Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HealthNut777
Msg: 1
Tattoos or No Tattoos?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I'm still trying to figure out if a tattoo really attracts women? I was thinking of getting one soon, but I just don't know if it's worth it from a dating standpoint. What do you think? It does seem nowadays that women are flocking to men with tattoos on the arms, chest and I never really got into that.
 AgentNinety9
Msg: 2
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 7:49:15 AM
Whaaaaaaat? Sure a tattoo might get the momentary attention of a woman who likes tattoos, but maybe she hates your particular choice of flaming skulls because she's a die-hard Irezumi fan. And even if she loves your tattoo, she isn't going to be dating your tattoo if you get my drift. Then again, the woman of your dreams may loathe tattoos. Now you'll have to hope she can look past it to date the rest of you. I see your dilemma.

but I just don't know if it's worth it from a dating standpoint

Better safe than sorry I guess.
 dameunbaso
Msg: 3
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 8:23:16 AM
Tattooed women like tattooed guys.
If you want a tat, get something that has meaning an relevance instead of one of those useless messages you find so many times.
 reintree
Msg: 4
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 8:26:46 AM
YOU attract women, YOU, usually fully clothed and looking dashing. A woman is attracted to you, all of you, not your tattoo or your ear piercing. At least any woman worthy is chasing after guys with tattoos and hoping the rest falls into place.

I like tattoo's, I don't like mega tattoo's. I don't like face or neck tattoos. I don't like tongue piercing or eyebrow piercing but that's me.

If you want a tattoo, get one. If its not your thing, don't get one. And don't get one because you think the chicks dig it, that is just dumb.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 5
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 8:27:27 AM
It depends on the tat

Example :

" Nice guy " won't be nearly as effective as " Bad ass mofo "

Size and placement are also important

Only diehards will appreciate a tat on the FACE
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 6
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 8:55:18 AM
^^^^
+1

A tat near the twat of her ex-homey's name, Rojelio, in beautiful Calligraphy, is a downer for this camper.

Remember, a butterfly on the back becomes a moth in the crack.
 Coma_White
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 10:50:34 AM
Makes no difference.
 ndm147
Msg: 8
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 11:44:46 AM
I am out of your dating range ( too old) but never had an interest in tattoos personally or on men. Then recently I met a guy who had his entire arms tattooed. I thought it was sexy. But for work and certain events he has to wear long sleeved shirts to cover them up. He got the extensive tattoos after his divorce; out of anger for the ex and a new outlook on life.

My niece who is closer to your age and worked corporate till more recently (she now tends bar) got matching arm tattoos (very visible) with her current boyfriend. The tattoos are nicely done. But I wonder, if this relationship hits the dust, if she will regret it.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 3:00:31 PM
25 years back I never wanted a woman with a tattoo. Now I don't care so much - even a whole arm or back - if it's not something repulsive to me, it's not a biggie. Names are a different matter - I don't want to read someone's name every time I see her. Names are a deal-killer.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 10
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 3:05:54 PM

25 years back I never wanted a woman with a tattoo.

Well, 25 years back, few women had tattoos, so it wasn't much of a concern.

Now, it's all the rage across most age groups.

At least here in Southern Calif.
 daynadaze
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 4:08:03 PM
I don't like tattoos at all. It's one thing to have a tattoo and another to be covered in them, too many tattoos just look like your skin is dirty, to me. To each his own. I would never get something done just in hopes of attracting someone, I would only get a tattoo (if I were you) if you wanted one or more.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 5:13:52 PM
Most tattooed women that I've ever met, I didn't like. They don't seem to think about when that tat turns blue, and starts getting blurry. I've seen several old men with them. Looks like blue smear to me. A good many of them, are mouthy, belligerent, sometimes bossy, and don't have too much self control. Wanna look cheap? Get a tat. And no, I don't have any. I do have the real, manly tats-called scars.
 cookymaker
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 6:47:03 PM
My late husband had just one tattoo. It was a small heart with a banner across it on his forearm.
The banner was blank. While he was sleeping -- I would fill in the blank with various things.. MOM, FIDO (our cat's name) and one time just for fun BRUCE. He didn't think that one was funny. His co-workers did though LOL He worked in a print shop with several other bikers. They looked forward to what I would come up with next.

