Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do most men consider women who are on pof to be "damaged goods"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jjay02016
Msg: 1
Do most men consider women who are on pof to be "damaged goods"?Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Do a lot of men or people in general seem to think women who are on pof for a long time and are always on to be "damaged goods" so to speak, maybe compared to regular women you meet in the real world who don't do online dating? I'm mainly speaking on younger demographics, around my age. I've been on pof on and off for a couple years, I've been on many dates but the vast majority of them either s.luts to put it simply, who are easy to get in bed and have had many sexual partners, or they were gold diggers who thought they were the best thing on the planet, or they had severe emotional issues and didn't know how to communicate properly and had major baggage with exes etc. Out of the couple years I've been on here, I've never really met any women who I wanted to pursue a relationsh ip with of any kind.

The women that I've met outside of online dating seemed to have had much better qualities, had better morals, haven't slept around and had good communication skills for the most part. Now I don't think it's really a coincidence, but I'm starting to feel like a lot of younger women who do use pof, are sort of "damaged goods" in my perspective.

Why do I seem to have only had good experiences with women I've met in real life, and not online dating? Is there a reason for this perhaps, or is it just that online dating isn't for everyone, and maybe it's not for me? I would like to hear others' opinions. I do honestly feel like Pof and dating sites in general would work much better for those who are older.

I know for sure though that its not only women, and that many men have problems online dating, so I'm not being sexist in any way. Just wanted to add that. Thanks
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do most men consider women who are on pof to be damaged goods?
Posted: 5/4/2016 2:55:40 PM
Anyone over the age of six months, who has had social contact with another human being, is "damaged goods."

ESPECIALLY the ones who think they are not.
 Maleman999
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/4/2016 3:08:24 PM
This is why I always bring a tool box on first meets.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/4/2016 3:24:26 PM

This is why I always bring a tool box on first meets.

Don't forget the bag of Fix-All.

I do honestly feel like Pof and dating sites in general would work much better for those who are older..

Ha ha.

Oh, you were serious?

Well, this should be an interesting opened can of worms.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 3:25:55 PM

maybe compared to regular women you meet in the real world

The secret is out, OP!

I can only speak for myself (although I suspect this is true for the great majority of women). I have a split personality, and live most of my life as undamaged goods, especially when I go to work, shop for groceries, cook dinner for my husband, or interact with small children. But, as soon as I log onto POF, all this changes -- cracks start to show, some minor limbs fall off, and the damage reveals itself.

Thank god my husband didn't notice this when we first met and now he reaps the rewards of being with a real world woman about 90% of the time (the damaged goods times are short and generally limited to my participation in the forums).

I wonder about you, OP. Are you also a shape changer, or are you ALWAYS damaged goods, even when you leave on here?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/4/2016 4:58:46 PM
Op = do you call ALL the women SLUTs who don't wanna get with you?
Best to stick with what you have success with.. leaving those slutty types to the other Men
 NJgirl116
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/4/2016 5:07:09 PM
You are 21 years old and busy smelling other people's underwear? Go outside for a run, get some fresh air.
 flaneur001
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 5:31:05 PM
OP: it isn't that complicated at all.

Women you are meeting on-line have read your profile. Your profile reveals way too much information about your struggles in your early life - dysfunctional family etc. Of course, most people grow up with some degree of dysfunction. However, as adults, we don't share this information on a dating profile. This information would be something you share with people you are getting closer too as time unfolds. A more balanced person would see this type of disclosure as a red flag, whereas someone who shares your family background and legacy of 'boundary' issues (inappropriate self disclosure) would think nothing of contacting you.

In real life, I'm assuming that you are meeting women with shared interests or through mutual friends - and you are NOT beginning the conversations about your family of origin issues.

This is the reason for the discrepancy between your experience on and off line!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 7:24:52 PM
^^^^ This is true. Spilling your guts in a profile isn't a smart move. Try writing something else about yourself that's positive. That way, you can sit and guess at the new reasons why they shoot you down.

If you're brave enough to meet IRL, stick with that. Remember this quote-

"Online dating for the good man is a soul crushing experience of unanswered messages and an empty inbox."

I wish that statement was false. It isn't.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:23:34 PM
Dude, you're 21.

You're immature and so are the women your age.

Damaged goods?

Try dating 45+.

Divorces, widowed, debts, abuse, etc. etc.

You have no idea what's ahead for you.

Hahahahhahaha
 NJgirl116
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:11:33 PM
^^^Ain't. That. The. Truth.

In our twenties, (some) guys just wanted to get in our pants. In the more seasoned category, they want to first tell us all that is wrong with women, then get in our pants.
 moraima
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:31:16 PM
FYI at 21, your opinions still have to brew for years before they will give you a balanced view of reality.

I have been here for a decade = 10 years. I must have been so damaged that I am all but destroyed according to your logic.

You bring a smile to my face.

Do you really believe that the few you have met in your short life equal all women?

Silly, silly boy.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:49:19 PM
Like your other thread (Fat women getting rejected) youre using the forums to bash women. Calling them sluts, gold diggers, damaged goods? Men bash women like this when they have no success with them.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Why would any woman on pof to be with a man who's damaged goods?
Posted: 5/4/2016 10:20:56 PM
I think the OP is "damaged goods". No question...bottom of the barrel.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 10:34:59 PM
Whatever "damaged goods" means, there must be the male equivalent as well if they have been here for years. Some are just here to play games, live a fantasy life and you cant possibly make judgements on others that you have never met. You may have met some girls that just want to have fun but at your age, that is all it should be. It takes two to tango and no woman can be a "slut" on her own. You get what you project and expect.

loveisatemple
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/5/2016 2:21:08 AM
For 21, you seem to generalize with great hostility already, towards women.Your question: is OLD bad for 21 yr old men? Yes, so I guess you will take your slut shaming to real life, where you do so well.

