Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Maple Match: Escape from Trump to Canada      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Maple Match: Escape from Trump to CanadaPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
New dating website offers to connect Americans looking to escape Trump with Canadians

“opportunities for like-minded Canadians and Americans to build meaningful relationships and escape the unfathomable horror of a Trump presidency,”

http://globalnews.ca/news/2687788/new-dating-website-offers-to-connect-americans-looking-to-escape-trump-with-canadians/

Seems a little extreme, but maybe it makes sense to get married to a Canadian before the walls are built and we can't get out?

Will Canadians be wiling to help out their neighbors?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 2
Maple Match: Escape from Trump to Canada
Posted: 5/17/2016 11:26:06 AM
Not really - mainly since you act like moving to Canada is thisclose to the 3 level of Hell.
Sorta like a child holding their breathe til they get their way.
" If Trump gets in I'm moving to hmm, well some place I speak the language" LOL.
Your dollar can get a lot of bang tho.
Just remember we sleep in ice houses and ride Moose.
 trinity818
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2016 11:33:49 AM

Not really - mainly since you act like moving to Canada is this close to the 3 level of Hell.

Speaking strictly as a Floridian, it's a little cold up there for my old bones. ( Hell would have to freeze over for me to make that comparison ! )
 00Spy
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/17/2016 11:34:55 AM
Good luck.. The answer is no -We've already begun building our wall to keep out the undesirables.
And we have all the ice and snow to build it... "huuuuge"!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2016 11:38:35 AM

Good luck.. The answer is no -We've already begun building our wall to keep out the undesirables.
And we have all the ice and snow to build it... "huuuuge"!]

Looks like we will have two walls, yours to keep us out, ours to keep us in. All the more reason to act now before the walls go up.
 kj521
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/17/2016 11:55:23 AM
Speaking as another Floridan....umm...no.

Y'all are fabulous but waaaay too dang cold up there for me!

Besides...I am hoping with Mr. Trump's proclivity for building walls.....he'll help us with our sea walls.

Beach erosion is a terrible thing. :)
 00Spy
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/17/2016 12:15:05 PM
dragon - What wall is that keeping you in... did Obama build more wall?

Kj, I would keep you warm. I would whack a few harp seals and burn the oil just for you.
I'm big like that.
I also have a cottage on the Worlds largest fresh water beach on the Georgian Bay.
Come on up the beach is sandy!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2016 12:24:06 PM
00Spy, that wall Trump is going to get built, he "says" it's to keep people out, but it will also keep us in.

You build one wall, you just got to build others.

Ya just can't be too safe.
 Maleman999
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/17/2016 1:47:31 PM
Shades of the Underground Railroad in the 19th century, when slaves were fleeing from the U.S. to Canada to be free. I wonder if U.S. Muslims will be the next wave of oppressed people to use the underground railroad into Canada to escape the new slave master Trump if/when he becomes the president.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/17/2016 2:02:55 PM
I have a friend in florida who's been there most of her life now. I get sent the pictures and the jokes, I get the florida people going, "hell no". haha.
I had checked out the sight before.
 00Spy
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/17/2016 2:23:04 PM
Keep people in...

Thats delusional but ok it's your belief.
btw- you know there is already seven hundred miles of wall/fence on that border completed by Obama right?
We could do a straight exchange, all Canadians for all Floridians and Texans.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2016 2:38:41 PM

Thats delusional but ok it's your belief

Don't you think it's delusional starting a real dating site catering to people who want to leave the USA for Canada?

Probably more paranoid than delusional. However, I recall during the Jimmy Carter presidency in 1980, I was thinking about leaving the USA, out of embarrassment. Because of this.

Operation Eagle Claw

Its failure, and the humiliating public debacle that ensued, damaged US prestige worldwide. Carter himself blamed his loss in the 1980 US presidential election mainly on his failure to win the release of U.S. hostages held captive in Iran.

The operation encountered many obstacles and was eventually aborted. Eight helicopters were sent to the first staging area, Desert One, but only five arrived in operational condition.[3] One encountered hydraulic problems, another got caught in a cloud of very fine sand, and the last one showed signs of a cracked rotor blade. During planning it was decided that the mission would be aborted if fewer than six helicopters remained, despite only four being absolutely necessary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw

We couldn't even the helicopters into the Iran much less resource anyone.
 00Spy
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/17/2016 2:44:41 PM
Perhaps that was just a marketing ploy.
Stranger businesses have been started.
What I was suggesting as delusional was the wall being built to keep people in.
But then again you were embarrassed by something Jimmy Carter did almost to the point of fleeing the US.
Cheers!
 kj521
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/17/2016 3:47:21 PM
Mr. Spy.....before I book my airplane ticket.....I am going to need your offer in writing and notorized, please.

