Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Multiple officers killed by snipers at Dallas protest over police kil      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 1
Multiple officers killed by snipers at Dallas protest over police killingsPage 1 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
This week, police killed two men, Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, LA, and Philando Castile in Minneapolis.

Tonight, a group of snipers shoot 11 Dallas police officers, killing four in retaliation during a protest rally in Texas.

And to think that according to our politicians narrative and rhetoric of fear, we should be worried about the Muslim or Mexican boogeyman.
 deetristate
Msg: 2
Multiple officers killed by snipers at Dallas protest over police killings
Posted: 7/8/2016 4:20:35 AM
WOW.

People have already started comparing bananas to snakes.

The whole point is that the USA has its own problems and issues. Why bring in more that we don't have to bring in?

The historical nature of the outcome in Dallas is an American issue.

Why bring in MORE issues when it could be stopped at the border or at the airport or shipyard?

So your thinking is -

""We already have problems in racial and police-citizen relations so why not let illegals ( Mexicans, Russians, whatever) come in and possible terrorists into the country ( and give them all free housing, food, schooling ( at the expense of the people with whom we are having police issues).""

Uh, no.
Again, which many don't seem to understand.
NO ONE HAS A RIGHT TO IMMIGRATION IN THE USA
Do we even know anything about the suspects? Did they make a statement or anything?
The TV news that I watched as I ate breakfast didn't tell you much. .

++++++++++++++++
EDIT to below.

What does fear have to do with any of this, other than fear of cops?

Liberal platitudes are not applicable.

But let's go with that- I'll play.

Wile I agree with much of this,
LIBERALS LOVE GOVERNMENT SOLUTIONS
Liberals want government to put you out of business if you don't do something against your religion.
Liberals want government to fund planned parenthood.
Liberals want the government to force businesses to provide free birth control
Liberals want government to provide and force "low income housing"
Liberals want government to mandate minimum wages.
Liberals want government to take away guns.
Liberals want government to further limit free speech.

I could go on, but I think most people are smart enough to get it.

It has to do with - WHY BRING ON PROBLEMS THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO and take away resources from AMERICANS when we have our own people and issues to address.

It is very simple for those who want to see.
It is easy to be an armchair-in-the-suburbs liberal.
 AgentNinety9
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/8/2016 4:21:25 AM
It doesn't really matter what you fear.
It only matters that you fear.
Something.
Something that always requires a bigger and better government solution.
Fear the police shooting people unfairly, or fear the people unfairly shooting police.
But DO NOT fear Islam, the religion of peace, because that makes you a bigot (fear).
Decisions, decisions.
Should I turn in my guns now out of fear, or should I stock up on ammo for the same reason.
So much shit to fear, and always always the government is here to help. Daddy loves you.
Pick your poison.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/8/2016 5:42:19 AM
Fear, and sex, sells whatever message you're trying to make. We worry about outside threats, yet we are willing to tear ourselves from within, ironically near where JFK was shot. We are taught to fear the Willie Horton, now we get taught to fear the cop who we tell, "i have a weapon" as we are taught in an NRA course, and we still get shot. Texas open carry laws could allow these snipers to walk openly with their tools, had they chosen to do so.

Selling our fears to make a point, helps the terrorists. Thinking there is no outlet for our anger, that a gun is our only solution, also helps. I'm sure our political discourse will continue to be about hate, fear, taking the solution into our own hands rather than standing and working together.

what happened in Dallas may be a shock, but it sure ain't a surprise. We've been cultivating fear and hate for months now, telling people there is no outlet for their anger.

Dee mentioned below about fear and anger being cultivated for centuries. I suppose she's talking about KKK terrorism on blacks since the end of the Civil War. Yet this sniper shooting is likely a recent boiling point. The cities have indeed been getting angry, look at the Watts Riots, then the LA riots after Rodney King. but were there military-like assautls of the police after these? This wasn't a spur of the moment event, there was some planning to pull this off along the protest route.

I remember a poster warning once that the working poor were going to rise up, and he figured they would target the "illiberal liberals". yet who are the uprisers ta
 desertsusie
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/8/2016 5:45:13 AM
Bringing immigration and "radical terrorism" into this thread is an ignorant turn. Why even mention the word. Immigration". Really Dee, you're not all that bright, or empathetic. Same goes for the second poster, ignorant comments.

