Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much do you weigh?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Izanyonehome
Msg: 1
How much do you weigh?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The question in the box is outrageously offensive. At least to some. Of all the nerve!

But, it's pretty obvious that what constitutes Athletic here, or a few Extra, Thin or any other choice is highly subjective at best.

With that in mind, would it be OK to ask folks how close to a weight you would desire to be ARE you? 5%? 10%? 20%? If you were closer to where you would like to be, do you think it would improve your DATING chances here? I have this feeling that at least some small percentage would like to be heavier.

Is preference for weight or body type any more or less shallow than all the other things people get shot down over?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 2
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/18/2016 2:05:18 PM
Hi OP,
if you don't have your own picture up, you have no business asking anybody anything. You're athletic? Let me see the six pack up close.
 matyko
Msg: 3
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/18/2016 2:12:21 PM
No, I wouldn't fill in a How Much Do You Weigh box on here....at least not correctly. I don't tell the truth on my age either. Or my income or my family info for some putz pretend-a- algorithm PHD , B.S. And anothe PHD. When you support me, if are my doctor or my tax accountant or the CRA (IRS)....then I'll tell the truth. On the internet, nope...not a chance. That's right up there with "how many people have you had sex with?" None of your business.

Did you know, some people are happy at 6' and 125 pounds and others are happy at 5'5" and 400 pounds?

Find what suits you and what fits you and your life.
 kj521
Msg: 4
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/18/2016 2:25:34 PM
Well...that number would probably be important to the assessment of the....day of the week/attractiveness rater....daters.

Updated daily, of course, since weight fluctuates. :)

For me personally....I don't need to know anyone's exact weight. I am not planning on doing any medical procedures on them or whatnot. :D
 NYNewtoPSL
Msg: 5
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/18/2016 3:20:14 PM
For the record-172

With that in mind, would it be OK to ask folks how close to a weight you would desire to be ARE you? 5%? 10%? 20%? If you were closer to where you would like to be, do you think it would improve your DATING chances here?

I'm convinced nothing improves chances here... I've been on this for a while 0% success.

Been out one night, last Friday night I went to 4 bars had actual conversations with women. I got 3 phone numbers that night been talking to these chicks and eliminated 2 of the 3 chicks because they are into dope. Never heard of Molly's I figured it was the cheap version of Baileys Irish cream til the "LOL no! Molly, they might call it something else back in NY but you know it's like X"

The other is having a rough time with her man and isn't sure whether she wants to continue with him or not (thinks she can string me along, or keep me to fill a void he created; no way)

Point is I have better luck in real life. Once the premium membership expires I'm deleting it.
Here you can be as open and honest as you want, send sincere messages get maybe one or two profile views a week.
Someone clicks meet me on my page and they viewed my page. I shoot them a quick message. Nothing.
 gtomustang
Msg: 6
my sex wife is wousy, i never get weighed
Posted: 5/18/2016 6:29:08 PM
the only number i'm interested in is bra size.

:)

I figure a body shot photo tells all the tale there is to tell. some wear their weight really well, some dress well enough to not notice...and the rest are posing sitting at a desk for a reason.
 NYNewtoPSL
Msg: 7
my sex wife is wousy, i never get weighed
Posted: 5/18/2016 6:52:48 PM

Bigger the bra bigger the chest. Bigger the chest bigger their heart. I can follow that logic :p
 2ufo
Msg: 8
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/18/2016 7:37:54 PM
If I bothered checking such a box, I'd be truthful.
For the record - I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks or so but the last time was 254.
If I was thinner would my chances be better? My choices might be wider, but I think my chances would be about the same.
As for a preference for a particular weight/body type - it's no more or less shallow than all the other criteria on people's lists.
As a fat woman, I don't find it offensive if people decide not to date me.
Unless they're rude... then I just thank my lucky stars.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 9
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/18/2016 8:22:57 PM
I don't think there's a point to the idea, it wouldn't help at all.
If there was one though I wouldn't have a problem entering it. Although I always round down to the nearest --5 or --0 and only round up for doctors :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 10
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/18/2016 10:27:43 PM

But, it's pretty obvious that what constitutes Athletic here, or a few Extra, Thin or any other choice is highly subjective at best.

