Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > My About Me section keeps vanishing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 1
view profile
History
My About Me section keeps vanishingPage 1 of 1    
This is just weird.
I spend some time typing up my About Me section, I click the Update Profile button, and it's fine for a few minutes or an hour or several hours. And when I come back to check it later, it's gone. And so is my headline. Totally blank. But the checkbox stuff is still there and so are my Interests.
This happened several times over a couple of days.
So I typed in some babble talk just to take up space, and checked it everyday for a week and it stayed there, no problem. So I thought the site had been experiencing a glitch that was finally fixed.
So I go back and typed in my About Me section again, clicked on the Update Profile button, and checked on my text for the next 10-15 minutes and all appeared fine. Then came back an hour later and it had *poof'd* again!
What do you suppose is going on?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 2
My About Me section keeps vanishing
Posted: 7/20/2016 9:56:07 PM
Unless women are within 14 years of age 99, they can't contact you, and you can't contact them. I doubt if that has anything to do with it, but you might want to consider being truthful about your age, since you mention that you're in your sixties in the About Me section of your profile.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/20/2016 11:04:13 PM
Your About Me seems to be showing now.

Also keep in mind that PoF only allows you to amend your birthdate for two weeks following registration. If you go out of bounds, you'll have to delete and start again.
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2016 4:28:10 AM
Thanks for your responses and suggestions. My about me section is definitely a work in progress and not much of an attention holder. I'm surprised y'all could read the whole thing without falling asleep. But first. I need to make it stay put for more than a few hours. It's been about 6 hours this time which is better than the last try. The only thing different this time is, I left out my "View History" links. I've had two other screen names over the years so I had included those links too. I can't imagine why including them, or not, would matter but I'm grasping at straws here.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/21/2016 7:11:10 AM
Yup, the links are probably what got your About Me nuked.
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2016 8:05:00 AM
Okay good. Thanks for the confirmation on that. I was still pretty unsure.
 helnback
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/21/2016 8:20:18 AM
Why is you age listed as 99? I'm sure you're a little younger than 99. That's the age your profile says when I view it. But....I do see an About Me section pretty much filled out. Too bad you're so damn old, I'd send you a message. lol JK
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2016 11:04:43 AM

Why is you age listed as 99

It's like a Mail filter of sorts.

But my question is, why is this thing allowing me to post more than 2 messages out of the last 10?
Is that not the rule in this forum? I'm usually stymied by that one.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > My About Me section keeps vanishing