Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why is nothing done against these bots and adding users to favourites      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 backinitonceagain
Msg: 1
Why is nothing done against these bots and adding users to favouritesPage 1 of 1    
I get notifications every night from these bots. And really late at night. I got a few last night at like 3 am. Why is nothing done about it? I'm really tired of it.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why is nothing done against these bots and adding users to favourites
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:54:16 PM
Whining about it in here won't get you anywhere.

Disabling your phone alerts is something YOU are capable of doing yourself (the 3-square dots "Settings" button in the upper right corner)

Email customer service at CSR@POF.com if you feel it's specific harassment - just keep in mind, a couple times isn't a pattern yet. Name specific profile names in the email - it's like tracking a vehicle without a license plate if you can't give specifics.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:52:47 PM
I have a feeling that you fail to understand the Favorite button? (Or do you prefer Favorite feature?) You are certainly not alone.

It is undisptably the Swiss Army knife of site features.... at least for folks who PAY ATTENTION.

Learn to use it and it offers many benefits of all kinds.

Do you realize you can remove yourself off of annyone's list if it annoys you for some reason?
 CatharsisInJune
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/5/2016 9:33:46 AM
I'm with you, OP.

The "feature" along with "Meet Me" is being abused by countless bots aka fake profiles set up by dodgy sex sites.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 5
Why is nothing done against these bots and adding users to favourites?
Posted: 5/5/2016 5:30:05 PM
I have a feeling that you fail to understand the Favorite button? It is undisputably the Swiss Army knife of site features.... at least for folks who PAY ATTENTION. Learn to use it and it offers many benefits of all kinds.

Many benefits of all kinds? Like what?
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/7/2016 9:06:51 AM
Aah the mythology of the 'other uses' of the Favourites button....
back in the Stone Age if two people outside the permitted
age range favourited each other, they could message without
restriction....it stopped a few years back........

Any more myth & mystery?

OTTO BONN
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/8/2016 8:48:34 PM
What the bunny said.
 BBWloverIsHere
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/15/2016 10:36:53 AM
I think nothing is being done about it because POF is the one generating the auto-favorite bots, I guess they got tired of men complaining they get zero responses, the vast majority of dating websites use this tactic to keep their users interested.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why is nothing done against these bots and adding users to favourites