Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > here it is a sailor... I don't want to be just a fish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ita-uk
Msg: 1
view profile
History
here it is a sailor... I don't want to be just a fishPage 1 of 1    
Hi fish and mermaids,
what about my sailor's profile?
I tried to be funny with the title and I hope all the rest is interesting too. Instead of fishing I'm looking for a sweet mermaid... is that too difficult? :D
 Chromis1
Msg: 2
view profile
History
here it is a sailor... I don't want to be just a fish
Posted: 5/4/2016 1:04:28 PM
I don't think the "wading into the ocean" pictures adds anything to help your cause, nor the "diving" pic. Holding parallel to a bar is pretty cool, but there's a woman in the picture - better to crop her out.

In their place, add two pics, head/shoulders, that show off your dazzling smile. Including your current main, rotate the three every week or so for maximum exposure.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/5/2016 6:45:43 AM
Adorable and adventurous.
Add some more pics where we can see your face.
You look 10 years younger.

I think your writing style shows English is your second language and that's perfectly okay.

Professional is not a job. Tell your actual job.

At 35 you should know whether you want children...the women do.

I don't like people who often complaints and that can't find a positive aspect in daily things.
If you are optimistic, don't write about negatives or what you don't like.

Anyway, this looks like a showcase where we have to sell our person... but I'm not like this, I will not write words and words about myself; I've got a professional CV not a dating one :D
That's exactly what it is.
It need not be a CV; it's just a peek into your world and the most successful profiles give more details.
So...tell us more.
Where do you volunteer and what do you get from it? My passion is dog rescue/fostering so I wrote about that when I had an active profile.
You could tell about a favorite SCUBA dive, place you traveled to, write something about your job.

She need to picture you and whether she wants to date you.

You will do very well her with a few fixes.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:16:45 AM
Well I like you for using the word Bricolage!
Main is great, I agree about the wading into the water.. that one could be replaced.
I am guessing English is your second language so the text is good, I'd remove the negs and add and S to Sports.
You could flesh it out a bit more ( favorite place to visit, etc)
I like seeing a first name instead of About Me
Best of luck
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/6/2016 5:59:15 AM
Just check the History Leslie - OP stated in another thread he is Italian :/
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > here it is a sailor... I don't want to be just a fish