Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 20 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Red_Fish_Blonde_Fish
Msg: 1
20 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attackPage 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
20 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

Orlando, Florida (CNN) — Approximately 20 people are dead inside Pulse, a gay nightclub, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Sunday morning, just hours after a shooter opened fire in the club. At least 42 people have been transported for medical treatment, he said.

Police have shot and killed the gunman, Mina told reporters.

"It's appears he was organized and well-prepared," the chief said, adding that the shooter had an assault-type weapon, a handgun and "some type of (other) device on him." Law enforcement sources told CNN that the device, which was strapped to the suspect, was possibly explosive, but authorities don't know if it was real or not.

A canine unit indicated there were explosives inside the suspect's car as well, the sources said.

At least nine officers were involved in the shootout, Mina said. Several coroner vans were seen traveling toward the nightclub.

One officer suffered an eye injury when a bullet struck his Kevlar helmet, said Danny Banks, special agent in charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Orlando bureau. The helmet saved the officer's life, Banks said.

The shooter is not from the Orlando area, Mina said.

Orlando authorities said they consider the violence an act of domestic terror. The FBI is involved. While investigators are exploring all angles, they "have suggestions the individual has leanings towards (Islamic terrorism), but right now we can't say definitely," said Ron Hopper, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI's Orlando bureau.
 chinook1111
Msg: 2
Posted: 6/12/2016 7:04:37 AM
Very unfortunate.

Can't wait for Obama to weigh in on this one.

Omar Mateen

I see the lefty delete crew is out.Not talking about it will not make it go away. ...
 45daydreamer
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/12/2016 7:22:22 AM
"Domestic terrorism"

This is a HUGE change as the vast majority of domestic terrorism and mass shootings is done by home grown Johnny from the down the block Christian.

My non sarcastic side is saddened by this latest loss of life in the US where death is a daily occurrence.
 kj521
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/12/2016 8:02:41 AM
Love and prayers to the victims and families.

And very proud of the Orlando police officers and first responders.
 deetristate
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/12/2016 8:16:49 AM
No one can prevent something like this once someone is in the country.
So, unless he was among the people let in by the Obama administration, I can't see blaming the President.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/12/2016 8:18:54 AM
Over 50 dead and many critically injured.
They are asking for blood donations - especially type o
Horrific :(
 ChaoticSphere
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/12/2016 8:23:42 AM

This is a HUGE change as the vast majority of domestic terrorism and mass shootings is done by home grown Johnny from the down the block Christian

So you vote to delete the thread because the killer wasn’t WHITE & CHRISTIAN? Is it even possible to be any more of a racist bigot POS?
 45daydreamer
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/12/2016 8:41:52 AM
^^^. That's a pretty big leap. And NO, I didn't vote to delete this thread, why would I? It's a good topic, IMO. And how exactly am I a "racist bigot POS"? Do you jump to conclusions much?? And, you dumb POS, you totally read the post wrong.

Have you actually READ the forums? Some on here blame every race and religion for all wrong doings, there is a commie behind every tree, Muslim terrorists are everywhere, Mexicans are taking over, ISIS.... just a few that, apparently, are rampant. So yes, it is a change when it's actually not Johnny down the block Christian shooting up places like Comolumbine, Sandy Hook and movie theatres and more. Usually the shooters are home grown, born and raised. It's way easier to blame Omar than to blame Johnny.

And, this whole shooting is sad, sad, sad. One life lost anywhere is one too many.
 ChaoticSphere
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/12/2016 8:54:50 AM
You’re correct! It’s easier blaming Omar because OMAR was the killers name you pathetic twisted twit. You’re so vile I’m physically ill!

This is what MENTAL ILLNESS looks like!
 chinook1111
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/12/2016 9:02:28 AM
Columbine and Sands Hook were teens.

This was a mature Male targeting gays.
 Red_Fish_Blonde_Fish
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/12/2016 9:14:30 AM
50 dead & 53 injured...worst mass shooting in US History

People were out having a good time on a Saturday Night, what did it matter gay or straight...

They were not in the military, not at war, this is just cowardly terrorism...and it happens all around the world, but we take notice when it is on our own ground :0(

Worst attack other than 9-11 per the news...
 45daydreamer
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/12/2016 9:30:59 AM
I must apologize, I didn't know the shooter's name was Omar. Canadian news, I can't watch the other crap from down south. I was using that name instead of Mohammed or Hussein because I know how freaked some get when those two names are mentioned. inwas also going to use the name Ali as I know two men with that name but we just lost Mohammed Ali and I'm still sad about that.

Some of you really need to take a sedative or something. You are reading a twisted intent when none was written, none was meant and if you can't see what my intent was, perhaps you shouldn't be on here as you don't seem capable of interpreting other's words.