I don't mind a tattoo or two, but the ones that seem to have every free space on their bodies covered in ink are a big turn off.

I personally would never get one. Cannot imagine anything I would forever and it is expensive and painful to have them removed.
 reintree
Msg: 14
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 6:52:30 PM
Most guys I've met that weren't tattooed had a grumpy attitude and a small penis and haven't had sex since Nixon was president.

I love generalizations.

Can scars be womanly too, I have a few scars.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 15
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 8:11:39 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if a tattoo really attracts women?

what kinda women are you looking to attract, where and for what?
If you want biker chicks or bar chicks then I guess you will need to get some tattoos and good ones

It does seem nowadays that women are flocking to men with tattoos on the arms, chest

again, that depends in what groups you associate with.
There are countless women out there that hate tattoos in all forms.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 9:04:01 PM
Here's my opinion of tattoos.
They are sooooooo common place now, I could not care less. Not once has a tattoo given' me goose bumps, or ???? I don't even bother to look, anymore, to see what the pic is or what the letters spell. Now tats on the face? Drive me nuts! Just f'n weird!

Newest supervisor at work, has to wear an 'arm sleeve' with his short sleeved polo shirts to hide his full arm tattoo. Company policy. Looks goofy to me.

OP, Come up with a better idea to sweep the ladies off their feet!
 sun___flower
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 9:22:13 PM
I have yet to see a person who looks better with a tattoo than they would without it.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 18
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 9:24:14 PM
^^^
Very true.

I've yet to see a BBW with I want Sex tattooed on her forehead :(
 moraima
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/15/2016 9:24:43 PM
"They don't seem to think about when that tat turns blue, and starts getting blurry."

???

FYI Recolour every 20 years.

I have a tiny tattoo in my neck which I got 20 yrs. ago. Had it recoloured in March. It wasn't turning blue or blurred. After 20 yrs., it was simply pale in colour.

Half my eyebrows had just quit growing, so I decided to get my eyebrows tattooed, shortly after I had my tattoo recoloured. I knew someone who had her brows tattooed and they ended up pencil thin. I so didn't want that crazy thin brow. The tattoo artist (recommended to me by a doctor friend) drew brows on me and asked my opinion. Worked tattooing my brows until I was happy. Strangest thing was no one noticed. Not a single person realized my brows where not natural. Happy, happy me.

As far as dating goes, I don't think tattoos make one blind bit of difference.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/16/2016 1:02:12 AM

Cannot imagine anything I would forever and it is expensive and painful to have them removed.

I got a temporary henna tattoo on vacation once - it faded in a few weeks. It cost me $5.
~ But you could not pay me to watch someone's kids or pets. ~
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Dee plane boss, dee plane?
Posted: 7/16/2016 1:26:08 AM
My Ex’s sister had a tattoo of her first “true love”s name burned over her left breast. It said “Butch”. Of course, he turned out to be a jerk, and she dumped him.

Years later, she was still trying to figure out what to do about the tattoo, since it was rather awkward for any new boyfriends to stay horny while looking at “Butch” bouncing around. She’d heard that removal leaves a scar, so that was out. The ex just told her to change it to B!tch (they didn’t get along very well).

The only suggestion I could tell her was to have it changed to say “Botched”. :-D

All I can say is if you’re going to burn something into your skin, make sure it’s something you KNOW you’ll still be into in 20 or 30 years.
 hemingway234
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Dee plane boss, dee plane?
Posted: 7/16/2016 11:10:28 AM
It's only one of a 1,000 of your attributes, so it's not worth thinking about.

I was thinking about getting a tattoo on my backside: "If you can read this, you are too close!"

On the front I could put: "Objects may appear smaller than they really are!"
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/16/2016 12:36:08 PM

I just don't know if it's worth it from a dating standpoint. What do you think?

I think you've got the cart before the horse. Once you've found the woman you'll spend the rest of your life with, let HER decide if you should get a tattoo.
Meanwhile, if all you want to do is attract women. Get a convertible. At least if it doesn't do what it's meant to do, you can get rid of it easily.
 south_city
Msg: 24
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/16/2016 2:08:57 PM
A few small and/or well placed tats is okay. In general, I'm not attracted to women that have tats all over their bodies.
 IgottaName
Msg: 25
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/16/2016 3:32:01 PM
You get ink for your self. You don't get ink to get chics.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?