Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Spider      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 2
SpiderPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'd eat it. I'm pretty sure you'd smoke it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Spider
Posted: 8/10/2016 12:09:51 AM
I'd call Chloe in, she's our hunter warrior cat, she catches any bugs who come in. Some times she eats them, ugh, but mostly she just kills them, meows at us to praise her and then looks for more bugs that may be around. If it was up too high for her, I'd throw a shoe at it.
 Llookingformynextmistake
Msg: 5
Spider
Posted: 8/10/2016 5:42:48 AM
Spiders I have no problems with, but a centipede will have me standing on a chair and screaming. I had one chase me down one time that was at least 3 feet long. (ok, maybe 3 inches but who knew at that moment). My ex is still laughing. That was 15 yrs ago. *shiver*.

Le Pew
 2ufo
Msg: 6
Spider
Posted: 8/10/2016 6:36:27 AM
I was on a trip to the jungles on the Amazon river. When I went up to my room in the building made of banana palm fronds there were two spiders in the frame of my bed, one is a crack of the headpost, one in a crack of the footpost.

They were HUGE!!! A matching set of dinner plate and salad plate sizes.

I went down to the kitchen for a large iron skillet (knowing that nothing smaller would kill these monsters) but the cook told me that spiders were good. (Spanish wasn't her primary language or mine, but we figured it out with a lot of hand gestures.)

So, I didn't kill them, but, of course, I didn't go to sleep either, cowering on the middle of the mattress. There was a rustle in the palm fronds that made the roof. Then more rustles and I just knew there were more spiders there also - but down drops a****oach the size of my shoes!! (size 8) Out jump the spiders, down their respective posts, across the floor and... crunch, crunch, crunch! No more****oaches!

Ok, I could deal with that and went to sleep (though still in a tightly curled ball).

My roommate, however, couldn't and slept during the day in the downstairs hammock.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Spider
Posted: 8/10/2016 7:38:40 AM
Spiders seems to be increasing. Have a few good spider bites and blazing rashes/pain which accompany them, and you’ll feel like going to war. I use to just ignore most spiders, but not any more. Ortho Home Defense is a good friend to have.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Spider
Posted: 8/10/2016 10:56:54 PM

You are ready to fall asleep, but notice a spider on a web it has made near your bed. Don't know which kind of spider.
What would you do?

To find out what kind of spider it is? I'd turn on my TV in the bedroom, and search on Kodi/XBMC (media app on a box attached to TV), looking for documentaries on Spiders to find out. I would also use my phone and take a picture of it and do a google image search, too. Oh, I'd find out what kind it was, if I was so inclined to know! :)

But for me, I don't care about regular every day small spiders. If really near me in bed, kill it. If across the room -- ehh. I probably wouldn't remember seeing it the next day.
Spider
Posted: 8/11/2016 4:05:33 PM

What would you do?

Try to know what kind of spider it is - at least know what kinds are bad in your area...

...I was staying somewhere once that was "rustic", and when I first checked out where I'd be sleeping, I saw that there were maybe a dozen spiders and their webby stuff above me on the bottom of a top bunk. I saw that they were a form of harvestman spider, sometimes mistakenly called daddy long legs, and knew that these kind don't hurt you and they can hunt the kind that can hurt you. So I left them alone and considered myself lucky that I had some guardians there while I'd be asleep.

