Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review please :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lx37
Msg: 1
profile review please :)Page 1 of 1    
Hi could someone please review my profile. I'm not getting any responses from anyone who I message.

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=125614347

I've tried messaging a few people (around 10) and have goten no reply. I try and message with something based off of their profile or i'll say something along the lines of "hey there :)" or "hi my name amir, (i think your really pretty/ or I read your profile, you seem like an interesting person) and if it's okay with you I'd like to get to know you better" - When i sent these messages I thought to be nice and respectful while conveying interest but I have goten ignored. I'm hoping some of the ladies on this forum could possibly read this post and guide me, tell me where I'm messing up here.
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
profile review please :)
Posted: 8/15/2016 6:34:07 PM
First things first - you are a drop-dead gorgeous young man with a banging body. That being said...

You truly don't look like you'd be any fun to spend time with going on your photos alone. You truly and urgently need a smiling head shot for your main. Too many gym photos (without additional variety) may also give the impression you are one of 'those guys'. If would be good to get a casual photo of you at work, if possible, and maybe something else outdoors not in sweats?

Consider a couple of Interests that your viewer may also be able to participate with or enjoy - got a favourite musician/genre/group? favourite comedian?

If a girl gets past all the gym photos, your Interests field just reinforces the obsession. This is great if you are targeting women who also live in the gym. But if that's the case, why not introduce yourself to the women in your gym already?

Do try for a headline with humour. It's conspicuous in its absence.

Your messages as you've described will generally be ignored as they are not specific to the girl's profile and don't ask a question which gives her an easy way to respond. Of course you think she's cute/pretty, you contacted her, right? It's also assumed you read her profile and would like to meet her/get to know her better. Instead -
Open with one statement about one topic in her profile.
Comment on how it relates to or interests you.
Ask her a question about it so she can respond.
Sign off with only your first name.

But first - a smiling main photo to top off the gift that is you.
 sloan63
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/17/2016 1:26:21 AM
Hello! There is nothing wrong with your profile. I would suggest adding natural pictures, show your fun side. There is nothing wrong with an athletic body, some women want just an average guy. Talk about things you like to do that a girl can see herself doing with you. If you like bowling, or going to the movies say so. Relax and keep trying. Cast a wider net!!!
 call_me_tater
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/17/2016 3:21:58 PM
2 gym pics not necessary--delete the flexing one.
Get some more head shots and smile in 1.
You don't look approachable or happy. You must know that since it's in your text.

5 short sentences isn't enough.
Need to sound friendly and fun.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2016 6:42:43 PM
You are an attractive guy but most women dont want to see you in boxing gloves. It comes across as aggressive and a bit scary. I find that sport abhorrent and for that reason I would not consider you. Look at it from a female perspective. Try to show some smiling pics, doing something outdoors perhaps and doing a non threatening activity.
 lx37
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/14/2018 5:50:15 AM
Please review profile. Ladies your input is greatly appreciated :)
https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=157879332
 Forums_only
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/14/2018 8:19:57 AM
My original post still stands.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review please :)