Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Trump Mocks the Disabled / How can you vote for this guy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 memtoo
Msg: 1
Trump Mocks the Disabled / How can you vote for this guy?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The trump thread is becoming to unwieldy due to its size, so I am posting this here because it is too good to miss, How can anybody, after watching this one minute ad, actually support Trump. How?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QUYQUd0Qh8
 HawkingJr
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Trump Mocks the Disabled / How can you vote for this guy?
Posted: 6/8/2016 1:23:48 PM
You are way underselling the offensive things Trump has done, both over the past year and throughout his pre-political career, though that was one of the most despicable. But we are now in a society where public common decency is no longer a requirement for president, and maybe that’s at least partially the fault of Hillary’s husband: if he can have cigar sex in the Oval Office and still be popular, then why not a candidate who mocks the disabled, POWs, minorities and women? Trump’s a liar, a bully and politically-incorrect and so are many of his supporters, so they don’t see anything wrong with his behavior -- just as long as he tells them what they want to hear about the border, immigrants and jobs, nothing else matters. Media is filled with anti-heroes that we love to hate, including Trump himself on his own show, so this election has pretty much become just another reality TV show where a lot of more boring candidates got “voted off the island.” “Idiocracy” has already arrived, but 500 years earlier than Mike Judge predicted.

All that said, Trump is unlikable (and frightening) to a large enough percentage of the population that he would be getting steamrolled if he had a stronger but nicer main opponent with a populist message like his.
 UtterAmazement
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/8/2016 1:24:06 PM
Meh...Obama does a pretty good job it though....

https://youtu.be/vAkzQoxcaYA
 cotter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2016 1:41:11 PM

Meh...Obama does a pretty good job it though....

I did not know "Obama" was running for office ... needed anyone's vote. Where will we be finding his name on the ballot?

OT ...
Meh ... if I knew someone running for office was mocking the disabled I would not vote for them.
 UtterAmazement
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/8/2016 1:51:42 PM

Meh ... if I knew someone running for office was mocking the disabled I would not vote for them.

Hmm....you voted for Trump in the Ohio primary....I can look it up and quote it if you'd like.

Thought I'd go ahead and look that up for you....page 86 in this thread. Really liked the last sentence in post 2142. I'll close with that.

Time to grab some popcorn and a nice tall drink and just sit back and watch it all implode.

memtoo
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/8/2016 2:04:54 PM
In terms of mocking behavior, Obama's was a one and was simply his not thinking. Trump's was a ten and shows who and what he is.
 cotter
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2016 4:10:42 PM
Message 5 ...
... page 86 in this thread.
Well ... not this thread ... we're still on "page 1".

Yes ... I voted for Trump in a primary. Now, let's see what the whole gist of the post was ...
It will get Kasich out of the presidential race, will put Trump in a position that will totally throw off the dippers ... this is wonderful. Time to grab some popcorn and a nice tall drink and just sit back and watch it all implode.

See ... it all came to be. Kasich is out of the race and the dippers are losing their minds over Trump. Looks like I saw something coming after all ... eh?

I think the entire forum knows by now that I did it for fun fully knowing that Trump will never be president.

"Crook" ... seriously? I had no idea a guy who brags about being so smart would be so ignorant about my fun.

I think it's safe to assume that I would never vote for Trump in a national election. Now do I need to sign that in blood so you will take it seriously?

BBEisBack
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2016 4:37:14 PM

I think the entire forum knows by now that I did it for fun fully knowing that Trump will never be president.

If Trump wins the General, I'm gonna sit here & laugh at people like you....
Those who switched Parties to Vote for Him.....

I will Point out that Y'all helped Elect Him......

If we had a Choice of "None of the Above" & the People on the Ballot couldn't run in the replacement Ballot....
I bet more people would vote for neither of them.... Hold another Election in 60 days with different Candidates....
 cotter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2016 5:14:38 PM

Those who switched Parties to Vote for Him.....

I did not "switch" parties to vote for him ... I've been a registered republican since the last primary. We only have to "declare" a party for primaries ... not general elections ... so I do not "change" parties in between.

I will Point out that Y'all helped Elect Him......