None have said "home grown terrorism" is a fault or just plain old "local murderers". And this is not a liberal or conservative argument either.

^^^ Fear. As mentioned above. Fear. And ignorance.

Death by gun is happening far too often. Death by gun in front of cell phone cameras is happening far too often as well and makes it look like the stats at higher than they used to be...but they aren't.
 deetristate
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/8/2016 5:54:35 AM
The tactic of "use one ID to bring in a topic and then use another ID to condemn addressing that topic" is not effective.

Try some discussion.

I'll check back to see whether there is any.

_-----------

Guns? OK. Bombs, knives, there are all means of death. The means should not be the focus.

Fear of not being PC enough is the problem, if there is a fear problem.
And fear and distrust of police based on experience.
I guess that you could call that"taught."
Cultivating for months? Months? How about centuries.
Again, you people try again yo make this about something other than what it is.
LOL!

You clearly don't live in a city or really have any experience with any of this.

-----------

Chinook - they can't face that. And it doesn't make them feel"good"
 chinook1111
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/8/2016 6:02:05 AM
Too many people unable to obtain meaningful employment.Endless unchecked illegal immigration brings down wages.Too many black men in jail.Very sad turn of events .
 Walts
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/8/2016 6:25:48 AM
Chinook and Dee seem to have the instant and quick "answer" to America's problem, or at least this one. Or is it all of the problems???? Dee???? Chinook?????

It saddens me that these incidents have happened this week. But, what really saddens me, is some of the responses to these incidents, and not just here, though those two did give us a couple of good examples of such. What these incidents show it doesn't matter what "group" you relate to, it was individuals that have acted the way they did, which has resulted into senseless death.

The question is "why"? Until then, there is no way you can "fix" what is happening.

Is immigration the problem? Anyone take a look at the owner of the store that did the video taping of the one man that was shot, and killed by the two police officers, and then their actions after the man was dead????? Dee???? Chinook????? He wasn't part of the problem, though you would like us to think he was.

Not a very good effort kids.

Try again.
 desertsusie
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/8/2016 6:48:32 AM

The tactic of "use one ID to bring in a topic and then use another ID to condemn addressing that topic" is not effective.

Try some discussion.

Boy, do you see dead men or conspiracy theories under your bed at night? You do this a lot. And your are always wrong.

Stats on "death by cops" is down over the years. Smart people were talking about the stats last night on the news.

Home grown killers or home grown terrorists. Who n their right friggin mind goes out there to pick off the police? Or shoot up a school? Or shoot up a theater? Or bomb a building? Home grown terrorists. And theses killers aren't all black or unemployed or didn't get a hug or have a daddy in prison because he's a criminal.

And I doubt Chinook lives in a city that experiences black angst. He just thinks he's a republican.
 deetristate
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/8/2016 7:40:10 AM
What exactly are we being accused of? The conversation veered when people tried to make this about some undefined"Fear" and now some are focusing on one word among all the other words posted -" immigration-" because that is all that you can come up with.

Oh, And guns.

And grouping all activity that uses the same means together.
And comparing people on a mission with nutcases.
Shall we compare Manson to all queda?

How nonsensical.

This is about police killing civilians who are black and suffering no consequences and another group of people who took to extreme measures because they are sick of it.

To play off topic with you all-

Immigration is a problem when certain neighborhoods are not receiving services, assistance, decent schools because resources are redirected to these illegal and overstaying visa immigrants. ( oh, and the Mexican mafia is targeting blacks in California) But that is a side discussion, that you all have raised but we will get chastises for addressing.
 benartflick
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/8/2016 7:59:32 AM
"It is easy to be an armchair-in-the-suburbs liberal."

I'm a liberal that lived in the suburbs most of my life. What are you trying to indicate, Dee?

I'm also a person who believes all conservatives, all women, all blacks, etc. don't think alike or are alike in anyway possible.

"Do we even know anything about the suspects? Did they make a statement or anything?
The TV news that I watched as I ate breakfast didn't tell you much."

Dee, you're smart enough to know the answers to your questions without being informed by OUR WORTHLESS media.

