Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Woman's profile claims "Plenty of Freaks."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 1
Woman's profile claims "Plenty of Freaks."Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I came across a woman's profile yesterday, devoid of any content in the body of her profile,
except to say that men on here are "plenty of freaks."

I wrote to her, a brief but polite message: "Calling people you don't know names like 'freaks'
won't help your cause."

She wrote back. I checked her profile. The words 'plenty of freaks' were now in capitals,
upper case, with additional words -- "stop sending me advice."

I didn't open her message. I deleted it. I wasn't even tempted.

My question is, why would a woman who has taken the time to join a dating site call men she doesn't
know by names like 'freaks'?

How are we men to take this? With a pinch of the proverbial? If so, we silently agree that it's OK to
write things like this. I for one would rather be dateless for the rest of my life. I can't believe the way
things are going. Honestly.

Best wishes -
Peter
 kj521
Msg: 2
Woman's profile claims Plenty of Freaks.
Posted: 8/26/2016 3:14:06 PM
"My question is, why would a woman who has taken the time to join a dating site call men she doesn't
know by names like 'freaks'?"

Because she can, Peter. Any other answer would just be a guess.....since only SHE knows why she created that profile.

A more important question would be to ask yourself......Why does it bother ME so much?

Best wishes. :)
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/26/2016 3:32:59 PM

A more important question would be to ask yourself . . . Why does it bother ME so much? -- Kj521

I find that, as I age, as my health declines, as I become even more sensitive, there is so much that I notice now that I never noticed before. I wouldn't have given this the time of day.

As you said, Kj521, she said it "because she can." The rest is superfluous.

Best wishes, and thanks for responding.

- Peter
 kj521
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/26/2016 3:41:59 PM
Peter,

I am sorry to hear your health is declining. I find that it is even more important during times of difficulty to always try to see the goodness in others. Sometimes it is difficult to find in which case you simply look elsewhere. Being able to recognize and appreciate the goodness all around you helps you to see and appreciate your own blessings.

All my best. :)
 Walts
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/26/2016 3:47:24 PM

I find that, as I age, as my health declines, as I become even more sensitive, there is so much that I notice now that I never noticed before

Well, obviously you are going backwards. As we age, less and less should be bothersome to us. Unless, of course, you have been living under a rock all the years before now. As I age, I am surprised less and less by people, their actions, and expectations. I get less upset, and a little more free in my opinion of the phucktards. Not that it matters to the phucktards, cause they , well, phucktards.

I wouldn't disregard how the young lady's profile defines some of the people here. I almost would agree with her, especially whenever I look in the mirror!!!!!!! :O
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/26/2016 3:59:46 PM
Kj521, it’s interesting and coincidental that you speak about this theme of gratitude, even in the most trying times.

I was in McCafe last night, in my usual corner, licking my metaphorical wounds and reading my books, when a gentleman came over and asked if he could sit down. I motioned for him to join me, although there were other vacant seats. Would you believe we got talking for two hours? The flow was virtually non-stop.

It turns out that this gentleman, same age as me, who hails from Nelson here in New Zealand (think = Cape Cod), lost his $2 million house ten years ago and almost went bankrupt. He ended up staying in a pub, in a tiny room at $160 a week, so noisy “it was living in a tin can.” He said he ‘found God,’ and that He changed his life, brought him to his knees and stirred the ashes of gratitude in his heart -- after which things began to happen.

His name is Trevor, and he started to give to others, small things at first. A strange series of coincidences occurred and he found himself able to buy a first-class house overlooking the bay for a knock-down price. He now feeds the poor and hungry. He even has a monthly ‘sausage sizzle,’ a huge affair with all the trimmings, and everyone comes to his home – not just the hungry or the derelict. He says he has, for the first time in his life, “felt alive.”

I am grateful for your words, Kj521. They mean a great deal to me.

- Peter
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2016 5:00:38 PM
Another potential, at least slightly more positive take on such people/profiles...

I have seen in myself, as well as others, that when we are in emotional pain, it is very common for people to indulge in a variety of "lashing out" behaviors. And it's not actually bad to do some such "lashing."

The up side of people saying things like that, or the identical (though inverted) version of railing against themselves, is that it indicates that the potential and desire for love is still alive in them.

People who have ACTUALLY given up, who TRULY think that everyone here (or wherever they post it) is horrid, don't bother to write or speak at all. They just quietly desert their profiles and leave.