While I can tell that your groin is speaking now ('cause that's something your little head would promote) ... I think it's fair to point out that one little ole vote does not elect a national candidate.

Also ... Kasich won the Ohio primary. That does not indicate that Trump will take Ohio in the national. JMO.

Now go make like a turtle and tuck your "little head" back in ... and focus on getting Trump elected so you can come in here and laugh at others.

Bwa ah ah ah ah ...
 villabolos
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/8/2016 7:13:05 PM
The way Cotter and the other one on here rationalize their behavior and Obama's behavior is pathetic.
Once again, anything any liberal does Is okay. They can say and do anything and the goofballs will find a way to convince themselves it was the right thing.

Perhaps AJ decided he didn't want to vote for anymore Democrats is because he didn't want to be associated with the ilks of mehneh, irish, cotter...etc etc

Cotter is nothing more than an old, jew-hating , man-hating, washed up feminist. In otherwords, she's a good liberal.
 deetristate
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/8/2016 8:50:40 PM
Here is one Millennial's answer:

http://opinion.injo.com/2016/02/252581-im-a-millennial-and-im-voting-for-donald-trump-heres-why/

"""I am not your “typical” Donald Trump voter. I am not a blue-collar worker. I didn’t grow up in the Midwest or South. I don’t own a truck and I certainly don’t fly the Confederate flag.

On the contrary, I am a millennial. I study political philosophy. I worked for the Heritage Foundation.

I have “future-Republican-Hill-staffer” written all over my resume.

It doesn’t matter. The reason I’m voting for Donald Trump was perfectly captured in a simple exchange in a Republican debate earlier this month.

Host Maria Bartiromo asked Trump about Nikki Haley’s not so subtle jab in her response to Obama’s State of the Union in which she urged Republicans to “resist the siren call of the angriest voices.”

Trump’s response didn’t skip a beat. He embraced Haley’s description with gusto: “…I could say, oh, I’m not angry. I’m very angry because our country is being run horribly and I will gladly accept the mantle of anger.”

Trump is disgusted, rightly, at the state of the country. So am I. More than any other candidate, I believe he demonstrates the strength of will to give the conservative base what it desperately needs: victories.

Trump is right: conservatives just don’t win anymore.

I yearn for the Founders’ vision of America characterized by limited government, low taxes, strong families, and free association. I want to live in a society where morality, decency and civilization prevail and the natural rights and property of all men are secure from murderous zealotry and criminal violence.

That America is disappearing. Same-sex marriage, a sky rocketing illegitimacy rate, unsecure borders, a Supreme Court with nearly unlimited law making power, a weak Congress, a powerful and unaccountable civil service, increasing regulations on gun rights, riots in inner cities, a spiking murder rate—each of these issues in our current day represents a break down of the peace and order necessary to human happiness.

I do not expect Donald Trump to solve all of these issues or even a majority of them. Still, conservatives need to start somewhere. Trump says he will secure our southern border and enforce our immigration law. This is a terrific starting point to combating the lawlessness of our time.

Other candidates say the right things, but they lack Trump’s gusto and ferocity. They do not wear the “mantle of anger” well. Donald Trump has shown a consistent ability to ignore the dominance of liberal opinion. He has moved American politics out of the narrow territory dictated by the Left. No other candidate has been able to do so as effectively.

For instance, take Trump’s comments about temporarily restricting foreign Muslim travel to the United States. What Trump said was neither unconstitutional nor unreasonable on its face. America has a right to dictate who can or cannot travel or emigrate here.

If America has a problem with a particular group of foreigners committing violence, why is it automatically off limits to consider whether we ought to limit those foreigners from coming here, even temporarily? For the rest of the conservative field the automatic response to Muslim terrorism in America is war on the other side of the planet. That is not a healthy way of thinking.

Trump is by no means my beau ideal of a statesman. Nor do I think he is even a conservative. It doesn’t matter. I’ve lost faith in the current conservative establishment to deliver on its promises. Their highest goals are to chip away at the deficit and wiggle around touchy issues by appointing the “right judges” to the Supreme Court.

That reeks of weakness, of kicking the can down the road. I’m tired of the Republican congress throwing up its hands in defeat to the Left at every turn, claiming it can do nothing. It’s not true. The conservative establishment doesn’t have to bow to the Senate filibuster. It could recover the power of the purse but it doesn’t have the will.

