Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How to Generate interest with a woman on POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 skitrailmore
Msg: 1
How to Generate interest with a woman on POFPage 1 of 1    
This is really hard. I need some step by step instructions.
How to generate interest.

More less.

1.What is best way to start a first email on pof.

2. once getting a response, what type of messages or questions should i ask to keep things going.

3. what type of questions are good to ask?

4. what type of information should i volunteer to give?

5. what criteria is best to write about that a woman would want, this is for dating of course.

6. What types of things are good to share with out her asking first?

7. what types of criteria in general in a guy's life do girls not want . what are things that are turn off's guaranteed..

Litterally i need help on this, been on pof for years and not much happening, so all the better advice the better. thanks
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 2
How to Generate interest with a woman on POF
Posted: 5/27/2016 7:58:58 PM

1) Be 6 feet tall.
2) Look like a male model.
3) Own and drive a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.

Anything else is just a major crapshoot.

Humor used to work, but it's been a while.

1.What is best way to start a first email on pof.

"What's a nice guy like me doing in a place like this?"

4. what type of information should i volunteer to give?

Name, rank, and serial number.

what are things that are turn off's guaranteed..

Very little is a "guaranteed" turnoff.

Even Ted Bundy's girlfriend married him DURING his murder trial.

In the same courthouse even.
 gcdeb
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2016 4:48:18 AM
quote] 1) Be 6 feet tall.
2) Look like a male model.
3) Own and drive a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari. None of these attributes have interested me, even in my younger days. I'm sorry you seem to only meet "gold diggers" fullmoonguy, but not all women are like that.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/28/2016 6:56:33 AM
This may seem like a non sequitur but the way to FIRST generate interest on any online dating site is with a good main photo, followed by a good profile.

If you write to a woman the first thing she'll do is look at your picture to decide whether to open the message.

If she opens it and doesn't delete immediately, she'll look at your profile.

Without a photo that she likes and a profile she likes, there isn't much hope. Yours need help. Go to the profile review section, ask for a review, and DO WHAT THEY SUGGEST.

That isn't to say you need to be a model or rich. Are you ONLY attracted to rich gorgeous models? If you are not, then why think women are only attracted to rich gorgeous playboys? PEOPLE are attracted to whatever is attractive to them, as an individual. Go get your profile in order first, then you'll get better answers to your questions in this thread.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/28/2016 7:17:34 AM
^^^^^^^ He had a profile review, guess he decided what he had was working for him, well until this post.

If you use canned ways of approaching and having email conversation with someone then they expect a certain person to show at a meet. If that person is completely different than it is bye-bye.

Honesty, your own words and actions are still the best way to go. I make no apologies for myself, am always me, have limited appeal to many women but still managed to meet and date some great women. Am now working on a relationship with an amazing woman who was willing to take a chance.
It happens to ordinary people every day all over the world, be yourself and find someone who likes that person.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/28/2016 7:28:12 AM
^^ ok. I don't troll the profile reviews anymore and I checked his history before posting that. Must have changed usernames.

And, well, his profile is so bad I couldn't believe he'd tried a review already. So my advice still stands - DO WHAT THEY SUGGEST.

If you use canned ways of approaching and having email conversation with someone then they expect a certain person to show at a meet. If that person is completely different than it is bye-bye.

Honesty, your own words and actions are still the best way to go. I make no apologies for myself, am always me, have limited appeal to many women but still managed to meet and date some great women. ....
It happens to ordinary people every day all over the world, be yourself and find someone who likes that person.

+1
 skitrailmore
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/28/2016 1:28:33 PM
i never knew my profile was really bad.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2016 10:46:52 PM
You are kidding with that picture?? Right??? I sense a troll.
 Akitahun
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2016 4:29:48 PM
That's really a stupid picture. Being 5'7" is going really going to hinder your chances of meeting someone. Just telling it like it is! Even short women want tall guys.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/30/2016 5:11:00 PM
Watch your generalizations: Not all short women want tall men.
 daynadaze
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2016 9:23:56 PM
I've always preferred men who are more my height, so no, not all women like tall men. I don't hold a man's height against him, it's not some rule that he must be this height, not that height, but generally I find I'm attracted to men more my height. Saying even short women want tall men is just a way to bash people, in this case shorter men, it has no basis in reality.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2016 11:34:51 PM
The truth is you either got it or you don't. There is no magical answer to any of your questions that will generate interest. In fact if you try that hard it will be more off putting than if you just make a casual approach and wait for a response. Just be real and be yourself. If it is going to happen it will. You don't need help you need to take a chill pill.
 south_city
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/31/2016 6:46:15 AM
Better pictures and profile. After that, it's subjective. The types of questions and criteria that may be a turn on to 1 woman could be a turn off to the next woman.

Watch your generalizations: Not all short women want tall men.

Not all. But online, I think the majority of women want a taller man. OLD sites like Match have a section where a person can list the preferred height range of their date. Most women's profiles I saw had a minimum height that was taller than her. Sometimes it was several inches taller than her. Offline, I think women in general are more likely to overlook height.
 Stellan77
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/31/2016 11:47:50 AM

Being 5'7" is going really going to hinder your chances of meeting someone. Just telling it like it is! Even short women want tall guys.

It's not being helpful to point out something like height that men can't change. Why not give him advice on things he can do to generate interest in women instead of a negative statement that like? 5'7 is still 3 inches taller than the average woman. In real life I see a lot of men who are around 5'7 that are married or in relationships.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 15
How to post a pic on POF that shows your face close up
Posted: 5/31/2016 12:19:04 PM
With a profile pic like yours it's pretty clear you have no interest in even getting a date
 Chromis1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2016 12:30:33 PM

Literally i need help on this, been on pof for years and not much happening, so all the better advice the better. thanks

All your previous questions are irrelevant. Listen to the advice given above.

Pictures, profile.
Pictures, profile.
Pictures, profile.

Forget everything else.

Pictures, profile.

Being 5'7" is going really going to hinder your chances of meeting someone. Just telling it like it is! Even short women want tall guys.

A gross over-generalization. I'm a whopping 1" taller and height has rarely been an issue for me.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/31/2016 3:49:19 PM

I'm sorry you seem to only meet "gold diggers" fullmoonguy, but not all women are like that.

I don't only meet "golddiggers."
I just know that there are plenty of them out there.
And it's not just "golddiggers" who can be a problem anyway.

Unless you consider superficial women, "high-maintenance" women (financially), and "keeping up with the Joneses" types as being additional variations of "golddiggers".
 ndm147
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/31/2016 4:18:26 PM
You came on here before for a profile review. I do remember because my daughter lives in Australia also. The picture you have up of a group of guys in which no one can tell who you are in the group is silly. Unless you are willing to send private photos via email women aren't going to be interested and respond. They have better things to do with their time.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/31/2016 5:10:25 PM
^^^^^ Yeah, like what is a woman gonna think ?

" OOOOOOH, I love the shape of his helmet ! "
 scorpioinOregon
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/1/2016 11:18:17 PM
You definitely need to get a profile picture of yourself. Why you posted that picture is a mystery to me.

You also need to get rid of that section in your profile about which vehicle would she want. It's pointless when a girl is looking at your profile.

When you send a fist message, comment about something in her profile that you like.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How to Generate interest with a woman on POF