The best way to help someone who is in pain, is NOT to tell them they are wrong to resent being in pain, or wrong to react to the pain. Those of us who suffer our own pains, know that well, at least from within ourselves, but it's ironically common for us not to recognize it when we see it in others.

It's a funny world we live in. Especially for those of us who are supposed to wear the mantles of bravery or strength. We are supposed to pose as pillars of resistance to despair ourselves, but it's hard to balance that against our nearly equal admonition to be compassionate protectors. Especially when we are the ones suffering.
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/26/2016 5:08:58 PM
I have been reading your profiles for some time, Igor, and I can say without doubt that your posts are profound in their objectivity. They are forged upon the glowing crucible of commonsense.

You have considerable insight.

- Peter
Posted: 8/26/2016 6:23:56 PM
I have to say it guys...

...a woman says plenty of freaks on her profile. Who cares. Why care about such a thing. Why even message her as taking it personally? WHY in the WORLD would I care about that? I don't. Not one single quantum particle.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2016 6:57:02 PM
Beyond the matrix P.... I'm a guy and to me the whole wide world is a kind of freaky place. I am thinking women too may think along these lines or maybe some do? Maybe the lady you are referring to is a freak herself ? I would also be wondering what makes one a freak in one persons eyes, and perhaps absolutely normal in another persons eyes?

So, on that note I'd say either this lady has only had experience with men she has judged as being "freaky" or maybe she is putting out her feelers for the freakiest individual she can attract. Hell, I'd write her a note if I were you. You can never tell when you could find a freak waiting to get it on.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2016 7:38:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qQ1SKNlgY
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/26/2016 8:21:43 PM
Omg! I've met Trevor. Super nice guy. He sat next to me on the bus one morning, expressing, in a roundabout way, concern for my soul. I expressed, in a roundabout way, that alas, I had already sold my soul to the devil. Trevor did not seem to want to continue our conversation :(

I felt kinda sad because this seemingly nice guy did not seem willing to risk his soul to try to rescue my soul. Seems a bit selfish.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/26/2016 8:29:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qQ1SKNlgY

No, no, no...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCbXRuMsvd0
 deetristate
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/27/2016 4:45:12 AM
She probably met someone on here and he turned out to be terrible ( after weeks or months of greatness) and so she is frustrated.

But it must not have been all bad because she is looking again.

But then again, a lot of people on here find insults and derision funny (you know, Seinfeld unkindness)

so maybe that is her sense of humor and given the audience, she thought that someone here would match it.
 Jo van
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/27/2016 5:08:52 AM
I think you should write to every single profile, which contains any words, or pictures, which you don't like.
Also, start stopping people in the street, if you disapprove of their looks, speech, or behaviour, and tell them so.

It's time you took a stand, on behalf of us men, everywhere.
Good luck Peter.
We're all relying on you.
 gtomustang
Msg: 16
why do people act like assholes? b/c they are assholes
Posted: 8/27/2016 6:52:34 AM
Those who have bitter profiles, or who throw immense shade here in the forums, say a lot about themselves. She may think men are freaks, but she's still hoping for a hottie to get freaky with. Or Prince Charming, who will somehow be so charmed as to desire to show her not all men are freaks...and save her from her (self created) fate.

Too bad you didn't read her response. it would have been more material to post. Trevor sounds like God showed him what was truly important in life. He's gone from his $2 million seclusion to talking to strangers.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/27/2016 7:03:25 AM
I'd be naive to think there aren't some " freaks" here just like there are RT.
Guessing she tossed in the " I'm not a freak" challenge so men can profess to her they aren't, or that they can contact her to complain.
I with the many to question why did it matter so much to you?
god works in mysterious ways :/
 Whisky_River
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/27/2016 7:23:38 AM
Lol....Does that mean I should change my headline?
Na....I believe it to be true!
@ the OP.....maybe she read your profile.
You seem to have a lot of....weird and freaky theories about people....you don't like or want to associate with.
Is that ok for you to spewl about but not others?
smh....
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/27/2016 7:59:58 AM

I with the many to question why did it matter so much to you?

You seem to have a lot of....weird and freaky theories about people....you don't like or want to associate with.
Is that ok for you to spewl about but not others?

I think you might be missing his point (in the complaint)...

