Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Could i get some feedback ladies?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 5
Could i get some feedback ladies?Page 1 of 1    

I almost want to upgrade but I want to be sure it is worth it first.

It's not.

Why pay for rejection when you can get an abundance of it for free?
 ScooterSB
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Could i get some feedback ladies?
Posted: 5/10/2016 3:04:38 PM
Do not upgrade.

You can massively improve your profile for free.

Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.
-Satchel Paige

How to make peoples eyes roll on a dating site- Open with an over used cliche.

Pro Tip: write your about me in word/notepad and then copy/paste. I kept trying to do it on the website and it kept logging me out after a certain amount of time, writing this 4ish times was no fun lol.

fyi NO ONE CARES! Get on with it. A huge number of readers will have clicked away at this point, you have said nothing interesting or useful.

So where do I start?

Funny, thought you already had.

I work full time, almost 50 hours a week, which doesn’t give me a lot of time to meet new people. When I’m not at work I’ve been spending a few hours a day at the gym, it is a great way for me to release any negative energy I may have accumulated throughout the day.

Here is how women will read this opening.

60+ hours of my time is taken up with other things, so I'm probably not going to have much time to date, you will never be a priority in my life.

What poor way to start. Why is the first think you think to mention how many hours a week you work.

Start bold, get the persons interest

"Hi, I'm a fun loving, passionate, adventurous, creative and witty guy" doesn't that sound a better way to start than
"I work 50 hours a week"

Ditch all this stuff at the start and think about SELLING YOURSELF

-What makes you special and unique?
- Why should a women date you over the millions of others on this site?
- What are you passionate about?
- What does romance mean to you?

Open with these things.

Also as others have said, new pictures are needed.

A clear bright well lit SMILING headshot for your main.
A full body photo
a few photos of you out enjoying life, tell the story of you in 5-8 photos
(Any photos that don't have you in are both against site rules and pretty much useless)
 tennistown
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/10/2016 4:59:06 PM

Posted By: Jmar7688
I am not getting any replies.

I see two things
worth changing.
(In addition to the suggestions, so far.)

Jmar7688: Keep your hopes up high and your head down low

^^^ That is good advise to give someone
heading into battle or a boxing ring.
For a dating site, it blows chunks.
Got something fun to put down instead?

I listen to a lot of music throughout the day, I like pretty much everything but country. My favorite band is definitely Coheed and Cambria, and if you know who they are you automatically get 50 brownie points in my book.

"I like pretty much everything but country."
Really!?! You like Barbershop Quartets,
Alpine Yodelers and Mariachi bands too!
Cool.

I suggest keeping positive, and not slamming Country Music.
That sentence can go. Too many Johnny Cash fans on this rock.

Simply replace that particular sentence
with the musical genres that you do like!

I googled the Coheed and Cambria's
"You got spirit, kid" official video.
The music had bad words.
The male nudity
I could have missed
and still felt I led
a complete life.
I give the video, a double bird.

Ever heard of the Buckcherry "Crazy Bit*h" (video)
Their official video edits the bad words
yet still retains the artistic flavor and nuances.

Both sets of band members
seemed interchangeable to me.

Yeah, some wardrobes malfunctioned
but no dudes butt cheeks (like in your video)
were shown, thankfully.
Youtube it.
Good luck!
 LAEPF
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/12/2016 1:43:42 AM
Hey Tennistown- what's wrong with Mariachi? lol.

Yes, better pics. Smiling pics. The biggest problem in your profile is your repetitive use of the word "I" to start nearly every sentence. I think your content is actually fairly descriptive and down to earth. Just work on the way you structure it.

Leslie:)
PS- I don't really like country either and I almost never listen to rap but I don't like when guys say "I like everything except rap" and SO many guys just have to state that. Like what was said above, who doesn't like a little Johnny Cash or Merle? And guys who say they don't like even a little rap, just come off as closed minded. I'd name one or two bands everyone knows instead of obscure ones. Maybe I'm being hypocritical. I mention Sublime in my profile. Then again, I really hope anyone I date at least knows who they are!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Could i get some feedback ladies?