There is no sending me back once you realize that my toes are eternally cold and I most probably will insist that those seals be my very own pets instead of using them for heating purposes. Might have to build a pond for them, too. But.....I will help you chop wood to use as an alternate heating fuel. Ok.....that's a lie. I will watch you chop wood while I entertain you with my incessant chattering about how cute the seals are! Lol!

Be careful if you wish for this box of chocolates! :D
 00Spy
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/17/2016 4:15:45 PM
kj, it's a deal not sure about the notary though. I wonder if Half could do that for me.
Love the cold toes -more fun when cuddling. Forget the seals and wood we will just draw oil straight from the Oil Sands. As for the chattering I will keep your mouth stuffed with Moose Jerky.
Before you come watch these for your Canadian primer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_yW4-cgG4g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNQwwlK3xg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ic3xNfEP_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gEZF_qts3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhrUJRQhak

And if that ain't enough of a deterrent and you still want to come bring a hose and axe... we are on fire up here!
 aj17225
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/17/2016 4:40:56 PM
You can have Florida, definitely has some nice points but I live in God's country so not any better then that.....Plus I can get away a few times a year and go to those warm areas in the winter.

Don't build the wall to Canada until those folks from the view threaten to move there if the GOP wins in November. Wait till they all get there and shut the door!!
 Stellan77
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/17/2016 5:26:47 PM
Why not? Plenty of Canadians actually have American ancestors. When I researched my family history I found out I actually share an ancestor from 10 generations ago with George Bush. My ancestors were loyalists who didn't support the American cause of independence. Canada has always been a haven for Americans who disagreed with what their government is doing - from the American war of independence to Vietnam and now Trump.
 kj521
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/17/2016 5:37:43 PM
I am just curious why these anti-Trumpsters aren't heading south.....to Mexico? :D
 Maleman999
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/17/2016 6:10:02 PM
This is a new twist in the mail order bride business (or mail order groom). At least a person wouldn't have to go half way around the world to meet someone. Maybe the older women who are willing to head north might meet up with an ex-pat who avoided the draft during the Vietnam war and decided to stay put.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2016 11:34:11 PM
"I am just curious why these anti-Trumpsters aren't heading south.....to Mexico? :D"

Kj
Good point and well put.

When we had our independence referendum we were told by project fear that we would need passports at the border with englandshire if we went indie.

Unfortunately their ploy worked. Even when it was pointed out that englandshire couldn't stop folk coming over the english chanel without passports so how the hell would they manage to stop us?

Florida seems a nice place although a bit poverty stricken as no one seems to be able to afford a pair of jeans with legs on them.

Canada would be a home from home for us scots. Anyway time to get a wiggle on as the sun it does shine and tis excellent weather for window painting.

Toodle pip one and all and have a barry day.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2016 3:52:07 AM

I am just curious why these anti-Trumpsters aren't heading south.....to Mexico? :D

The less well off one's are heading to Mexico, but who wants to market to the cheap segment of the population?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/18/2016 5:26:12 AM
Trinity and KJ - it is very hot here.. so you 2 can come here :) Lake, mountains, oodles of wineries.. rich people who are seldom in their mansions.
Spy - you have oil? Lucky bugger.
I lived in the US of A.. things about the same except we have better looking money and have to kill people here with a knife.
Off to forage for poutine.
I would worry more if Trump's supporters wanna move here when he loses.
 matyko
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/18/2016 5:51:49 AM

The smart people that are anti Trump don't want to go to Mexico for the same reason Mexicans head north, they want a better life for themselves and their family. The want a job, a roof over their head and food for their kids. But...just maybe some of those anti Trump people could move down to Mexico and do all those jobs that Mexicans can't be bothered doing and do those jobs for cheap pay...oh wait, that won't happen because of the Trumpsters won't do that kind of work I the US, why would they do it for a few pesos and a pat on the head.?

And yes ^^^^ I'd worry more if the trump supporters moved north. Shudder.
 Maleman999
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/18/2016 6:09:05 AM

Can you imagine the traffic jams there would be on the roads and border crossings with pick-up trucks lined up for miles?
 matyko
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/18/2016 6:33:26 AM

Can you imagine the traffic jams there would be on the roads and border crossings with pick-up trucks lined up for miles?

Kind of like a casting call for Deliverance II. We might just want to funnel them directly to Alaska and let Palin and her clan set up a few more trailers and a couple outhouses.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Maple Match: Escape from Trump to Canada