Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Arab woman face covered      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vannili
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Arab woman face coveredPage 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I went to health clinic this morning and I saw a young mother of 2 children,one is a baby and the eldest is like a 3 years old. The reason why I post this thread is the woman has a black cloth covering her face, that her eyes is the only showing. I did not feel comfortable, though I said hi to her and her boy. Should America ban women who cover their faces in Public ? I have read the reason women cover their faces and hair for it is a sin to show it to men, okay I respect their Culture . But Can the Immigrations Authorities have a policy to prohibit this ? Like," while in Rome, do what the Romans do "? I would appreciate your input on this.
 raxarsr
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/29/2016 11:30:53 PM
well....the town i live in has banned any mask or covering of the face for adults.........several years ago we had trouble with kkk ralleys..............havnt had one since the ban......................halloween is the only exception..........unless the adult is in costume and is accompanied by children
 magnafence
Msg: 3
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 6:00:42 AM
There are constitutional issues, including freedom of religion and freedom of expression which would prevent any attempt to lehis late what people wear in the us...so the answer is no....
 Llookingformynextmistake
Msg: 4
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 7:13:33 AM
^^^^
There are constitutional issues, including freedom of religion and freedom of expression which would prevent any attempt to lehis late what people wear in the us...so the answer is no....

I have to stand with Magnafence with this one. It is her right to wear a burqa or hajib. (Hope I spelled it right.) I am guessing that is she was required to remove it, she would be uncomfortable too. I guess you have to look at it as does your right to be comfortable outweigh her right to be comfortable?

LePew
 cotter
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 7:44:47 AM
Message 1 ...
Should America ban women who cover their faces in Public ?

No ... why should they do that?

Some folks are "uncomfortable" in the presence of people wearing hoodies. Should that be banned?

Some folks are "uncomfortable" in the presence of people wearing their pants down to the bottom of their ass. Should that be banned?

Some folks are "uncomfortable" in the presence of skin heads. Should that be banned?

I think fear (in this case the word "uncomfortable" was used) is a powerful thing and the "fear" mongers have apparently been doing a good job on you.

After Charles Manson wreaked his havoc on several people, hippies were seen as long-haired undesirables ... when in fact, most true hippies are merely peace-loving, nature-loving individuals ... well at least this hippy is.

Remember what WWII did to our nation? They locked Japanese into internment camps.

There are posters on these forums who still view all Germans as Nazi's and I'm guessing as children they tormented anyone in their neighborhood or school with a German last name.

Remember Joseph McCarthy and his witch hunt? Imagine what it must have been like to be of Russian descent back in the 1950's!
 Maleman999
Msg: 6
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 7:55:57 AM
This was touched upon in another thread, with the story about places in France that have outlawed the "burkini". They have already outlawed the full face covering on women-whatever it's called. Pictures and film/cell phone footage I saw showed four armed police who were holding automatic rifles surround a woman-who was at the beach with her children- who was wearing a burkini. A little extreme to give a fine and warning. If she was wearing a wet suit, which covers just as much, it would be OK and legal. Why not fine nuns who wear habits, that cover just as much of the body as burkinis? Do people want a law that says all women must expose X% of their body when out in public, and they are subject to fine and/or jail if they don't flash enough skin in public?

And yet, the argument is things like a face covering and burkinis is a symbol of oppression of women. Isn't heavily armed police surrounding a woman at a beach for wearing a burkini a worse form of oppression?
 sleeps_in_mouse_pajamas
Msg: 7
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 8:17:39 AM
Recently there was a show that did an experiment had a burqa covered individual go to a liquor store to buy liquor. The cashier didn't ask for ID. The person wearing the burqa was a 14 year old boy. So, you never know who is underneath the burqas!
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 8
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 9:46:10 AM
Recently...? By "recently", do you mean "4 years ago"...?

And by "show"... Do you mean a now defunct internet site (couldn't maintain the traffic, or stay out of the civil courts, long enough to make it financially, or honestly)...?

there was a show that did an experiment had a burqa covered individual go to a liquor store to buy liquor. The cashier didn't ask for ID. The person wearing the burqa was a 14 year old boy.

So... a so-called "responsible journalist" commits a criminal offence (counseling a minor to commit an offence, aiding/abetting the minor in committing said offence) by manipulating a minor into committing an offence (underage purchase, fraud)...

And THIS proves something...? I mean beyond the reprehensible nature of the "journalist"...?

So, you never know who is underneath the burqas!

You never know who is behind the balaclava (but they aren't illegal) or the full-face helmet (they aren't illegal either) or even necessary who is under the hoodie (also not illegal)...

Once again... was there a point to this...?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 9
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 9:51:59 AM

I did not feel comfortable, though I said hi to her and her boy.

Would you have "not felt comfortable" if they had been wearing "fancy dress costumes" ("Elsa" and "Olaf" masks, for example) where you could only see their eyes well...?

Or would you have been "amused"...?

