Posted: 5/17/2016 7:01:00 PM
That would be about the age but just past fifty it's a definite downshift.You know what to do.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/18/2017 9:50:26 AM
I do have a "trick" that works for me and here it is :

I used to be an on again off again jogger . The reason was because I had a go hard or go home tude and sometimes I just didn't have the energy.

One day I said to myself, I'm going to jog and if I jog at a ridiculously slow pace then that will be better than nothing.

Just that one shift has kept me on track ever since. It took all the pressure off. I no longer needed to feel " up to it ".
 sexandthepof
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2017 4:36:13 PM
My motivation to work out is to keep myself in shape and have a clear and positive mind as much as I can. I push myself to work out 15 - 30 minutes every second day at least, before going to or after work. I do find it's hard to start to work out a lot of times. But as soon as I can start on a rowing machine, a glider exercise machine or a bicycle, with the music on, I find it's easy to keep going. And I feel good afterwards.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/22/2017 7:26:58 AM
When at the gym, I get on a treadmill next to a heavier girl and tell myself " I dont want to look like that". Other days, I will work out next to a thin, in shape girl and tell myself " I can look like that". Weighing myself every morning also keeps me on track.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > How do you find the motivation to work out?