Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > S'OT!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hostess68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
S'OT!Page 1 of 1    
Bloomin hot! How do you feel about about the heat? Do you embrace it or are you a typical Brit like me and moan when its hot and moan when its cold? Are you like me stuck to your leather sofa? Do you combat it by covering yourself with Boots foot cooling gel and stick the fan on (that might be just me) or do have any other advice on staying coooool man cooooll x
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/20/2016 3:19:43 AM
Beer and ice cream are my secret weapons vs the hot.
 Aggers
Msg: 3
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/20/2016 9:08:33 AM
^^^^^

Whole heartedly agree with Mark, as above!

Only time I get testy when hot, is when sat in traffic in the car! The rest of the time I embrace it.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 4
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/20/2016 10:23:02 AM
^^^^^^^^^^
It's very hot but my favourite place is in my car in this weather, my air con is so effective it's like sitting in the freezer, I love it.
Apart from a couple of cool showers every day, ice lollies,loads of water and dossing between two fans, I don't do anything else.
 wonky1968
Msg: 5
S'OT!
Posted: 7/20/2016 11:02:09 AM
I went for a 2 hour drive last night just to get some air con. I don't care if i get called a whinger it's just too bloody hot, the problem with the UK is we get 360 days of grey skies and drizzle and then from nowhere comes 5 days of blistering, tarmac melting heat with no chance to acclimatise.

I'm off out for a drive.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 6
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/20/2016 11:41:24 AM
The Michael Fish definition of an English summer - 'two fine days and a thunderstorm'...........

Julian2807
Msg: 7
S'OT!
Posted: 7/20/2016 1:10:24 PM
I just stay on the production line of the biscuit factory (Jacobs) where they have the first aiders going round putting cold flannels around the backs of our necks so we don't have to stop working. You think its hot outside try working in a place with a couple of dozen industrial ovens at full blast and the air conditioning blowing out hot air because it goes though the oven area before it reaches the factory floor.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 8
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/20/2016 1:53:41 PM
Good lord. I wanted summer. I didn't expect all of summer packed into one day!
 Hostess68
Msg: 9
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/20/2016 2:30:23 PM
Now covered in beer and ice cream and boots cooling foot gel! I work in a hotter place than the crackers and can top trump that one lol
 Aggers
Msg: 10
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/21/2016 5:18:13 AM
Oh yes, a sticky club/pub/disco with 250 gyrating and boogieing is a lovely nice place in this hot sticky weather. Especially when the building is that old there is no air-con and they cannot open the windows!

My car doesn't have air-con :( made before they used to put it in cars.

But hey ho, we've had 3 days now so just the thunderstorm and then back to normal.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 11
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/21/2016 9:05:29 AM
I either switch the air con on or jump into the Porsche with electric hood and drive a bit quick like!
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 12
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/21/2016 9:59:17 AM
I don't complain about the cold. I quite like it and if I feel too chilly I just put on my thermal undies, luvverly warm shark onesie and three pairs of socks.

Being a ginger paleface I don't cope with extreme heat very well though I'm much better than I used to be.

Luckily ( in the summer anyway) I live in a freezing cold house. It's bliss on a boiling day coming home into a fridge. Car is too old for air con though so have to put up with air coming in that's as hot as the outside. Usually have some little battery fans to stick on the dash.

My favourite thing in hot weather is garden tea. I pick a bundle of stuff like mint , lemon balm , lavender or whatever , stuff it in the pot with a peach or a lemon sliced up , sometimes with a tea bag , sometimes not , pour on hot water. Can let it cool or add some ice cubes but it's really refreshing warm too.

Bowl of icy water to put your feet in....cools the rest of you right down. Did that one time at a campsite way up the top of Scotland somewhere.No idea where their water came from but I thought my bones were gonna break it was so cold.
 try1more
Msg: 13
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/21/2016 7:24:34 PM
^^^
ha ha ha smarter than me then!
back in my youth i dived into a loch from a jetty on a very hot day in scotland.
felt like liquid nitrogen, couldn't get out fast enough :-)
didn't realise such a massive and deep body of water wouldn't be warm in all that sun...fool!

since found out it can be quite dangerous to do that called "cold shock response" it "can" kill you, if not from taking a sharp intake of breath (not the best thing to do if you're under water) it can cause (in some ) a heart failure.

your blood passes all round your body like the water in heating radiators so cooling your feet/legs is a good idea adding ice will keep the temp around zero until all the ice melts adding salt to the water will drive the temperature below zero, beware of doing that though.
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 14
S'OT!
Posted: 7/21/2016 10:22:31 PM
Gone are the days here where we could run under sprinklers as kids and turn the hose on each other. Our water restrictions (in my state) are very strict. Many of us wash our cars with a bucket and a sponge in place of car washes and even then we're encouraged to do so on the lawn or nature strip and chuck the used water on our gardens.
 gimllog
Msg: 15
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/22/2016 3:44:54 AM
beer and ice-cream sounds good to me , it does seem that people are more happier when the weather hots up , or maybe its just the fact that people wear less clothing . A cold beer and ice-cream sat outside a pub people watching ,i could live with that ,,,
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 16
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/22/2016 12:56:13 PM
haha Try.... a long long time ago I threw myself into the sea in Torquay at the beginning of March.Two strokes in and I thought better of heading for 'that rock over there'. I literally couldn't breathe and it felt like my heart was being squeezed in a vice. I've never been quite sure why I thought this was a good idea.
 fatface68
Msg: 17
S'OT!
Posted: 7/22/2016 10:43:15 PM
The cold has really been getting to me over the last few years, so I really try not to complain about these few really hot days we get. BUT, my main hobby is zoo photography and although lovely sunny days mean I don't struggle so much for light, the animals become less active and the zoos more packed with moaning kids and doddery old folk, lol!
I did spend most of monday/tuesday paddling along Bournemouth beach which was ace!
 G3 M1 N1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/25/2016 11:31:24 AM
When your 6 or 7, even other childhood days ages, you ran around all day in it, got up to mischief, occasionally ran in to mum, said, its hot, got given home made ginger beer if lucky, council pop if not, before racing off for another few hours in the blistering heat.
Now your older, the sun shines a few minutes, it gets warm, everyone moans .... 17 weeks, will be snow rain or hail, enjoy what we have!

Oh, a PS of sorts .... today's molly coddled lil dahlings will never understand that scenario ..... they have pokemon and xbox ;)
 SimonF114
Msg: 19
S'OT!
Posted: 7/27/2016 5:18:31 PM
Hasn't been too bad for me, still much more of an Autumn/Winter person. It was hot on holiday to Turkey a few years back... 52C! 44 in the shade. lol
 Lorri55
Msg: 20
view profile
History
S'OT!
Posted: 7/29/2016 8:48:05 AM
It's the clamminess up here (Scotland) that I am finding sair tae bear! Today is cloudy and dark (lamps on as I type) ...and yet I had a week on the Isle of Lewis in early May and the sun was blistering hot and skies the most cloudless blue ever!
Roll on Rhodes in August .....
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > S'OT!