It could be better. But the reason why it's NOT is because...

Is preference for weight or body type any more or less shallow than all the other things people get shot down over?

.... it'd be seen as shallow. They want "leeway" on it, otherwise it'll turn people off. Much the same as you rate someone on a scale of 1-10 in looks, as opposed to using words, where in the middle, it can be vague. It gives people leeway to say "Yeah, I'm cute" -- which is a word that can take on many different meanings.

Problem in this body-type is "A Few Extra" -- you're going to see people with a heck of a lot more than a few (2-5) extra pounds. Above what? Average. Average as average body in your area, or average as in in-between Thin & A Few Extra Pounds, where a few extra would mean a few extra more than the healthy norm?

Them doing that isn't shallow -- it's trying to be the Opposite of that, by being unclear in-between Thin & BBW. :)
 Cdan1957
Msg: 11
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/19/2016 7:03:02 AM
I always thought the weight question was a joke. The categories are subjective and people will rarely view the mirror with a critical eye. In my opinion the only purpose in looking at how people answer was to get an idea on how that person views themselves. If an obviously obese woman says she is "a few pounds extra" there are more issues than just her weight. As far as deciding whether or not I would meet a person, I am not attracted to severely overweight women. It is not judgmental it is just my preference. To avoid an extremely uncomfortable first meet I would need to see several pictures and at least one full body shot. Is that shallow....probably but how many people you meet that you are not attracted to last past the first meet.
 Scaretale
Msg: 12
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/19/2016 9:29:17 AM

I don't have a problem with the weight categories. In fact, I think the "thin, average, athletic, a few extra" buckets are pretty good.

Everyone is going to find out eventually what you look like, and your body type...just give it your best estimate.
 Like2dance
Msg: 13
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/19/2016 1:44:31 PM
I weigh 208 to 211. It varies. What is the big deal? I can usually guess a person's weight, male or female, within a few pounds. It is all right there for the world to see, not like a bank account balance. Duh!!!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 14
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/19/2016 1:52:05 PM

I don't have a problem with the weight categories.

I think the problem with weight is that some people weigh more than others but are not in bad Shape. Plus, many people aren't so good at the height+weight combo thingy.

I always liked the proposed outline drawing of body type to select from. I think that'd be best (associated with a title).
 NYNewtoPSL
Msg: 15
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/19/2016 2:49:35 PM

I don't have a problem with the weight categories.

I think the problem with weight is that some people weigh more than others but are not in bad Shape. Plus, many people aren't so good at the height+weight combo thingy.

I always liked the proposed outline drawing of body type to select from. I think that'd be best (associated with a title).

(Prepares to catch hell)
That would be abused, like the term curvy. I hear curvy, I think hourglass figure, not obese... Prime examples, Raquel Welch, Kelly Brook, Vida Guerra, Sofia Vergara etc...
I have a problem with those that say curvy when they're like roundish... No, stop, go back change that to a little extra or BBW depending on how big... Like for me idk what category for body shape I'd fit in, I have broad shoulders and a barrel chest wear 32 waist, I think the last time I was measured for a tailored suit I was 42 or 44 around the chest and back 16 and 3/4s around the neck, forgot what shoulders were, but I know I have to get large or extra large shirts otherwise my chest basically consumes most of the shirt. I've always had pretty impressive upper body strength. I'm a mutant I've always been told to be a boxer or MMA fighter due to the length of my arms and by how far I could throw cement cinder blocks, and the 100lb capacity propane cylinders (empty they weighed 70-90 accidentally heaved one through the back window of a truck I thought it was full) Dress shirts have to be custom made, I buy a generic sizes I run into the sleeves are too short, too tight in the neck, super tight in the chest then baggy around my gut to waist... Only luck I have with sized clothes are form fitting Calvin Klein, UnderArmour, and muscle fit Ralph Lauren polos...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 16
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/19/2016 3:40:52 PM
I was a 34 waist in high school. I'm now a 34 waist, and my favorite work belt gave out a month ago. I had it since high school. My weight until age 25 was 145. My weight jumped 40 pounds that spring because I unloaded 9,000 concrete blocks, two at a time, for two weeks.