We have a serious problem with police brutality - including murder by public servants. That should be clear to anyone with an IQ over room temperature.

ALL people should be held accountable for their transgressions. No person or group of people should be above the law. That's the way it should be and clearly IS NOT!

Apparently a bunch of criminals (they are now) believe cops are getting away with murdering black people. They want it to stop. Perhaps they believe by murdering white cops might help end police wrongdoings and the cover-ups.

I think they're somewhat wrong (besides their senseless murders). Many cops get away with murdering and assaulting EVERYBODY: whites, blacks, women, children, etc. etc. And apparently their superiors and our lawmakers don't give a muck.

Actually, I believe many Americans here don't either. Maybe they're too naive to realize what's been going on here long before I was born.
 desertsusie
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/8/2016 8:07:37 AM

Again, which many don't seem to understand.
NO ONE HAS A RIGHT TO IMMIGRATION IN THE USA

Stated by Dee in post 3. You just couldn't help yourself, so predictable. You could have left it out but no, you put it in and you put it in all capital letters.

People feel marginalized. People don't get a decent education or food or jobs or housing. Black people, white people and other colors of people. It seems some people, mainly republicans, don't want to throw in that extra dollar or two to help their fellow man. I don't much like the saying "it takes a village" but when big corporations out source jobs, people have minimum wage jobs or live on welfare, you deny them medical care and birth control, you don't pay teachers enough for them to want to spend the 4 years in university at their cost...for what, no pay, run down schools, no books, crappy computers, kids that can't learn because they are tired and hungry. Its all fvcked up. No on wants to lend a hand or a dollar to their fellow human beings. Its like "not in my back yard" or "if you want a job, go get one"...what if there aren't any jobs?

And yes, police have been shooting civilians, some were innocent, some not so much..and it doesn't matter, they shouldn't be dead unless they themselves had a weapon, then shoot the s.o.b. before he shoots you or an innocent bystander. But police aren't sitting in a parkade popping off black folks at will. I don't care how friggin uneducated, hungry or disenfranchised you feel and that you need a hug because of what happened to you last week or your papa 30 years ago or your great-grandma 125 years ago - you're a cold blooded killer and need to be hung.

This needs to stop. And no one can stop it, not Obama, not Clinton and not that crazy d!ck Trump. This starts at home.
 benartflick
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/8/2016 8:36:17 AM
"This needs to stop. And no one can stop it"

No doubt in my mind the murders and assaults CAN BE reduced drastically. NO DOUBT!

Law and punishment does work as a deterrent. (Deterrent doesn't mean stopped completely.)

If I was in charged of the police in any city, ALL the cops will know and clearly understand they WILL be held accountable for their actions. If any believe it's okay to shoot a person 6 times because he thought the victim was reaching for a gun, he better find a job elsewhere or realize he might be spending the rest of his life in prison if his mistake resulted in a dead victim.

I hope you realize there's a big differences between a legitimate shooting and OOPS!
 Kodanshi
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2016 8:38:16 AM
I knew it! I bloody knew it! The killings of two black men by police officers went unmentioned in topics. When I heard about the snipers killing those cops, I knew someone would make a topic about it here...
 gtomustang
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/8/2016 8:40:35 AM
yes, police have been "burying their mistakes" for a while (one known example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_civil_rights_workers%27_murders

, its only recently we have had cellphone cameras recording it...and yet all that is done about it is a shoulder shrug. that is likely considered insulting to some, that here is video proof, and yet still some act like they don't see it. meanwhile, we get a politician telling us to fear the rapists and murderers, even in lily white communities far from the border. Many of those lily white communities "are not receiving services, assistance, decent schools b/c resources are redirected". Redirected to where? richer communities? Spent on going to war? redirected to tax breaks given to corporations who won't move in to your neighborhood otherwise and just will outsource your job soon enough anyway? because all those government resources are a welfare handout to lily white welfare queens? because government should stay out of our lives? because part of that assistance might be tied to birth control and the teaching of evolution and climate change in those schools?

like the bumpersticker used to say, imagine millions for schools and the Pentagon holds a bake sale....Vlad isn't the only person to predict, "We" are angry, and one day "we" are going to rise up with our guns. Funny, it wasn't "we" this time.