At least once I'd feel one crawl across my face in the middle of the night, and just let it make me feel safe. Didn't let it disturb me. How does that grab ya?
 Maleman999
Msg: 11
Spider
Posted: 8/11/2016 4:15:03 PM
I would get out the dust buster, and it would be sucked up and gone. The spiders in my area are civilized, so I don't have to worry about them eating any pets or gnawing my leg off, even though a lot of people with a spider phobia find that hard to believe.
 gtomustang
Msg: 12
Spider insider
Posted: 8/11/2016 7:20:14 PM
listen to what it whispers in the night. you'll be amazed at what you learn
 Llookingformynextmistake
Msg: 13
Spider insider
Posted: 8/12/2016 4:28:53 PM
This is absolutely the best "web" thread on here in a long time. LOL
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 14
Spider insider
Posted: 8/12/2016 10:00:31 PM
I have that now and then too, or it's just on the wall. I leave it alone too. I figure it's got his little agenda (hopefully hot crawling down onto my face) and he'll probably curl up and die shortly anyway.
If it's low enough and reachable, I'll point to it and get my cats attention on it. But unless its crawling on the ground, she's uninterested.
 PrairieNihilist
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Spider insider
Posted: 8/13/2016 2:26:53 AM
I'd make sure it was non-venomous and leave it be if it wasn't. If I couldn't be sure, then I'd just kill it.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 17
Spider insider
Posted: 8/13/2016 10:14:46 AM
I hope a radioactive spider bites me.

Then I just need to find a nice old lady to make me a suit that shoots webs that support 230lbs....
 junipermoon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Spider insider
Posted: 8/13/2016 11:11:06 AM
peppermint essential oil will repel spiders.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 19
Spider
Posted: 8/13/2016 3:31:52 PM
Get a broom and sweep it and the web outside. Duh
 deetristate
Msg: 20
Spider
Posted: 8/13/2016 6:11:23 PM
Near the bed, kill it, just so that I could sleep and i have no idea what kind it may be,

Anywhere else in or out, I let them be. They are seasonal and get rid of other annoying insects, like mosquitos.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 21
Spider
Posted: 8/13/2016 6:27:06 PM
There was a little one in the bathtub this morning. I need to get the world's tiniest rubber ducky.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 22
Spider
Posted: 8/13/2016 8:33:08 PM
I used to feel guilty for washing them down the drain, until I noticed they just curl up in a ball then uncurl when the water stop and start walking again. So i figure, or lie to myself perhaps, they it'll go down and latch on to a pipe somewhere. Then I close my drain so it doesn't crawl back.
My whole thinking is probably way off, but it makes me feel less guilty :)

"It's only a flesh wound"
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 24
Spider
Posted: 8/14/2016 5:25:33 AM
even
the tiniest spider
(sometimes)
casts a long shadow~
 daynadaze
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Spider
Posted: 8/14/2016 4:31:26 PM
I've been bitten by spiders a few times in my sleep, no thanks, it's my bed, they don't get to share. My mother was bitten by a brown recluse while asleep, she almost lost her leg, they like to be in among your linens. No thanks.
 cotter
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Spider
Posted: 8/14/2016 5:29:40 PM
I'm allergic to spider bites ... really allergic.

I remember I was hanging out the wash once and some little itty bitty shit bit my thumb ... swelled up bigger than a damn apricot! Damn spider wasn't any bigger than the head of a pin but the reaction was gigantic.

Spiders are more than welcome outdoors ... at least 3 feet from my house. Any closer and they are asking for it!

Spiders can only catch mosquitoes in their webs, they will not be catching any inside your house unless you have litghts on and the spider builds it's web close to the light source. If they don't build a web around your body and their are mosquitoes in your home ... you will get bitten.

Unless you have spiders that jump on flying insects ... you will be bothered by flies and mosquitoes and other flying insects. I have little faith in spiders catching and killing the kinds of insects that invade my home. I'm dealing with the ants with peanut butter and jelly and borax. They love it and take it back to their colonies and while it takes a while, it will eventually do the trick.

I spread borax around the foundation of my home to keep the spiders out. Borax will kill any insect or spider that grooms itself. I avoid spraying insect killers around my home especially where my blooming flowers grow since I do not want to kill any bees. The bees do not hang around the areas I spread the borax.
 gtomustang
Msg: 27
Spider
Posted: 8/14/2016 5:33:14 PM
I wanted to get the Spider Insider, but they told me I have enough issues.

"I need to get the world's tiniest rubber ducky"

>>>did you mean rubber dinghy for the spider? b/c I know the first time I read that, I was thinking of a different word, too.

I tend to get Daddy Longlegs in my neighborhood. No threat there, just an itch the next morning when they bite. Like some of the other "long legs" in my neighborhood.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Spider