Our Kiwi friend fancies himself to be a Victorian/Edwardian Colonial Era "hold-over"... A "spiritualist/occultist/author/poet" of Veblen's "Leisure class" who sees himself in the likes of A.C. Doyle and A. Crowley, with a bit of Kipling/Lawrence added in to round out the "gentlemanly" (that's in the 'social/cultural class' sense) qualities...

He simply can't imagine why most others can't see the "pinnacle of Western culture" in that as he does... or revere the "inherent superiority" of that... and even more so, why they don't even attempt to live it as he does...

And he is one of the last of the Victorian/Edwardian standard-bearers to remaing standing...

And finally, he is frustrated by the fact that he just can't seem to find a "kindred spirit"... which may be due to the fact that he is looking in the wrong place, POF rather than an "exclusive" retirement community for the over 90, or a graveyard...

1908 or Bust
 kj521
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/27/2016 9:14:49 AM
"in the wrong place, POF rather than an "exclusive" retirement community for the over 90, or a graveyard..."

I beg to differ, Joe.

Somewhere out there.....there is a lid to every pot. Some pots are just a bit more unusual and require more effort to find the lid that fits just right. :)

Keep the faith, Peter and focus on the things you can control and let go of those in which you cannot. :D
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/27/2016 10:27:35 AM

I beg to differ, Joe.

Somewhere out there.....there is a lid to every pot. Some pots are just a bit more unusual and require more effort to find the lid that fits just right. :)

Ordinarily, I might agree with that but...

New Zealand was one of the very last of the Commonwealth to lose that "warm glow of Empire" in the wake of resurgent indigenous rights (helps to understand the ranting about Maoris that periodically taints his posts) and "modern" society...

If he hasn't found that yet, in New Zealand, one of the last bastions of the "warm glow of Empire", then the prospects don't look promising... Certainly, on this end of the Commonwealth, retirement homes and graveyards are about the only place to find it, and even then it is only slightly more common than a full-blood Beothuk...

Heck, even those claiming to be "steampunk" don't live as Victorian/Edwardian, they just imitate the appearance and I'm pretty sure he wants more than just "the appearance"...

Keep the faith, Peter and focus on the things you can control and let go of those in which you cannot. :D

That is the primary point but is entirely "beyond" his framework...

Our friend did not just awake from a 90 year sleep to find a new world... He knew it was changing, saw it changing, and rather than accept this, rather than accept and understand that he was relegated to "looking for a needle in a haystack" he might never find and take the steps to resolve HIS issue, he would rather insist that the haystack should become needles...

In other words, the problem, by his thinking, is everybody else...

A guaranteed recipe for failure...
 kj521
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/27/2016 10:36:30 AM
Ahhhh......but you see, Joe.....this post^^^^^......is a much gentler, kinder way of expressing the same ideas, isn't it? :D
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/27/2016 11:08:42 AM

Ahhhh......but you see, Joe.....this post^^^^^......is a much gentler, kinder way of expressing the same ideas, isn't it? :D

Probably...

But... there is a lot to be said for "slapped with a cold, dead cod" as well...

Especially where certain attitudes... and men... are concerned...
 kj521
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/27/2016 11:40:50 AM
"But... there is a lot to be said for "slapped with a cold, dead cod" as well...

Especially where certain attitudes... and men... are concerned..."

Huh....Okay. Now.....which man benefits from this again?

You know what they say......a moment on the lips.....a lifetime on the hips! ;) ;)

Wait! Oh dang! That was the wrong one! That was my cupcake talking to me!

Oh! You know what I mean. ;D
 Walts
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/27/2016 12:29:16 PM

If looking for a lid, to a pot, I wouldn't be checking the drawer with the cutlery in it.

Anyone spending any amount of time here, knows, (isn't just hoping, and/or guessing) that to actually find a "match" amongst this group is, as Joe points out, is like finding a needle in the haystack. I, personally, KNOW, that in the real world, finding another for myself, is tough. Not impossible but, tough. All because of me, my choices, my beliefs, and thoughts.

Now, throw me into the mix of these waters, along with the rest of the misfits, toss aways, misinterpreted, etc, and the task gets just a little bit harder. I'm not gonna biatch or whine about the task, or those that are trying to do the same thing, in ways that they are hoping will work. It's a just another lesson in futility. But, these lessons never really set in if continue to point at others because of they way they are trying as the "reason" (excuse) for your own lack of success
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Woman's profile claims "Plenty of Freaks."