Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Any fellow racers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NYNewtoPSL
Msg: 1
Any fellow racers?Page 1 of 1    
Because football, baseball, soccer, and basketball only require one ball...

What do you run and where?
I used to race stock cars, dabbled with drag racing, ran motocross when I was a teenager, ran a sled on the ice drags. Always wanted to get an SCCA license and run either a Camaro or Corvette. Saw a video on YouTube of web slough racing with 850+hp small/big blocks in 16 foot jet boats and would love to give that a shot! After arriving to Florida, I can't seem to find any dirt tracks to race on.

Seems like mud bogging is a big thing down here, might find an old K10-30 or K5 blazer with a cast iron transfer case and build one of my race motors shove that in and try that. From what I saw you can't really rip around... Not many 1/4 mile tracks near me either.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 2
Any fellow racers?
Posted: 5/8/2016 6:16:32 AM
See the profile pic, built in my shop by me. 9.17@149 best so far.
Stock car racing is way too much work. LOL Us dragracers are lazy in comparison.
 NYNewtoPSL
Msg: 3
Any fellow racers?
Posted: 5/8/2016 7:27:51 AM
Nice. I was going to build a shoebox nova to run in the 1/4 I built a nasty 427 that I picked up for free on craigslist (loved it when some cityiot would buy up a house or farm and wanted stuff hauled for free not knowing what they were throwing away), traded a KX250 for a Lenco transmission, had a narrowed 9 inch rear end axles and all. Just couldn't get my hands on a nova for less that 12k. Or wasn't completely rotted...

Stock cars aren't much work, it's easier to tune the suspension in on a G body coil spring car than it is to tune the suspension in to make a 9 second pass without boiling the tires off John Force style... What may be more work is body repairs from jamming doors and quarter panels. My motto, not a primadonna. Doesn't have to look pretty, just has to go fast and win. So by the end of a season the body was basically shot and was just about every color but what it was when it left the paint booth... Sprint cars are fun! I wasn't much of a fan of open wheel cars like sportsmans and modifieds I ran pure stock/street stock/hobby stock whatever the tracks call that class, bumped up to pro stocks, ran a few open wheel cars to try it out... Got in a racesaver 305 sprint car and had a ball! They're 500hp gokarts that run on alcohol. Would love to try a 950hp world of outlaws sprint car!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Any fellow racers?