Nikki Haley’s call to resist the “angriest” voices encapsulates perfectly the attitude of the political elite. They are content to furrow their brows at the Left while it plots to wipe them out. That is the path to being a permanent member of the loyal opposition, not victory.

History could well prove me wrong. Donald Trump could be a terrible president. But, for the first time in a long while, the Republican Party has a candidate who is too strong willed, too egotistical to bow down or be drowned out in presence of the Left. That’s why, for now, The Donald has my vote. . . . .. . ."""""

Just thought that all the people who ask repeatedly "why would anyone" or say that they don't understand would go to the page and read it.

_mungojoe_
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/8/2016 9:34:18 PM

Here is one Millennial's answer:

The editorial STARTS with a lie...

"I am not your “typical” Donald Trump voter.

He's an angry bigot... goes out of his way to point that out... in great detail...

How is he NOT a "typical Donald Trump supporter"...?

Just thought that all the people who ask repeatedly "why would anyone" or say that they don't understand would go to the page and read it.

I wouldn't think anyone one need to now... You've done a good job of summarizing the answer...

Clearly dee... from your post... the answer to the question is "as a result of being an angry bigot"...
 aj17225
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/8/2016 11:07:35 PM
"While I can tell that your groin is speaking now ('cause that's something your little head would promote)"

^^^^ You can always tell when some people get irritated when this type of posting is done. They get irate when someone has a differing opinion on things. Then the personal attacks come barging in.

Wonder why any poster would try to defend the Special Olympics comment regardless of that person running again? We are now "rating" what demeaning disgusting comment is worse then another? Yikes!!
 chinook1111
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/9/2016 4:49:07 AM
Is that really all that Joe had to say in response to Dee's post?

Hillary mocks the places with no money.

How could anybody vote for a person like that?

Oh wait a second,now I get it.Joe didn't like the comment about same sex marriage

The 5% feeling they are the single most important issue once again.

Don't worry Joe.Caitlin wants to be a boy again.It was just a phase.
 gtomustang
Msg: 15
b/c he really sounds like the guy they want to have a beer with
Posted: 6/9/2016 5:20:10 AM
Ah yes, the Heritage Foundation:

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Heritage_Foundation

They promote limited government, yet actually WANT it in in their lives, by claiming not for profit tax status. If they know what works for business, why not go into business? why want the protection of government and all those regulations in order to keep it? its not a surprise a HF fan wants Chump, they've been pushing for that strongman Jesus figure since they went into hiding during the first Clinton era.

Conservatives don't win anymore? they own the Legislative Branch, I guess they won that. so who's to blame for not getting anything done? Ironically, its why future political scientists might give Obama credit, for getting things bills passed in an institution where Mitchie promises to block everything the President proposes. the writer wants free association, but wants to kill same sex marriage, which also has popular support. He wants low taxes yet a strong America--uh, that costs money. no wonder HF hero Reagan raised taxes (cigarette taxes, gas, got rid of exemptions, etc), what, 11 times and Bush broke his read my lips promise? the property of ALL men should be protected? You mean like the victims of the KKK zealtry and criminal violence? should property rights be protected by EPA rules against devaluation thru pollution? The Supreme Court has law-making ability? you mean Citizens United? Bush V Gore? obviously you don't want Scalia replaced with a like-minded individual, gosh, Roe V Wade might get overturned, and that would be labeled some version of legislating from the bench, somehow.

kicking the can down the road, hmm, who did he steal that from. the power of the purse? you mean the one they pay for VA benefits with? the one they can't pay for all the wars with? there's more, but the point is, its so funny that the fault lies everywhere else but with them. that's the usual problem with angry men, they don't point that finger at themselves. Its never that the policy was wrong, its that they weren't allowed to go far enough even when they were in charge. its never the hypocracy that hollows out the policy. still, as a lifetime lib, its fun to watch Cronus the GOP swallow the monster baby of their own making. the self-hating GOP, oh how far its fallen.
 kj521
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/9/2016 5:37:11 AM
" its so funny that the fault lies everywhere else but with them. that's the usual problem with angry men, they don't point that finger at themselves. Its never that the policy was wrong, its that they weren't allowed to go far enough even when they were in charge. its never the hypocracy that hollows out the policy. still, as a lifetime lib, its fun to watch Cronus the GOP swallow the monster baby of their own making. the self-hating GOP, oh how far its fallen."