I gather you are referring to my little woody (insert Trump voice talking about how huge it is). Yep, I've seen police shooting reports since it was "Guiliani time!". Are some of them valid, are all of them not? A jury gets to decide, in air conditioned comfort. We have militarized our police since the SWAT days, and now every little town gets a used armoured transporter left over by the DoD.

if we seek out trouble, how long does it take to find it? Chances are, there are plenty of justified shootings out there. But, escalating things with the TV news nightly "perp walk" and "if it bleeds, it leads". the fear mongering, the divisive "us vs. them" talk, the passive "Stand your ground, walk around openly carrying" laws, and everything else, and then we wonder why we get shootings.

are we possibly in another era of un Civil War? Will we let it come to that again? it won't be about states' rights, it will be about groups who all feel they have been unfairly handled, and point to some proof or another of when it was their own rights that were overrun. Or will we walk back from the edge this time? We seem to under react, or over react, where's the middle ground of just reacting rationally? how many shootings until we either:

a) do something finally to fix the issues

b)go past the point of no return, and finalize the bunker mentality

my apologies, Susie, I assumed, which makes an A$$ out of U and Me, as they used to teach :)
 desertsusie
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/8/2016 8:43:18 AM
And your point is?? ^^^ Have you not read the 4 million posts on a few hundred threads about police killings or the "stand your ground" killings? This is daily, maybe not by police officers or of police officers but death, shootings, killings, home grown terrorism is a daily occurrence.

"I knew it!"...did you get a little woody?
 memtoo
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/8/2016 8:48:39 AM
The people who did this for whatever reason were very angry with the police. Angry enough to give their lives. In the end if people live in a society which they believe unjust, they will make their own justice. That's what revolutions and civil wars are borne from.

This of course has nothing to do with immigration, can't understand why Dee brings this up. This has to do with how people are treated by cops and the courts and whether they believe they are given a fair shake. The only way to stop this is to ensure people perceive there is justice and consequences for unjust acts...or they will seek their own justice. It's as simple as that.
 desertsusie
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/8/2016 8:56:21 AM

I gather you are referring to my little woody (insert Trump voice talking about how huge it is). Yep, I've seen police shooting reports since it was "Guiliani time!". Are some of them valid, are all of them not? A jury gets to decide, in air conditioned comfort. We have militarized our police since the SWAT days, and now every little town gets a used armoured transporter left over by the DoD.

GTO, I was referencing the post by Kodanshi.

I think we are past the point of no return. When the people idolize the second coming of Hitler, we have hit rock bottom.
 benartflick
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/8/2016 8:59:10 AM
GTO, are you just making a political statement or do you actually believe a president should fix the police problems in your state?

What in your mind makes you believe the shooting of those cops have anything to do with Trump?

I think Obama and the media might have a little to do with the increased racial problems over the last 6 years. Just my OPINION.

I firmly believe the Feds should have gotten involved with the cold blooded murder of a black teenager in Florida several years ago. Especially since the local authorities were forced to prosecute the murderer and were so inept it appeared they were deliberately trying to lose that case.

If I was a black person, I would be pissed off. Hell, I'm a white person living 80 miles from that murder scene and I'm pissed off.
 memtoo
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/8/2016 9:09:42 AM
"Especially since the local authorities were forced to prosecute the murderer and were so inept it appeared they were deliberately trying to lose that case. "

You really are one of the biggest a holes on this board. I wartched that trial and the prosecutors did a good job. You were a working man until you scammed the workers comp system. You look with contempt on virtually anyone who is better educated than you, smarter than you, has a better job than you. I would tell you to to grow up but given your age you are a lost cause.
 benartflick
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/8/2016 9:17:56 AM
"You look with contempt on virtually anyone"

Nah, not true, but I try to call a shovel a shovel (unlike you - perhaps due to the fact that you're uneducated, stupid and no doubt a troll. How many times have you been voted off this site?)
 memtoo
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/8/2016 9:41:35 AM

Nah, not true, but I try to call a shovel a shovel

Any woman looking to date you would be well warned to look at your posting history in the archives. You NEVER say anything good about anyone. You have a lousy outlook on life . . doctors, lawyers, cops, EVERYBODY according to you . . . an uneducated working man . . . is incompetent. You have also proven you are a liar with no integrity.