Your answer to THAT is the only answer you need...
 Vannili
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 11:11:51 AM
mungojoe, my message is not open for war of words, and not seeking answers to forumites it is their opinions what matters , and this has nothing to do with holloween or whatever, it is not the costume, it is the black cloth covered face. The reason too I posted my argument is I have some Filipino, friends who works in their country, that they can not go out wearing above the knee skirts ,authorities paint their legs with house paint for punishment, according to them it is very painful, they can not wear jeans or pants because men will tried to walk ahead of them and unashamedly stare at their crotches. I saw Miss Diane Sawyer on TV walking in a crowd and the Arab men walk ahead of her staring at her crotch.
mungjoe this is not an optic matter , it is a matter of black masked foreigners in our surroundings. If all the tax payer. will react to this I am with them..
 Vannili
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 11:20:32 AM
I bet they are legal poor refugees, because if they are rich they won't go to poor people's clinic and they don't wear masked partying with the Elite Americans or shopping at Beverly Hills .
 deetristate
Msg: 12
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 11:27:15 AM
Ah whatever. With all the middle easterners Clinton wants to bring in, a lot of your grandkids we be wearing that anyway.

High rate of conversion, fastest growing religion. You people won't mind your granddaughters in that.

Oh, that's right, some of you don't have kids (or apparently other people you care about like that) so have no skin in this game.

I don't want my daughter subjected to that. Having worked in a Muslim country and having in-laws who fled such countries, you shouldn't want it brought here. But, ah, not being PC again.

Vanilli. Never expect some people here to call a spade a spade. They would rather be PC and at risk.

It is the same mentality where the FBI doesn't keep tabs on someone who is a suspected terrorist because they don't want to offend. You know.
 pieceofpie2323
Msg: 13
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 12:16:07 PM
Vannili. You asked a simple question and were provided a simple answer. The United States Constitution does not allow the legislature to dictate to people their proper form of dress, especially when it comes to religious issues, with just a few exceptions. Public Schools have a little more discretion in dictating clothing worn by students so that it is not to distracting to the learning process and Obviously there might be a point where clothes are so scant that it gets into an exposure situation. And of course there are military guidelines, etc.

Other than that, nobody in the US has the right to tell others they can not cover their face. That is why we have freedoms in the country. Your being uncomfortable is not enough to violate another person's rights.
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 14
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 1:53:04 PM

No ... why should they do that?

Some folks are "uncomfortable" in the presence of people wearing hoodies. Should that be banned?

Some folks are "uncomfortable" in the presence of people wearing their pants down to the bottom of their ass. Should that be banned?

Some folks are "uncomfortable" in the presence of skin heads. Should that be banned?

I think fear (in this case the word "uncomfortable" was used) is a powerful thing and the "fear" mongers have apparently been doing a good job on you. -- Cotter

Well said, Cotter.

How about this . . .

I was in a cafe yesterday, in my usual corner, reading my books over a delicious coffee, when in comes this loud-mouthed woman with the cellphone. She is yapping into it all the way upstairs, like a robot, and then she reaches the counter. She is the only other person in there apart from the assistant and me. She doesn't even face the assistant but asks -- almost into the air -- for a coffee. The assistant can't make out what she's saying, so she asks her to repeat it.

The woman, now deeply engaged in the telephone conversation with some disembodied person somewhere else, becomes irritated. This time she shouts into the air above her. The woman looks over at me. I have no time for people like this. I wouldn't give them the odour off my armpits if it could save them. Anyway, the assistant still can't make out what she's saying, so she, the assistant, leans right over to get closer to her in order to hear what this ignorant piece of muck is saying. STILL she doesn't break away from her cellphone for even two seconds. Her eyes are bulging now with impatience, and she stabs at the coffee machine, hitting it with the palm of her hand. She then submerges back into the cellphone and continues her conversation with this disembodied person somewhere else.

There was no coffee. The assistant simply didn't know what the customer wanted. Long black? Short black? Flat white? Latte? What the hell? Anyway, the woman flounced out of the cafe in a rage, her face the colour of beetroot, astonished at the 'service.' I smiled at the assistant, who is clearly upset, and go back to my book.

Should this be banned, this type of arrogant and demanding behaviour, in a world increasingly distracted by fluff and nonsense and mind-blowing trivia?

Frankly, and I don't care what anyone says, I wouldn't give this woman the time of day. I wouldn't care if she walked under a bus. And if you lived in the town that I live, you'd be inured to this as well. Armies, whole legions, of human robots, staring down into cellphones as if their lives depended upon what someone somewhere has to say about something so mundane it would make you cry.

But . . . I wouldn't 'ban' it. The government has no RIGHT to tell us what we can do -- about anything. Humanity doesn't need to be 'governed.' That's not what we're paying billions of dollars for, to put highly paid officials into sumptuous positions, driving them around in gas-guzzling limousines by taxpayer-funded chauffeurs, protected by taxpayer-funded bodyguards, paying for their sumptuous meals in five-star hotels, to dicate what we can or can't do in our so-called 'democracy.' I laugh when I hear that word used in relation to the West. I fall to pieces when I hear someone earnestly calling America, for instance, a democracy. (I know it's a Republic, but you understand what I'm saying.)

