Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lightskinwarrior54
Msg: 1
QuestionPage 1 of 1    
I'm finding it hard to relate to women when I'm on a date, in the past 2 years I've been on and off this website and I must have had a good 15-20 dates but the common thing I've been getting is either ignored or "I didn't feel a connection" My hobbies include working out, video games, cooking, and enjoying nature, I feel like none of them would interest women, also I'm an introvert but a great listener any advice as to what could be happening?
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 2
Question
Posted: 8/3/2016 6:47:26 PM
Perhaps you're not trying anything on the dates. Luck favors the bold. You're not trying to kiss or any other contact? Sometimes when they say they didn't feel a connection, it's sour grapes because they feel rejected you didn't try anything.

Maybe you're being too much of a nice guy.

"Good listener" = enabler, friend zone.

You're probably right about video games. Working out is a mixed bag. Bodybuilding while admiring oneself in the mirror is douchey. Cooking you can keep secret. Nature is rarely an interest for women on online sites; they tend to prefer the bar scene. Not drinking is rare for most Western women.
 Lightskinwarrior54
Msg: 3
Question
Posted: 8/3/2016 7:18:51 PM
I make out with girls on almost every date, but very rarely do get a second one.
I guess you might be right about the bar scene, I personally don't drink though so I wouldn't find a connection that way
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 4
Question
Posted: 8/3/2016 7:27:56 PM

Nature is rarely an interest for women on online sites;

Seriously?

Here in Southern California, I constantly come across profiles of women listing hiking as an interest, accompanied by photos of themselves out on hikes in the local mountains and deserts.
I just came across one woman's profile with the headline " I am a person who loves the outdoors".

I'm finding it hard to relate to women when I'm on a date

I must have had a good 15-20 dates but the common thing I've been getting is either ignored or "I didn't feel a connection"

any advice as to what could be happening?

You enjoy the "chase" of getting the dates, but don't enjoy being on the dates as much?
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 5
Question
Posted: 8/3/2016 7:33:10 PM
I dunno. Perhaps your "make out" technique isn't up to snuff.
 Lightskinwarrior54
Msg: 6
Question
Posted: 8/3/2016 8:57:57 PM
I don't really chase women much, things just fizzle out after one date and I'm constantly forced to move on.
For example my last date, we talked for about half an hour, things seemed to be going well she was giving full eye contact, running her fingers through her hair, asking me open ended questions etc. We went to see a movie after our conversation and said our goodbyes and kissed, then next day I get a message from her saying I didn't feel we connected well, I was actually pretty shocked because on my end I was thinking the exact opposite
 aintnodeal
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Question
Posted: 8/3/2016 11:31:44 PM

Sometimes when they say they didn't feel a connection, it's sour grapes because they feel rejected you didn't try anything.

I agree with the spirit of this statement. Why are you trying to get a date? You want to get laid. You want companionship. You want to change your dreary life. The way to change it is to CHANGE it - that means you need to GO FOR IT when you're on a date. Your experience is that you seldom get a second chance - so what have you got to lose?

You want to live a different lifestyle, then you need to do that on the FIRST DATE, not 10 dates or 3 months down the line. As they say, "leave it all out on the field". If you're just going to tip-top around every date, why should she call you back? Another boring guy who didn't do sh!t.

The formula for life success also applies to dating:
- Who must I BE? ( Be THAT guy that's interesting)
- What must I DO? ( Do Something, Anything!)
- So that I may HAVE? ( Get the girl)
 hemingway234
Msg: 8
Question
Posted: 8/5/2016 9:19:04 AM
For starters, a picture might help.
 BHinFL
Msg: 9
Question
Posted: 8/5/2016 11:59:15 AM

Don't let FullMoonGuy see this!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 10
Question
Posted: 8/5/2016 12:35:45 PM

Don't let FullMoonGuy see this!

Too late.

He already got the dates.
How is a picture going to help him make the date turn out better?
 south_city
Msg: 11
Question
Posted: 8/5/2016 1:10:47 PM
It's the nature of OLD. I think most first dates / meetings don't lead to a relationship or even a second date. Many people have high expectations here. They want instant chemistry. Otherwise they quickly lose interest. And/or they also have the "grass is greener" attitude. Plus even when a date goes well people can change their minds due to a variety of reasons.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 12
Question
Posted: 8/6/2016 4:00:05 AM
I think the common interest thing is over rated.

If they found you physically attractive, they probably wouldn't care much about your video game collection.

You're either shooting out of your league or giving off a creep vibe.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Question