Was this a hate crime against he LGBT community or domestic terrorism?
 Walts
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/12/2016 9:39:44 AM

No one can prevent something like this once someone is in the country.
So, unless he was among the people let in by the Obama administration, I can't see blaming the President.

What if (insert President of the time) administration let this guy's parents/family in???? What I've read this shooter was born in the good old US of A????? Which makes him a (even legal) citizen?

NOW, like right NOW, who do you want to place the "blame" on?????

Thoughts and prayers to all of those involved. Another sad day for humans from far and wide.

Just a reminder there are phucked up people everywhere.
 kj521
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:02:47 AM
I place the blame on extremism, ignorance but.....mostly.....hate.
 memtoo
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:02:54 AM
Amazing, some are fighting for their lives and some here can't help but immediately make a poltical issue of this, like the hater dee, implicitly blaming obama. This is all a result of lack of tolerance by the haters and those who promote hate are those at fault.
 deetristate
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:03:06 AM
I blame the shooter.

Who else is there?

Again, I respond to what other people posted and I am the issue.

I am so important. I am the issue in several threads. (Back pat)

""""""some here can't help but immediately make a poltical issue of this"""""

ACTUALLY, some here can't help but immediately make a "Dee" issue of this

Anyway . . . .

The news reports that the shooter "made a pledge" to a terrorist group.

THey are trying to find out whether he had help, was inspired by a group or engaged with a group to commit it.

--------------
Memtoo

I wasn't the first person to mention Obama.
And I actually said DON'T BLAME HIM,
But
Try again,

""""You can't even let the wounded fight for their lives before spewing your hatred of obama""""

Actually, You can't even let the wounded fight for their lives before spewing your hatred of "Dee"
It's sad.
 memtoo
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:10:35 AM
Look at your message 5, already talking about blaming obama if it was an Islamic immigrant. Do you think that's called for at this time. You can't even let the wounded fight for their lives before spewing your hatred of obama?
 Walts
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:31:43 AM
What seems to one of "our" (referring to all of us in this world) major problems is that we seem to want to finger point at a "reason" for certain things that "happen", INSTANTLY. When incidents of this nature happen, the first thing that comes into our heads is "why???????". What some should really look at is that "answer" that automatically comes into their heads after hearing the word "why????"

The automatic answer/reaction is basically a reflection on you, as an individual. What should scare some people is that automatic answer/reaction is almost ALWAYS THE SAME.

It's called simple minded.
 _babblefish
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:32:57 AM

A Yahoo reader . .
Dead gays AND more reason to promote an anti-Muslim agenda? It's like Christmas morning for conservatives!

then there's the ill timed *cough, tweet from the anti-gay Texas Lt. Gov.: "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."

which was pulled down and replaced 30 minutes later with: “The Salvation of the righteous come from the Lord; He is their stronghold in time of trouble.”

you're right ChaoticSphere. . . america;
This is what MENTAL ILLNESS looks like!
 Jo van
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:35:51 AM
Very sad.
I just heard on the radio that his dad said he had been recently "incensed" by witnessing two men kissing.
I find it much more "offensive", watching people being shot.
But that's just me.

We haven't had so many mass-shootings here, (UK) since they tightened the gun laws even more.
We still get the occasional one, but only from legally-registered gun-owners now.

I dare say he thought he was doing "god's work", or some such.
Strange that despite all the myths, "god" never shows up anymore.

People with irrational beliefs, are more likely to act irrationally too.
It would help if people stopped believing, and "teaching" the drivel and beliefs of the stone-age.
But if I dare to "disrespect" these crazy beliefs, I'm a very bad person....
These beliefs just murdered another 50 people.

Maybe it's time to update ALL your "holy scriptures"?
Take out all the "incitements to racial hatred", and the instructions to commit murder, "in the name of god", and the hatred, and misogyny. Just leave the nice bits?
Just sayin...
JMO
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:35:56 AM
Almost hard to comprehend so many people murdered over who they love.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:48:49 AM
It's horrible and tragic.

I'm making a personal decision to avoid coverage of this tragedy. Already I saw a Texas lawmaker tweeting that they had it coming to them. It's going to be one group blaming Muslims; others blaming easy access to guns; and a few blaming the victims. I just don't want to see it.
 chinook1111
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/12/2016 11:08:07 AM
You're right half,maybe you should spend your time and resources preaching tolerance in various mosques.
 Maleman999
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/12/2016 11:09:06 AM
"...others blaming easy access to guns...."

I was thinking the same thing: another debate about gun control for the next few weeks, with the same result as all of the other debates after a mass shooting-which is no change.
 45daydreamer
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/12/2016 11:16:11 AM
Chinook - maybe a few should be preaching tolerance in a few mosques and a few hundred thousand Christian churches, a few Jewish temples and schools, including private, public and Christian. I've seen far more hate come from "us" as opposed to "them".
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 20 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack