Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men are cruel in Mass/Southern NH      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 leastman
Msg: 1
Men are cruel in Mass/Southern NHPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't understand the mentality of asking a woman to meet you in a mall parking lot, ask you if you want lunch across the street and then don't show up at the restaurant. Why? Wouldn't it have been easier to say you know what I am not interested. No instead you imply that you are and then leave a woman in a parking lot. Who does that?
 gtomustang
Msg: 2
Men are cruel in Mass/Southern NH
Posted: 6/20/2016 6:51:05 AM
Sorry you got taken advantage of. As you'll find soon, idiots are everywhere. you're about to get a lot of posts about this.
 Maleman999
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/20/2016 7:56:15 AM
Mall parking lot? Anyone who suggests meeting in a parking lot is a bit off their rocker. Why would you agree to that?
 south_city
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/20/2016 7:57:36 AM
I never agreed to meet someone in the parking lot. But if the first date / meeting was in a restaurant / bar etc, a person could have pretended to use the restroom and left. Or used the "fake emergency call".

Sorry that happened to you. But not all men in a given area or men in general act like this. I had first dates / meetings when I wasn't interested / physically attracted to a woman. I was still able to make the most of it and enjoy the activity for about a hour or so.

AgentNinety9
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/20/2016 7:58:12 AM
I don't do "meet me in the parking lot" but I guess that didn't bother you for some reason. Would have been a big old red flag for moi.

Getting stood up is nothing new. You'll never figure out the reason, but if you did it would still pizz you off anyway. Don't agree to meet anyone unless you have a "Plan B". Some guy is a no-show? Alrighty go buy yourself some nice shoes or something. You're already at the mall.
 IronHibiscus
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/20/2016 8:05:10 AM
Someone asks me to meet in a Mall parking lot - they won't be meeting me at all. Second of all, Men / Women are cruel any State you live in. I could tell you some real good stories, if you want.

Do NOT meet ANYONE in a parking lot. Period. Asking for major issues. Land a psycho and you'll be on the news being searched for.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 8:20:11 AM
I don't do that. I show or I cancel with some notice. However, it happens sometimes that a woman makes plans for in a few days (specific date, time and place) and then I don't hear from her. So do I go as planned? I usually try to contact her a few times before the date (last one only hours before), and if I get no response I decline. That to me is not a no-show on my side. It's a fizzle and silence from hers. I doubt after days of no response she'll sit there waiting for me.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/20/2016 8:37:10 AM
I would never agree to meet anyone in a mall parking lot. I picture some serial killer pulling up in a white van, forcing me inside and my family reporting me missing or worse. Maybe your date intended to rob or assault you. Consider yourself lucky he bailed on lunch.
 tennistown
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/20/2016 9:03:20 AM

I don't understand the mentality of asking a woman to meet you in a mall parking lot,

Me neither.

I guess it is better than
one of those meetings at a cemetery,
at midnight, under a full moon.
 Escape2bfree
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 9:12:57 AM
It's not safe to meet someone in a mail parking lot. It might help if you swop numbers and ask them to confirm the meetg approx half an hour before you are true to meet. If they change there mind they won't contact you. At least your stood up in the comfort of your own home
 purplerider1200
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 10:24:26 AM
I'll not scold you for meeting in a parking lot- others are doing a fine job without me adding my two cents worth also.

Now, obviously, you must be selecting some pretty big zeros. They write a good opening message that you accept. A couple messages back and forth, then an arranged meeting. Then you meet, and they decide to exit without saying why, leaving you to play guess.

I know I write lousy first messages. My empty inbox is testimony to that. It's a VERY rare time that I ever got an answer. At least. if I did, and got to an ACTUAL first meeting, I would at least have the decency to go through with it. If it worked out and we agreed to do a first date, then it would be only fair to do a yea or nay after.

If they aren't willing to follow through with it, then they weren't worth it to begin with.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:27:11 AM
2. You won’t be holding my purse at the shoe store. You won’t even BE at the shoe store with me.

OP, I would have to guess, he didn't want to test out number 2.
LOL Just kidding!

There are MANY fakers and flakers on OLD sites. It happens.
Meet inside a public place, coffee shop, diner, etc, and if he shows, good, if not enjoy a latte!
 prime ribb
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:33:18 AM
Damn! I didn't know us men in your neck of the woods were capable of such a thing. I remember years ago me and a woman from POF who I talked to on Instant Messenger were supposed to meet at Denny's and when I spotted her she chickened out and drove off. In recent times I accompanied a friend on POF meet who brought a friend along and the place we happened to meet was a parking lot.

It really comes down to the person and their personal comfort level and I keep those things in mind.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:41:04 AM

one of those meetings at a cemetery,
at midnight, under a full moon.

That works for me.

