Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How do you reply to 'you are sexy'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hostess68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How do you reply to 'you are sexy'Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Seriously guys! This isn't the way to approach nice 'normal' women like me! Why do you do that? I am not sexy! I am a woman. I have a brain. I want intelligence and conversation. It isn't just about the sack for me. I don't know how to state that more clearly in my obvious profile. Guy why bother? Girls, how do you reply when unwanted attention is adamant but you don't want to offend?
 winter_hyacinth
Msg: 2
How do you reply to 'you are sexy'
Posted: 6/20/2016 5:55:48 PM
Ignore. Not the type I'm looking for.

Aren't the 'hey there' messages automatically generated from the flirt button?
 skiptalker
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 9:16:48 PM
"Hey there ;)" .......not just me then its every time i receive a message but we must be lucky some guys on here get nowt
 TucsonPug
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:57:53 PM
I just reply with "I know, but thanks anyway" which seems to leave them dumb founded.
Personally I prefer You're sexy to how big are your t!ts?
Tbh they're not worth a reply but hey I'm still polite.
 Hostess68
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:23:59 PM
TucsonPug you have a lovely attitude I admire but I am sadly losing faith in this website. Not met any good ones
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:30:47 PM

It could be worse, you could be a bloke and getting a load of those crappy"Hey there ;)" Messages every day from people who are too lazy to type!

I'd rather get a " hey there " from someone I'm not interested vs the story of their life and why they love caramel sundaes so much, etc
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:35:41 PM
I'd rather have that than 'sort ya hair out love'.
 Hostess68
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:43:58 PM
Flossiescratchwood! I actually lolled at that one! And you hair is lovely! Sod those orrible men ha ha
 Aggers
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2016 5:49:54 AM

I am sadly losing faith in this website.

What? only "just" and "losing"?????

As for the Sexy comments, speaks volumes about the sender! As Wonky said.

"Hey There" - me too and all from older, a lot older, ladies. My alter-ego is a superhero named "Nana Magnetman" it has never changed in the last 7 years.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2016 7:47:34 AM
Only had that once and it was from a woman 35 years younger than me. I wasn't interested but got the conversation going anyway out of interest. She said she was only really interested in someone who would take her out and sex, she said the rest she was managing well thanks.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2016 9:49:48 AM
I'd just say thanks for taking time to message and for the compliment, goodbye and good luck. Short but polite. tota; waste of time message but maybe they find your smile sexy (who knows what men think)
 Jo van
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/28/2016 1:01:19 PM
I normally say:

"No dear, that was last year.
I'm sixty-one now.

Pardon...?

*buzz*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2016 1:54:40 PM
Hmm... you know what's on their mind
How to reply? Either play their game & reply or just ignore it.
 Hostess68
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2016 4:09:11 PM
So this is number one lesson of 'filter out the creeps' right?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2016 5:45:05 AM
It's a salutary reminder to those who need it that drinking and the internet don't mix well.
 Hostess68
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2016 2:48:27 PM
Wow! Sexual deviants, alcoholics and drug users! I cant wait to date from this website! NOT!
 gimllog
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2016 11:58:17 PM
-----How do you reply to 'you are sexy'-----
with honesty ,is always the best policy , why waste time ? If you find him sexy or not then tell him so .
Not sure what you are expecting from the dating game , but most that will be getting in contact with you, will find you attractive/sexy and a good percentage will be prepared to/want to get naked with you eventually.
Sex is part of being in/forming a relationship , hes not contacting you to find out what the weather is like

if you can't take compliments or rejections then maybe online dating is not for you.
 Fabreezey
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2016 3:47:11 PM
---- you are sexy ---

Well that's one word more than the message I responded to and which led to me meeting the man I've happily been in a relationship with for the past 4 years.
 Hostess68
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2016 3:58:41 PM
Nah sorry - I don't agree... I am old fashioned maybe but I expect to be taken out and if the conversation or spark is there. then we can talk sexy. It a matter of self respect and about being respected. I aint a piece of meat. I am a person with feelings and values. Companionship is more or well, equally important to me but it comes first. I don't just jump in the sack. I find it disrespectful to say on the first message 'you are sexy'. Hey man! There is more to me than that
 Lorri55
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2016 4:35:43 AM
I simply say 'thank you'- it is nice to receive a compliment and only manners to receive it politely.
It doesn't necessarily mean that there is any real interest on either side, you only find that out after a bit more conversation.
 gimllog
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2016 4:48:51 AM

Nah sorry - I don't agree... I am old fashioned maybe but I expect to be taken out and if the conversation or spark is there. then we can talk sexy. It a matter of self respect and about being respected.

its ok saying that you are old fashioned and have self-respect , but it does seem to be a bit contradictory when you are then using online dating sites to find a partner , Where by, they display us all like "pieces of meat"
i am not saying that you should get rid of your own values/standards , but when you are using the latest technology's you should really be aware of how these dating sites present you to potential partners , your just 1 pic/profile in amongst 1000s of others ,
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2016 6:25:56 AM
Whatever the case, such an opening statement invariably indicates that the sender is lacking in social skills or at least is not employing them at the time.
 G3 M1 N1
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2016 3:15:55 PM
One word is all you require ......... "AND?"

Women are as bad, crap like ... Hi ....... How are you ... etc.

It needs some stimulating conversational piece, after all, it seems many females do not fill in a profile at all, so what are you expected to say? Perhaps ... Nice Font .... although she may get confused and think you are talking christenings at that.

I now email ladies with blank profiles, or ones that read "will fill this in later" .... my email says "will fill this in later" of course
 G3 M1 N1
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2016 11:43:20 AM
I sent a message of appreciation to a woman to say how 'fit' she looked. I wasn't after s3x, didn't think she was or is a s3x object, but could appreciate how she looked ..... in return, I got blocked.

Now, I guess many will say it serves me right, especially the females on here, but, before you do, its not me flaunting my body in my underwear in a provocative manner! I say provocative as it must have been posted to provoke a reaction.

I can appreciate a nice car, it doesn't mean I want to own or drive it, or a piece of art, in fact, may things in life.

Anyhow, end of the day its her choice, as it too is her choice her reaction to me, the only sad part I cannot block her in return as you need a mail to do so, and pof removes it from your sent or inbox on being blocked leaving you unable to block, which is totally wrong.

What sort of woman appears on here in their skimpies that are designed for one purpose, looking attractive for a partner btw? After all, they probably weren't comfortable everyday ones.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2016 1:06:25 PM
"You are sexy"?

Hmmm… I wonder what that feels like… :-Þ
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How do you reply to 'you are sexy'