So very true, Mr. Gto. And I hope that bit of ranting released some anger and you have a beautiful day. :D
 Bluematrix005
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/9/2016 6:09:11 AM

I yearn for the Founders’ vision of America characterized by limited government, low taxes, strong families, and free association. I want to live in a society where morality, decency and civilization prevail and the natural rights and property of all men are secure from murderous zealotry and criminal violence.

That America is disappearing. Same-sex marriage, a sky rocketing illegitimacy rate, unsecure borders, a Supreme Court with nearly unlimited law making power, a weak Congress, a powerful and unaccountable civil service, increasing regulations on gun rights, riots in inner cities, a spiking murder rate—each of these issues in our current day represents a break down of the peace and order necessary to human happiness.

The Founders vision, if they were here today, things may well be changed a bit too after they looked around and said "WTF have some of you been doing, both parties". Lots of, people want shyt so it has to get paid for, including a huge army and men on the moon, Hubble, welfare, Medicaid , etc. And I think for the most part the moral church going crowds overrun the heathens, even if they don't get down on blended knee or kiss a serpent or whatever the holy rollers do. Still more God folks than not.

America is disappearing? Where? Is it the addition of colours, cultures and new ideas that bother some? Same-sex marriage changes(d) the country how? I belief that sky-rocketing illitamacy rate has been been lowering over the years and maybe if the tea bagged , born again, Jesus freak part of the Rep. party would leave Planned Parenthood alone as well as the abortion clinics...this may change too. Seems the republicans want to be in the vaginas of America and exert a little control, nice. Insecure boarder, I get that. Tell the people to quit hiring them, the republican farmers. Republican business men and the odd liberal who also needs a nanny. Accountable civic service, yea. Gun rights should have a few regulations, don't get rid of it but at least make a few changes. I'm 60 and never have needed a gun but that's okay for the hunters collectors, target shooters, KKK type, white supremacists skinheads and paranoid freaks will still get guns, as will criminals. Riots have been happening for a long time, one I particularly disliked was Kent State and the one one California, King was the name, I think. Maybe some of these black kids that are rioting wouldn't do so if some of the Republican businessmen quit hiring Mexicans and gave some black youth a chance. I don't think the murder rate is spiking , status quo. Nothing wrong with the Supreme Court, we all need to keep balance, respect the law and change when necessary. We, as a people, change with knowledge, experience, technology and the world changes...why wouldn't the Court adapt and change to accommodate. The Court should be making laws, who else will...those Fvckers you elected? Half of they are liars, cheaters, whores and just plane immoral or at least, questionable.

Dee found one person's opinion. And an opinion I'm sure she agrees with, especially the part about same -sex marriage. I'm sure there are million like this for both sides.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2016 6:24:47 AM

They promote limited government, yet actually WANT it in in their lives, by claiming not for profit tax status.

True, everyone one promotes limited government, limit the Gov to what it can do for them and their causes and not for other people.
 memtoo
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/9/2016 7:16:23 AM
"So very true, Mr. Gto. And I hope that bit of ranting released some anger and you have a beautiful day. :D"

I didn't see, read or hear ranting. I saw a knowledgeable guy showing the hypocrisy of those on the far right. Why would you conclude there was anger?

And by the way, the rant of this millenial was full of false facts. For example, crime rates have gone down. Gun ownership only relatively recently received Constitutional protection. Before the Roberts court, no court interpreted the second amendment to apply to individuals, only militias....that means more gun rights, not less...but why let actual facts get in the way.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2016 8:03:06 AM
Most parents tell their children not to mock people, use bad words, lie and talk about their genitals in a nationally televised debate, yet many of those same parents are planning to vote for a man who does all of that. Quite a few Republican leaders have said they struggle with that issue every day, the role model aspect of the president, and a lot of those who haven’t endorsed Trump say that ends up being the main reason why: how you justify to your children supporting someone for the most important job in the country who behaves in a way that you have told your children is completely unacceptable in a civilized society.