Oowwwoowowwoooooooo..............
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:52:46 AM
I wonder if there was some wires crossed about when and where to meet. Sometimes people talk like they want to meet, but never truly mention a time or date. One of you might have thought that afternoon, the other thought you meant tomorrow. Always confirm via text or phone. Always.

Another possibility is, depending on how late in the evening or weekend it may have been - being drunk makes people forget all kinds of stuff. A lot of people are very good at maintaining themselves and appearing sober even though they've consumed enough to blotto out the next 12 hours from memory.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 3:11:07 PM

Someone asks me to meet in a Mall parking lot - they won't be meeting me at all.

Why not? Girls LOVE the mall! ;)

Bob: "I'd like to meet you in person face to face, then we can go into a specific place."
Sally: "Great, where do you want to meet?"
Bob: "Let's meet in the mall parking lot."
Sally: "Okay. Why a mall parking lot?"
Bob: "There's a lot of open air, less distractions. Park away from other cars for that reason too. I want to create ambiance."
Sally: "Alright, that makes sense. What time tomorrow?"
Bob: "Say around 11PM? There's a few restaurants open about a mile away. I'll be in a white van. I'm getting my license plate changed, so don't worry about that."
Sally: "Okay, that makes sense -- thanks for letting me know beforehand. 11PM is kind of late, though -- can we go for 7PM?"
Bob: "Yeah, I guess. I will be wearing a ski-mask when outside, though."
Sally: "Why is that?"
Bob: "Because I get sunburned easily. Don't worry. Once we get inside, I'll show you everything about me."
Sally: "Okay! That makes sense. I'm excited. Just don't ditch me, okay?"
Bob: "Of course not, of course not. I would never ditch you. Give me some credit, here."
 Ouija2025
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/20/2016 4:48:07 PM
Value yourself more
I prefer the surprise meetings in a dark alley after Midnight because what could possibly go wrong?
DO NOT MEET AN ASSHAT in a freaking parking lot.. unless you want your name in print after your untimely death
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/20/2016 9:05:32 PM
Ditto what everybody else said.

NEVER meet in a parking lot. Sheesh!

Set boundaries for your dates.

I always insist on meeting at the entrance so the gal doesn't have to walk in looking for me.

You can do the same thing.

Those dudes sound jaded. Not your problem.

Next time this happens, insist on meeting in front of a Jewelry store.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/20/2016 9:13:45 PM
Here's my take on this: It takes .03 seconds for a man to decide if he's attracted to a woman. It takes .01 seconds if she's walking. I say cut the crap and walk across a parking lot for the guy.
 hemingway234
Msg: 20
Some people are cruel everywhere
Posted: 6/21/2016 6:31:02 AM
It sounds like it was a drive-by date, I'm sorry. A nice guy would have at least had a drink or dinner with you. Meet at a resturant next time.
 ginghamgal
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/21/2016 6:47:32 AM
I have waited in my car or outside the entrance when I got someplace before my date did. The safety aspect could depend on the circumstances. If someone parked in front of a busy shopping mall or supermarket, most likely there would be plenty of people walking in and out of the place and some of these places also have outdoor security.
 south_city
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/21/2016 7:19:19 AM

I have waited in my car or outside the entrance when I got someplace before my date did.

I have too. But that can be different than meeting in a parking lot. I only waited in my car or near the entrance until the other person got there. Then we immediately went inside whatever place we were going to.

In recent times I accompanied a friend on POF meet who brought a friend along and the place we happened to meet was a parking lot.

I would never agree to a date / meeting with a woman that wanted to bring her friends or other people. I think that is being insecure or paranoid. I could feel like the "5th wheel". I might have to impress her friends as well as her. OTOH that could backfire on a woman. A man could end up liking one of her friends better than her. LOL.
 dameunbaso
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/21/2016 7:22:33 AM
Hey, I like you. Let's go out on a date?

Sure.

Would you like to meet tomorow?

Sure.

How about we meet behind the Publics Supermarket where they have the dumpsters?

Ahhh?

Come on, it will be fun. And the best part is if you do not like me (or me you) in the first five minutes you can just dumb me right there. LOL.

Ahhh. Sure, what time?
 BBEisBack
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:43:27 PM
We have a very nice Large Park in my City, parking for it is limited...
Trying to describe a certain meeting place is hard to do...
There's a large strip mall across the street....
Meeting in front of XYZ Store & walking across the street to the park is easy...
 ebolakitty
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/21/2016 4:25:15 PM
Yeah, I stood up someone. When she was waiting for me at the bar, I was in a hospital emergency room with hoses up my nose after a heart attack. In hindsight, that kind of cruelty isn't worth it. From then on, I decided not to meet anyone during a heart attack.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men are cruel in Mass/Southern NH