Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Can forum posting be beneficial to prevent Alzheimer's?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 minimetoo
Msg: 2
Can forum posting be beneficial to prevent Alzheimer's?Page 1 of 1    
Google is your friend. Do a little research about Alzheimers.
 satx78218
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Can forum posting be beneficial to prevent Alzheimer's?
Posted: 10/25/2016 8:12:41 AM
LOL

Diet (and some well selected supplements) and exercise, yawn, are always the basis if prevention and therapy.
 brilliantdiguise
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/27/2016 8:59:00 PM
My mother did everything right regarding what "they" list as good for preventing Alzheimers ...food, walking, cycling, yoga, her own garden, active, played bridge, avid reader , etc. When it hits, it hits and it's horrible.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2016 11:15:55 AM
POF forum posting cannot help stave off Alzheimer's.

But it can make a person so crazy at times, that no one will notice his/her Alzheimer's
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/21/2016 11:24:52 AM
^^^^

You must've seen the " there's no such thing as an atheist " thread too

LMAO
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2016 10:14:16 PM
Butterchick --

I did my best to read the Atheist forum. Got through about a page and a half. Then, for some unexplained reason I got to thinking about philosophical drunks in neighborhood bars.
 bobbyjo101
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/4/2017 10:43:12 AM
I don't think it would be of enough benefit to make a notable difference. People posting in the forums are spouting off their own opinions of what they already presume to know. It isn't learning anything new. There might be a tipping point to where the brain is too far gone to be able to make enough of a come back to regain any notable improvement in functioning. It probably has to be a lifetime of continued learning. If you just start trying to exercise your brain when you already have alzheimer's then the rate of the disease may be faster than the rate which you can learn new information which would be exacerbated by the alzheimer's preventing the person from retaining the new information they learned.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/4/2017 1:06:50 PM
Not for most folks at least not at this particular site. "Learning new stuff" is what helps but 95%+ here have completely closed minds, heads buried in the sand, fingers stock in the ears and are mostly here to comiserate and vent. It's to be expected with no visible moderators.

I'm an occasional participant at a couple of motorcycle Forums which are a whole different fruit altogether.
 forumslady
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/4/2017 6:30:43 PM
mysticalworld- As much as people are joking, engaging the brain can ward of dementia, but not Alzheimer's.
I can't bring myself to joke. I've seen it, worked with it, watched it happen.
It's caused by 3 factors: Environment, genetics and lifestyle.
Right now, it's being said genetics doesn't play as much as role as the other two.
Having been around it and seen it so much, I think with more research it's going to turn out that genetic's play more of a role than thought right now.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2017 10:07:12 AM
I think if you are socially isolated and already in decline, a forum can provide a social outlet.

But if you are function and social, I think forums will contribute to a more rapid decline.

So forum posts may help some that in more dire straits, but hurt those that have a outside social life. And even hurt those that have no medical problems.

As much I enjoy this mindless waste of time, I also conclude that for me, it's past time for a sabbatical from politics in general and the forum.
 cooldog65
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2017 10:56:55 AM

Butterchick

Sounds like a BBW...
 tablata
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/26/2017 3:25:06 PM
Slaffa, can I ask why you have the photos you have in your profile? Are you transgender, a cross-dresser? I mean... those oiled legs in high heels? Wow.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2017 6:28:38 PM
Diet and exercise can be beneficial to prevent Alzheimer's, not forum posting.

From my experience, whenever I spent too much time in the forums to read and post comments, I felt headache afterwards because of the long time sitting and facing the PC screen, and my eyes would feel tired and blurry. And that's not good for my health. Also, sometimes I felt depressed because I learned there were/are so many problems and crazy things in the world.

Of course, I learned lots of good things. But that does not help to prevent Alzheimer's. That disease is genetic.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2017 10:10:14 AM

I don't think being mentally sharp is going to fully prevent it -- and forums taken the right way can aid in being mentally sharp when consumed the right way over time, sure (as opposed to zoning out). Being mentally sharp can help minimize Alzheimers, and I don't think general forum use is going to be the best mental-sharpening tool.
 julystorm7
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/28/2018 1:06:49 PM
I'm not sure I buy the research that says doing mental exercises prevents or delays dementia systems. I've seen too many people who live a very mentally enriching lifestyle who've developed bad dementia.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Can forum posting be beneficial to prevent Alzheimer's?