Clinton has a far more presidential public persona and most of her opponents’ issues with her are entirely political or related to her husband, so it’s somewhat easier for parents to justify a vote for her to their children (unless she actually does get indicted). But regardless, if I had kids and was a Republican, I think I’d just tell my children I wasn’t voting at all for president this year or for some acceptable third person candidate or writing in a name than actually tell them I was voting for someone whose behavior I find highly unacceptable in a 3-year-old much less a grown man wanting to rule the free world.
 memtoo
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/9/2016 8:10:19 AM

But regardless, if I had kids and was a Republican, I think I’d just tell my children I wasn’t voting at all for president this year or for some acceptable third person candidate or writing in a name than actually tell them I was voting for someone whose behavior I find highly unacceptable in a 3-year-old much less a grown man wanting to rule the free world.

One way to go other than voting for the very possibly corrupt HC, but as Lindsey Graham has said: " There’ll come a time when the love of country will trump hatred of Hillary". Trump is simply too much of a risk to abstain from voting . . because in the end we don't know what will happen. For rational Republicans who recognize how terrible of a man he is, they simply need to hold their nose and Vote for HC. I know I will.
 cotter
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2016 8:35:20 AM
Message 10 ...
Cotter is nothing more than an old, jew-hating .....
Oh dear ... Shhhhhh, don't tell my "Jewish" doctor (one of my best friends) or his wife and children or else he won't let his children come stay with me when visiting the US! I'm like their 2nd mother on a different continent!

Whoops ... you probably wouldn't understand that. You've probably barely left the town you were born in and can't possibly imagine having friendships in other parts of the world.

... man-hating ...

Hardly a "man-hater". I love all my male friends ... they thoroughly enjoy going dancing with me, singing with me ... swimming with me (now that it's great swimming weather here) and bike-riding with me. How is your social life doing?

... washed up feminist.

Not at all "washed up" ... I am actually quite an activist and supporter of feminism. What's wrong with that?

I'm totally in favor of what feminism represents ... "a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women".

Is that something to be ashamed of? What woman wouldn't want to achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women?

See ... your demeaning and degrading remarks pretty much went out the window.

Message 13 ...
They get irate when someone has a differing opinion on things. Then the personal attacks come barging in.

So we can tell you read Message 9 but I guess you skipped over Message 10 with that poster's demeaning and degrading remarks?

Wonder why any poster would try to defend the Special Olympics comment regardless of that person running again?

No idea ... was someone doing that?

We are now "rating" what demeaning disgusting comment is worse then another? Yikes!!
You are admonishing another poster for doing something you are doing yourself.

I note that you were quick to admonish me for a remark I made but don't seem to appear to be the least bit concerned that one of your buddies made some pretty demeaning and degrading remarks about me. Is that the way it works "aj"? Kind of a double standard ... eh? It's okay for your friends to make such remarks at people you just don't like?

But you didn't need me to point out your double standard ... you already knew that's the way it works with you ... right? Just the way you never said anything about all the degrading remarks "Mr. Zero" always posted. That was okay with you too ... right? How very sincere of you!

LMAO ... selectively incensed about who makes demeaning and degrading remarks.
 kj521
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/9/2016 8:37:38 AM
"how you justify to your children supporting someone for the most important job in the country who behaves in a way that you have told your children is completely unacceptable in a civilized society."

Tell me about it Mr. Hawking. I was working for DJJ at the time of Bill Clinton's sex scandal.

Had some interesting group discussions with these teenagers re: what behavior constitutes "presidential" and, of course, the definition of "sex"!

I suppose Trump is what happens when you don't draw a moral line and excuse the behavior of the people you like and agree with.

The World is going to Hell in a hand basket! Yikes!
 memtoo
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/9/2016 8:45:58 AM

I suppose Trump is what happens when you don't draw a moral line and excuse the behavior of the people you like and agree with

So lets give up and vote this guy into office. At this point, how much more harm can he cause?
 kj521
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/9/2016 8:57:59 AM
^^^^Personally, I like Mr. BBE's idea of "None of the above". :)

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Trump Mocks the Disabled / How can you vote for this guy?