"Do a lot of men or people in general seem to think women who are on pof for a long time and are always on to be "damaged goods" so to speak, maybe compared to regular women you meet in the real world who don't do online dating? "

There are damaged goods everywhere. If you mean, do people who favor online dating have an instant gratification mentality, are they desperate, have social phobia or problems initiating contacts in the flesh, etc... probably some are predisposed to those traits, but not everybody. Some do ok.

"I'm mainly speaking on younger demographics, around my age. I've been on pof on and off for a couple years, I've been on many dates but the vast majority of them either s.luts to put it simply, who are easy to get in bed "

Then, you are a slut as well. Nice sexist double standarding. Very poignant, why hasn't a gal snapped you up?

"and have had many sexual partners, "

How many have you had? I guess you wanted a virgin. Maybe we can institute scarlet letters.

"or they were gold diggers who thought they were the best thing on the planet"

You picked them. Do you have income reqs ? Just wondering. Do you not think you are the best thing? You seem to imply that with these rants.

", or they had severe emotional issues and didn't know how to communicate properly and had major baggage with exes etc. "

Pot calling kettle black?

"Out of the couple years I've been on here, I've never really met any women who I wanted to pursue a relationsh ip with of any kind. "

Get your money back. This is not a vend machine.

"The women that I've met outside of online dating seemed to have had much better qualities, had better morals, haven't slept around and had good communication skills for the most part. "

So successful irl? Do that? Or, maybe these well adjusted people didn't want you.

"Now I don't think it's really a coincidence, but I'm starting to feel like a lot of younger women who do use pof, are sort of "damaged goods" in my perspective. "

More labels and categorization, sluts, damaged goods, gold diggers, fat women, arrogant, mental cases, etc. Why hasn't a gal snapped you up? So cuddly.

"Why do I seem to have only had good experiences with women I've met in real life, and not online dating? Is there a reason for this perhaps, or is it just that online dating isn't for everyone, and maybe it's not for me? I would like to hear others' opinions. I do honestly feel like Pof and dating sites in general would work much better for those who are older."

Why do people like you bother? Because you are stuck. Always an excuse, it's never YOU. Is this thread a face saving rant? Nobody requires you to explain your failures online. Your only explanation is women are %#}#! so I guess you don't learn via experience.

"I know for sure though that its not only women, and that many men have problems online dating, so I'm not being sexist in any way. Just wanted to add that. Thanks"

Sexist...you call yourself not sexist? Cognitive dissonance, much? Anyway, glad you figured it out and can stop trolling online.

The damaged good, sluts, whores, fat women,**** women, gold diggers, severe emotional/ communication issues gals are just not up to par to your balanced, kindly nature, and great emotional depth and maturity.

The good news is Mgtow is recruiting, and you can finally fit in somewhere.
 Walts
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/5/2016 4:20:23 AM
I don't know about the women but, I do know that I'm about as off-side anyone can be without having to be carried off to the funny farm. Oh, don't get me wrong. They've tried. I just seem to always be one step ahead of the little phuckers but, one day, I know, deep in my heart, they'll get me.

And then the white suit will come out.
 south_city
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/5/2016 6:57:12 AM
I think there are a lot of people for both genders on POF that are "damaged goods". Flakes, players, liars, cheaters, time wasters etc. Sure these types of people can be found anywhere. But in my experience, the overall quality is worse on POF compared to other dating sites I have used or offline.
 carolann0308
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:39:56 AM
Your profile would lead someone to believe you are damaged, so why would a 'normal' girl be interested?

When you date women from your social circle, they are not going to risk their reputation on a guy that refers to women as gold diggers and sluts. A stranger unfortunately takes that risk on.
 chinook1111
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:46:39 AM
OP would be a lot better off addressing his own issues.Why does he continue to post pics from a few years ago when he was obviously jacked?
 gtomustang
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:54:07 AM
Shoot, we don't need a toolbox for our dates, the old rule of duct tape and WD-40 still applies--if your partner seems to be a little loose, tape 'em up. If they don't seem to move fast enough for your tastes, hose 'em down. or just bring one tool, the OP. meanwhile, if the 20 yr old guys didn't bother to say what was wrong with women before getting into their shorts, does that mean young men are more honest than the old fogies?

i'm not sure what guys the age of the OP feel about women--they're lucky they even know what to do with 'em. Maybe there's finally an app for that. of course, there are some damaged people here. ask the other ones, they'll be glad to point out every little thing they've done wrong.

When all is said and done, and more was said than done....we find what we're looking for.
 daynadaze
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:19:08 AM
Okay, where are all the people that told me he was just a young guy and not meaning to bash women? Well here he is again, so tell me, is he bashing women?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 23
Walking on Broken Glass
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:21:55 AM

You were the sweetest thing that I ever knew
But I don't care for sugar honey if I can't have you
Since you've abandoned me
My whole life has crashed
Won't you pick the pieces up

'cause it feels just like I'm walking on broken glass

Walking on walking on broken glass
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:46:47 AM

........And then the white suit will come out.

Come out? Like "outta the closet"? LOL

Okay, where are all the people that told me he was just a young guy and not meaning to bash women? Well here he is again, so tell me, is he bashing women?

LOL You know dayna, about 29 sec ago I was thinkin' the exact same thing. Jumped up to let the cat out, sat back down, scrolled down and there you were. LOL Yepper, I agree!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/5/2016 9:13:38 AM

Well here he is again, so tell me, is he bashing women?

Kind of a "match-point".....for the people that knew what the other post was all about.
Let's encourage him and pretend he is just being naive...rolls eyes....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do most men consider women who are on pof to be "damaged goods"?