Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review, woman, 40, UK.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Review, woman, 40, UK.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
the pics are bad and they are what count. So get that sorted. Not rocket science. In clear light, up close and smiling. You are studying?? What exactly???. The profile really does not have to have much detail beyond what you are looking for and your interests but in a concise form.. All the rest of it can be discussed when you actually meet up.

Coffee dates are best when strangers are meeting for the first time as it can save time and money if there is no connection. Would you expect a guy to buy you dinner for instance? I would feel awkward splitting the bill also. For a first date where he has actually invited you out, then he pays.

VikingHoosier
Msg: 8
Review, woman, 40, UK.
Posted: 5/8/2016 3:33:52 AM
The beginning of your about me has gotten worse even though you're aware that shows up in searches. Saying a friend found someone here is cliche, and suggests you're a lemming (mindlessly following others instead of thinking for yourself).

The long bold part is not worthy of bold text.

Having many interests is good as long as you actually are interested in them, and they're not boring or repetitive. Can you justify having both reading and books? If not, remove at least one. Wouldn't know the significance of RPG versus table top RPG. You have a political interest: "gender equality". If someone with that interest messaged me, I would respond, "in true gender equality, women would register for the draft, men would have a say whether babies are born, and women would pay their way on dates".

Your wording about coffee dates is indeed negative, but is probably the clearest and most concise way to express it.

As to the heterophobic post claiming straight men don't read the about me or first date section, am not going to hijack this thread by refuting the claim, but if the heterophobe posts a link to that issue on a thread in the regular forums, can refute it there.
 tennistown
Msg: 9
Review, woman, 40, UK.
Posted: 5/8/2016 10:56:02 AM

Posted By: cheshiresalt
I like my text as it is now. . .

That is unfortunate.
As I was reading your profile
it seemed to bounce around
willy nilly.

We were supposed to go to Laughter Yoga this week, but it got cancelled, so know I still don't know what that is! Next week Secret Circus is up, but it's on the same day as Metal to The Masses, big dilemma!

Even from across the pond, ^^^ this
information seems stale and dated.

As men, we would rather hear about you,
rather than when the Secret Circus
bounces out of town.

No coffee dates / cuppa dates thank you, I have been interrogated, oh sorry, I meant interviewed, one time to many now

...one time to many now = ...one time too many.
You end your introductory dating profile with negative waves.
Project from within yourself,
how you would like your dream man to appear.
Not like some sad sack. Right?

The one and only photo I liked,
you were sitting at the end of a booth.
Wearing tall shoes and an unusual caped outfit.

Sure, the other four people sitting behind you
was a distraction. Still, you were clearly
the focus of that photograph. Looking good!

The two "close-up" pic's were too close up
and the lighting is super harsh. No bueno.
And all the rest should go away forever.
You can attract a quality man with better pictures.
Good luck.
 Forums_only
Msg: 10
Review, woman, 40, UK.
Posted: 5/8/2016 12:39:33 PM
Please read the following with a British accent so as not to offend your sensibilities. ;)

Your forum history is quite interesting, and telling, by the way.

For this profile - the written portion is fine with the exception that you don't give the poor **stards any clue about the type of man you'd like to meet. It makes it difficult for someone to determine whether or not to introduce themselves. I'm not sure if that was intentional or just an oversight, but it may make it easier for someone who may be a decent match to decide.

You don't have kids/don't want/like kids so it may be helpful to mention in your profile if you may actually be open to someone who may still have a child(ren) at home. There are ways to discourage those that do if you're not interested in that.

The first 'date' is typically supposed to be a short meeting to determine if you'd like to see each other again. I never planned anything other than a short coffee/drink date in the afternoon for an initial meeting as I didn't want to waste an afternoon with someone I found dead boring or a vulgar piggie in real life. I couldn't imagine wasting 2 hours in a museum with someone who I had no interest in seeing again. (this kind of thing you should know within a few minutes of meeting) Anyway, whatever works for you, right?

I truly feel you have no serious intent on changing anything in your profile either way, but at least now you have a few ideas you can use later, if you choose to.

Good luck.
 Scaretale
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Review, woman, 40, UK.
Posted: 5/10/2016 7:57:41 AM
Your profile needs some work, but you have great interests.

I think you sound way cool...I would totally hit you up if you lived in Denver. :-)

I'm going to see Soulfly this Thursday!
 Scaretale
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Review, woman, 40, UK.
Posted: 5/11/2016 6:52:09 AM
Okay...my bad, I thought you knew about metal, and weren't a poser :-P

Soulfly is fronted by Max Calvera, the ex-vocalist of Sepultura. His new band is badass - he's got the best growls in the business.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 23
Review, woman, 40, UK.
Posted: 5/12/2016 6:43:41 AM
Guns N' Roses is not metal :/
 Scaretale
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Review, woman, 40, UK.
Posted: 5/12/2016 6:48:34 AM
You're dumping me because of my taste in music? :-P

Not all metal is like the stereotype.

You should Youtube Nightwish - "Sleeping Sun", "Ghost Love Score", "last ride of the day"...or of course, "Scaretale".

How can anyone can not like music that doesn't fit in a box? I've been to their concerts, and people cry because the music is so beautiful. :-)

You're missing out!

PS - Good morning Tater...don't you look lovely today ;-)
 Scaretale
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Review, woman, 40, UK.
Posted: 5/12/2016 8:50:54 AM
Technically...

At the time, hair and glam metal was extremely popular. Winger, Slaughter, Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt, Cinderella...

Then GnR and grunge came and ended that era...and GnR was way harder than any of those. They won quite a few Hard Rock and Metal awards. They are definitely hard rock by today's standards, but back then, they were still considered metal by some.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 30
Review, woman, 40, UK.
Posted: 5/16/2016 5:58:28 AM
Dzien dobry,
One bad, old photo is simply not good enough to attract a decent guy on here. We couldn't even pick you out from a police line-up. Putting a few pounds overweight, and mentioning your "old" car, makes me think this photo was taken a long time ago, and that you've chunked out significantly since the photo was taken. RED FLAG.

Lose the bold headings, they make it look more like a CV.

"We were supposed to go to Laughter Yoga this week, but it got cancelled" - this is going to get old, fast. Are you planning to update your profile every week with the status of your meetup groups? In fact i see your thread has been up for more than a week so this is already out of date, no? "so know I still don't know what that is" - spelling error. I'm not sure how listing your meetup groups is going to help you find a man.

"my travel destionations are solely to visit friends and family in oher countries I have resided in" - spelling errors. And really? Many men in your age group, especially those who don't have kids and don't want kids, like to travel widely, not to the same places over and over. This sentence will put them off.

The "who are you" again reads more like a CV than a dating profile. Looking for a motivated individual to join a highly focussed team...?

I'm not sure how expressing a wish to get a Paul O'Grady tramp stamp is going to attract a quality man. What are you thinking?

The second part of the last paragraph can go, it adds nothing.

First date, lose the bold part and the last paragraph.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review, woman, 40, UK.