The women considering dating you should also lookup your bragging about beating the system and collecting worker's comp for your working life for a respiratory disease you knew you never had. Disgusting. Frauds like you make it harder on legitimate people legitimately injured through their work. You disgust me.
 deetristate
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/8/2016 9:44:22 AM
I say, again, memtoo and others, stop making every thread about me because it is rude to everyone else. And I feel important enough without it.
_---------;;;;;;;;;;-------
Well, those men and one woman, as reported, are tired of all the talking and decided to take action.

More like what happened in Dallas will be expected unless there are actually consequences for criminal cops.
---------

There you go again below. You can't help yourself making thus about me. SMH.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

-------------------

Dee, you're smart enough to know the answers to your questions without being informed by OUR WORTHLESS media."

Good point. Just on the off chance . . . they were not going to make it about guns and general violence.

------------

And you are correct. It says a lot that there was no thread until cops were killed. Extrapolate that to society at large.
 memtoo
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/8/2016 9:49:04 AM
^^^^^ about you? Dee, quit being so much of a Narcissist. . . this might break your heart . . . but you are pretty irrelevant to me. I don't really care what you believe or what you opine. I just don't get why you mentioned immigration when that has nothing to do with what happened in Dallas.

I understand you are a conservative and you a strong supporter of the Grifter Trump, and have bought into every nonsensical thing he says. He told you what is important and so you believe it is important. "I get that". But get this . . . believe what you want. You have the absolute right to do so. It doesn't bother me in the least. I mention it at times because this is a message board after all.
 gtomustang
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/8/2016 10:23:10 AM
well, Ben, since you asked, here's what I see at the moment. I see a presidential candidate who more than once tells his followers to deal with contrarian demonstrators by beating them to a pulp. its the way things used to be handled, when you didn't like someone's opinion, so it just has to be the right way. he'll even cover the expenses, he wouldn't do that if it wasn't the just way to respond to things, right? Does the message, "violence is the answer" contribute to any of this? does violence beget violence? it might.

What about divisiveness? instead of saying, "America has problems, we're all in this together", I and everyone else hears the dog whistle, "see that group over there? they're to blame for all your problems! oh, and that one over there, too! every group is out to steal from you!". Does that convince people they and their own are under siege...and maybe should do something about it, like perhaps "send a few out on a stretcher"? in times of crisis, do we want to hear a leader crow about how smart he was to predict it, or do we want a leader who says we're all in this together?

Should a president fix police problems on a local level? well, it has been suggested that training should be uniform for every state. that there might be a problem with some police departments not having the training in how to deal with mentally-deranged subjects out to hurt themselves, how to deal with race relations (yes, my home state of CT keeps getting bad marks for this) and should there be a report the Justice Dept can look at if its asked to step in and investigate, and so on and so forth. If there isn't already a universal standard for LEO training (And hey, let's throw campus cops in there as well), maybe we can look into that. or maybe tighten up the one that exists, if indeed standards from one state to another are noticeably different.

Some say police shootings under the Obama administration are lower than others, but since records aren't standardized (see above), that's in question

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/dec/03/marc-morial/are-deaths-police-shootings-highest-20-years/

I think its harder to argue, however, that the media doesn't feed the bloodlust. If it bleeds, it leads, is the motto of most media. It glues eyes to the TV or paper, and that means they can charge more for ads since they have more eyeballs. I don't think the president, however, is a magic silver bullet solution. We have a presidential candidate promoting violence, yes. and a political party promoting divisiveness and fear. we have a culture promoting open carry in case they need to defend themselves, not thinking a group they don't like might do the same against them. shortsightedness, indeed.

and most importantly, every time there's, we go...oh darn, another one, nothing we can do, let's not overreact, its natural and normal and we can't do a darn thing about it. but when another one follows, we're shocked and surprised that someone actually believed us. our inaction seems to support the idea that picking up a gun and solving our problems is what John Wayne and Chuck Norris and any other manly man does. except that they're always on the right side.

there's no one silver bullet. but there are a few to consider. we've created them for years, they won't be undone overnight.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Multiple officers killed by snipers at Dallas protest over police killings