Now my weight fluxuates about 4-6 pounds, from 193 to 198, depending on what I'm currently doing. Do I need to lie about my weight? No I don't. My exercise program is called work. Wanna walk 5-10 miles? No problem. Ride a bike? Sure, this old paper boy still can do that, lemme air up my bike tires.

Yeah, I can still outwork the guys that are 10-15 years younger than me. Most of them have gotten fat anyway.
 south_city
Msg: 17
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/20/2016 6:52:48 AM
I think many people either wouldn't answer the question or wouldn't be honest about it. But even if people did tell the truth, 2 people can have the same weight and height. But have different body types. One person can be muscular / athletic and the other person is borderline obese.
 cooldog65
Msg: 18
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/20/2016 7:17:33 AM
I currently weigh about 195 pounds at 5'7". I have a 46" chest and 34" waist. Arms are around 17". Not bad for my age (51), but I have room to tighten things up and improve.
 Maleman999
Msg: 19
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/20/2016 7:24:52 AM
I can't remember the last time I actually stepped on a scale to weigh myself, so I don't know my current weight. I'm not obese, so as long as I'm happy with my current body size, my specific weight doesn't really concern me-and it shouldn't concern anyone else either.

I don't get the BB or BBW designation that I sometimes see, to describe someone who is heavy set. To me, big boned means someone who is 8 feet tall with 4 foot long arms and legs because of their large bones. Also, bones don't get fat.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 20
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/20/2016 9:13:10 AM
5'2", 115

Although I always round down to the nearest --5 or --0 and only round up for doctors :)

;)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 21
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/20/2016 12:01:38 PM
People don't always know how much you weigh even in real life. I had a couple friends brought up weight in a discussion and they ALL guessed low for me - like, to the tune of 30 pounds. I have a friend who is roughly the same height and size, and people would assume we weighed the same when standing next to each other, and I have about 27 pounds on him. I started asking strangers and my new co-workers in various conversations, and they ALL guessed light. So either the outside world is afraid to be honest, or I carry myself well.
 matyko
Msg: 22
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/20/2016 12:42:29 PM
^^^^ is it important? Did you try the same thing with age? I'm sure people guessing would be right +/- 5 years. By your photos you look average. If a person has current head shots and a full body shot., that is all that is required. Like I said, on the internet you don't get my correct age, birthdate, weight, income, name....nada, zip, nope, not doing it. And, I would only post a photo specific to POF that shows nowhere else on the net.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 23
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/20/2016 1:07:36 PM
A few years ago, there was an ad in magazines for a female personal care product. (Dove ? beauty bar/soap)
(The product it self is irrelevant. )
The ad showed a group of approx 8-12 women in differing, shapes and sizes. ALL of them weighed the same. One woman at 140 lbs and another at the same weight, may or may not.........................look alike.
So weight? Only my Dr knows for sure, LOL and she has been sworn to secrecy!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 24
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/20/2016 9:19:30 PM
Another thread, on THIS subject, as if we didn't debate this to death on the other thread??!
I tell you what, I'll disclose my weight when men disclose how big their 'icks are.
The thing is, I can change my weight, but if you have a little ;ick. well........penile implants are always an option. :D
 Blackwood85
Msg: 25
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 5/20/2016 10:55:35 PM
Weight itself doesn't mean shit.

I'm 5'9" 230 lbs. By BMI standards I'm overweight or maybe even obese, by Coast Guard standards I make the taping since my neck is a size 18 and my waist is a 36. Making my body fat 18% which is under the 24% threshold. I'm muscular and have a more athletic build and my weight carries differently than others. I've had to tape people and then be surprised that they fail the taping because their 5 pounds overweight even though they're the same height or even an inch or two taller but all of their fat goes straight to their stomach, their necks are smaller and they don't have as much muscle as I do. So just listing their weight doesn't mean shit. I can stand to lose more weight, I'm tryimg to get my six pack that I had in bootcamp back but my weight doesn't tell a story.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much do you weigh?