Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Why is it that some ladies on here block you while continuously veiwi      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brn2roll
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why is it that some ladies on here block you while continuously veiwing ones profile ?Page 1 of 1    
Hi there...
I was wondering if anybody else on here has experienced this ? Maybe it's just me but I find it annoying when a woman that you're attracted to decides to block you when you have only sent them one or two messages. Now I know what you're thinking - "move on" right, but here's the wild part I'll start to notice every so often the woman who had blocked me view my profile more than once. So my question is are they just shy / hesitant or is it something else ?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 2
Why is it that some ladies on here block you while continuously veiwing ones profile ?
Posted: 5/12/2016 6:04:00 PM
If in real time you were maced after saying hi would you continue?
No reply is a response, if you keep sending more messages yea you will get blocked.
Sorry you are annoyed however figure out that the no reply is " I am not interested"
No move on stop hounding them
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why is it that some ladies on here block you while continuously veiwing ones profile ?
Posted: 5/12/2016 6:22:56 PM
who knows and who cares? why are you wasting energy on women that block you? They could in fact be anybody, male, female or somewhere in between lol!!

You have been here for 10 years and that can raise red flags to some as does the evasive comment in the job section. Quite honestly your pictures do you no favours. You even look a little scary. I would change those and get some where you are smiling and looking a little more approachable. You didn't ask for a profile review so ignore the comments if you wish.
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/12/2016 6:55:58 PM

So my question is are they just shy / hesitant or is it something else ?

It's the "something else". Actually, it's a few something elses.

- your main photo gives the impression you're web-camming with some naked chick in your basement. Outdoor, well lit, smiling photos help to avoid the ogling voyeur impression you are giving now. Pass

- intent: wants to date but nothing serious. At almost 40, you still want to be a player? Pass.

- headline: friendship first then... what, benefits? Pass.

Good Lord, if anyone gets past that, they get a paragraph of abbreviations followed by a paragraph of how to turn you on. Ew... Pass.

With the number of vulgar messages women (of all ages) get on these sites, you can't possibly be surprised you'd be seen as yet another one with the setup you have now. It's also not really clear anywhere if that IS what you are looking for - FWBs, Fbuddies... so it if really is, you will simply have to wait for someone with the same "intent" and don't message anyone with a different intent.

If you are surprised by how you are perceived, this is your perfect opportunity to change that first (and usually last/only) impression opportunity.
 brn2roll
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 7:18:29 PM
Alright I gotcha. I appreciate the constructive criticism...
 LAEPF
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/14/2016 9:47:35 AM
I generally block them without even reading their profiles because either the picture is very unappealing (non-smiling, brooding) or the message is ridiculous...usually both. I will sometimes view their profile first before blocking them if I'm kind of interested. Say, they send something silly but not offensive and their picture is appealing. I made the mistake of not blocking a guy recently. At first he sent a corny message but his photo was nice so I looked at his profile which said 'separated' plus a whole lot of egotistical stuff. I deleted him but forgot to block him. Two weeks later he sent a condescending, mean message.

I don't know why someone would block you then go back and keep looking. Perhaps it's because you continue to send messages when they are not responding? Either way, do you want a profile review? If so, this is the place to do it.

Leslie:)
 Dragracer428
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/14/2016 11:45:32 AM
Does smiling and looking happy cost money? Looking at profile reviews would say to me yes it does. Like WTF
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/14/2016 11:56:48 AM
She's probably sharing and laughing at your profile with her girlfriends at the beauty salon.

Some women have digital posses and get off on that kind of sh!t

Get a script that views her profile every hour while you're out running errands.

It'll drive her up a wall.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/15/2016 7:39:47 AM
Which Viewed Me are you talking about? Given the high percentage here who seem clueless about how many of the site features work, I think it likely you are misreading those who viewed you multiple times.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Why is it that some ladies on here block you while continuously veiwing ones profile ?