Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Reviews appreciated      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prince_charmingx
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Reviews appreciatedPage 1 of 1    
Hello all,

I've been on POF a while now, and I've had some good connections, met some cool people, but never caught my fish here.

Recently I just seem to not get any replies at all, no matter what I do. I've tried different styles of messaging, I generally do put quite a lot of effort into these messages, so I do feel a bit short changed. Any criticism appreciated.

Thanks
 call_me_tater
Msg: 2
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/12/2016 2:17:07 PM
Hi Craig,

First the pics:
Cutting your ex out of the face close ups is a boner move. Get new ones.
Fancy suit would be good if you weren't holding your junk or sitting on a wrinkled sheet covered sofa.
Not average--few extra.

2nd P starts with a whopper of a run on.
What is "old fashioned" to you? To me it means the women cooks in heels every night and has that gin ready when prince charmingx walk in the door.

Commas are not the same as periods.
 prince_charmingx
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/12/2016 2:32:33 PM
Thanks for the pointers!

Ex cut offs - gone. Body type - changed. Profile text - Yeah, I suppose that could be written better. The original text has been chopped up so many times that it's ended up with commas where there probably shouldn't be!

I actually didn't realise that the picture on the sofa looks as though I have my hand in an inappropriate location! I'll go crop that!!
 tennistown
Msg: 4
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/12/2016 6:03:06 PM

Posted By: prince_charmingx
Recently I just seem to not get any replies at all, no matter what I do.

With an user name like "Prince Charming x (kiss)"
You had better have a super charming profile.
No flub ups.

I'm here and hoping some of you will give me the opportunity to show you something good. It saddens me to see that some ladies on here have never been taken on a date?

^^^ With these two sentences, you sound like quite the baller.
Mr Playa. Are you planning on "dating" all these under utilized women?

I suggest you write to the one, instead of the many.
Your profile will then appear more sincere, or charming.
Good luck!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/12/2016 11:03:47 PM
You are not average, you are a few pounds extra but that is obvious to see. You can work out a bit more to make yourself more desirable and at your age it should be easy. Pics are what count initially and that you have actually met up with some gals is a lot more than a lot of guys get to do. You are tall so make the most of yourself and get exercising.
 Scaretale
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/13/2016 3:04:44 AM

You are not average, you are a few pounds extra but that is obvious to see. You can work out a bit more to make yourself more desirable and at your age it should be easy. Pics are what count initially and that you have actually met up with some gals is a lot more than a lot of guys get to do. You are tall so make the most of yourself and get exercising.

Dude...this is a profile review, not a personal review on what you can physically change about yourself to be more appealing.

Rude.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 7
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/13/2016 7:13:26 AM
Yeah, Letitia can't comprehend that someone could be perfectly happy with their body and not want to change just to catch a date. She says that to every overweight person.

Craig, you look good. Just change body type so you don't miss out on the women looking for cuddly bears ;)
Add some interests including activities you like to do such as gigs, bowling, pubs, etc.
Go into detail in the text.
What do you cook?

Describe the woman you seek.
 Chromis1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/16/2016 2:58:11 PM
Except to the extent that it shows your full build, your current main is fairly useless.

But dressing well - good idea. Don't lose sight of the fact that pictures mean everything in this venue, so maximize your efforts to make the best snapshots you can. For a main, head/shoulders and a broad smile usually works best. Be outdoors with no sun to create funky shadows. Employ a variety - you doing this, you doing that. Do a little googling on the best poses for a man.

If I were you, I'd be tempted to go with a headline like "There's a starman waiting in the sky."
 prince_charmingx
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/16/2016 5:22:53 PM
Thanks guys, advice well and truly taken.

For those who mentioned it - I do work out. I've dropped from a 46" waist to a 36" in the last couple of years, I go to the gym as often as I can - sometimes four times a week, sometimes once or not at all.

I thought I had changed the body type already! That's done now. I've also reworded my profile text a little bit, in line with the advice offered above.

I must get some more photographs taken, but I don't photograph particularly well. One of my friends took an awesome picture of my a the weekend but I'm leaning against the front of my car - and I know better than to post something like that on POF.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 10
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/16/2016 5:31:33 PM
Craig..
Ignore what the mean one said
You need pictures, Hon it is what gets your foot in the door. I don't fancy the Main as you don't look comfortable. I LOATHE pictures taken of me so I get it, just get some mates to snap a bunch til you find some you like
Don't use the own house, etc as a carrot
Try to avoid the cliches.. you want to stand out. Not much about you tho ( well you have a house) try telling HER who CRAIG is.. give her some insight into you and your World, k?
I think you are sincere and I wish you great luck :)
 prince_charmingx
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/16/2016 6:00:30 PM
Thanks!

I honestly hate being photographed, but I do know I need pictures on here.

Own home wasn't intended to be a carrot as such, but I know some people my age are still at home with their parents, and that can show lack of motivation, I can see how it looks like a carrot though, I just changed it to "I live alone". Doesn't that make me sound like a crazy cat guy?

Need to have a think about how I word this. Although what I'm finding a lot is that many people - specifically ones local to me - don't go to the effort to write as much as I have, and don't give you anything to reference from!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 12
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/16/2016 7:05:32 PM

try telling HER who CRAIG is..

Isn't he the guy with the "list"?

OP, use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages.
 Forums_only
Msg: 13
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/16/2016 7:20:58 PM
You can word the home ownership in a way that is subtle and gets the point across.

"The best part about owning my own place is .... (nobody yells at me to stop singing/I can leave my dishes in the sink as long as I want and I won't nag myself/nobody eats the snacks when I'm not looking) The worst part is (try for humour)"
 Ouija2025
Msg: 14
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/17/2016 5:11:43 AM
^^^^ Yes! An anecdote is more engaging. A convo starter. Common interest, blah blah.
So many people just type in the same old same old. " I like camping, hiking, etc."
I'm rooting for you Criag
 prince_charmingx
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/17/2016 4:51:34 PM
Thanks guys, you've all been excellent.

I think I have my profile... sort of... better than it was.

I'll get pictures on, probably at the weekend. I'm on night shift at the moment so I'm even less photogenic!
 call_me_tater
Msg: 16
Reviews appreciated
Posted: 5/19/2016 7:28:50 AM
Hey Craig,

Still have some grammar and punctuation errors.

End the "sortie" joke with a punchline..."I finally learned it's the French word for exit, haha". If she doesn't know French, she wouldn't bother to google it (you didn't).

Go ahead and put up the car pic if it's a good one--just crop well.

Still haven't told us what you cook, or a memorable diy project.
Paint a picture.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Reviews appreciated