Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Scammer?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GroundedNomad
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Scammer?Page 1 of 1    
I think I may have hooked a scammer. Just a bit too classic. Widower, one child, born overseas, claims to live near me, flattery (lets face it, I'm really not that gorgeous). Has anybody come across this guy from Bowen Hills in Brisbane? Don't want to name as I don't know, but he sounds a little too good to be true. Is he?
 gingerosity
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Scammer?
Posted: 6/29/2016 1:00:53 AM
Possibly, but he could also be a great catch. Nothing you have stated screams out scammer to me at this stage. A bit of flattery on a dating site isn't exactly unheard of.

If he ever asks for money or something like that you'll know for sure. Until then, he's as likely to be a scammer as anyone else, so keep your wits about you and play it safe.
 gcdeb
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Scammer?
Posted: 6/29/2016 1:15:37 AM
Just ask to meet him some time very soon (ie this weekend). They usually start making excuses at that point. (of coures, if he is genuine, you have to be ready to meet him lol).
 GroundedNomad
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Scammer?
Posted: 6/29/2016 4:02:30 AM
I did some private investigating. I copied his profile into Google, and lo and behold, there it was word for word used by at least 15 to 20 others identified as scammers. Rats! It all looked so good too!
 DavidB417
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Scammer?
Posted: 7/5/2016 7:00:44 AM
good thing you investigated and caught him.
 Aussie_Striker
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Scammer?
Posted: 8/19/2016 8:55:52 AM
Unfortunately that is not uncommon.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Scammer?