Heaven help us all.

- Peter
 Vannili
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 1:53:53 PM
thank you piece of pie, I know about this freedom here in the USA.

Other than that,nobody in the US has a right to tell others they can not cover their face. That is why we have freedoms in the country. Your being uncomfortable is not enough to violate another person's rights,

I don 't intend to undermine you,piece of pie , but in the USA it is common that covered face people holdup banks.or rape. kill,ect.. Some law inforcement have hood face mask to do their job like the one my late husband wore jogging during winter in Denver CO I think it is called Ski mask. Is it not common sense for the Americans if they take people that displace in their own country and live here , they have to do the American way ? Freedom ? I was oriented coming to America that,I can not cook fried/grilled dried fish in my backyard ,the neighbors will call the police, I can not swim with underwears plus t shirt and shorts in a swimming pool, I can not squeeze myself to get ahead in line ,my husband yakked my long hair and hissed at me* it is rude* and it is also rude that if you meet eye to eye any stranger and ignore that person. So the arab refugees doesn't need to abide the law in this country, or the Americans will violate their rights on covering their faces. Okay. Did I understand correctly???
 deetristate
Msg: 16
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 2:20:40 PM

Good point, Vanilla.

And, actuallt, ctually, you can't wear a hoodie or hat in many banks and many towns and cities outlaw masks other than for Halloween. So this "right" is not unlimited.

In one city, a woman in a Muslim covering kidnapped a child. People were too PC to ask her to remove it to prove that she was the mother when she entered the school to pick up the child.

The school board decided not to continue this nonsense. You now actually have to show your face. . And . . the Horror, an I D.
 33stargazer
Msg: 17
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 4:28:05 PM
Please tell me how many burqa clad women (or men hiding as women) have walked into a bank to rob it. How many burqa clad women (or know hiding as women) have robbed convenience stores. What are the stats? In fact, what is the percentage of the population in the US that even wears a full burqa with face covering? .0002% or so.

There are probably 10 times as many KKK hooded folks in the US than Muslim women wearing full face covering. I remember a number of years ago a big to do over Sikh's wearing turbans and them not wearing hard hats or motorcycle helmets.

Much ado about nothing , unless you are just a racist. Oh the horror. Maybe worry about the Christians in the US, they do the vast majority of the crimes, probably 98% of ALL crimes are committed by Christians or raised Christian.
 daynadaze
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 4:47:58 PM
I'm trying to picture this world where someone wearing a garment because of their religious belief, uses it to kidnap a child, just to teach all those horrible PC people a lesson. LOL

A criminal is going to break the law, no matter how they dress or what their beliefs are, etc. Picking out this woman to feed your fears is much scarier than what you think she might be up to.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 19
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 5:40:43 PM

The reason too I posted my argument is I have some Filipino, friends who works in their country, that they can not go out wearing above the knee skirts ,authorities paint their legs with house paint for punishment, according to them it is very painful,

Yeah, well, you know what...? When North America becomes a "democratic rule of law" joke (like the Philippines USUALLY is with its long, sordid history of corruption and authoritarian gov't)... THEN you MIGHT have a point...

Beyond that... this nonsense of telling women what they CAN'T wear is exactly what YOU are trying to suggest... Chew on that one for a bit...

they can not wear jeans or pants because men will tried to walk ahead of them and unashamedly stare at their crotches.

Gasp...!

You don't mean like the way North American men do that SAME THING now...? Or stare down their cleavage when wearing tank-tops and low-cut necklines...?

You don't mean THAT disgusting behaviour... do you...?

it is a matter of black masked foreigners in our surroundings.

'nuff said
 cotter
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 6:25:12 PM
Message 10
... they can not wear jeans or pants because men will tried to walk ahead of them and unashamedly stare at their crotches.

Are you trying to tell us the men are walking backwards so they can see the crotches of the women they are walking in front of?

Don't they ever run into things while they're looking at the crotches of the women they are walking in front of?

I wonder if the women ever walk backwards so they can look at the "crotch/package" of the men walking behind them?

Vannili ... you aren't making sense!
 kj521
Msg: 21
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 6:37:26 PM
Ms. Vanilli....

I am going to have to agree with many of the posters here. (Not the style, in which, they post, though :)

Okay....let me break this down for you cause I am a fan of the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid) (Stupid is me....don't get offended)

See....the US is a republic.....not a true democracy. Which means....we are designed to protect the rights of the few against the many. We have become more of a democratic republic which means we always have to find balance between....does the rights of few infringe upon the rights of the many and vice versa. Quite difficult sometimes.

Covering one's face in public due to religious beliefs is acceptable at this point but wearing a gas mask (my son found this out the hard way) is not.

Now.....this could change in the future. Hope that helps.

What I would really explore if I were you is.....WHY....did you feel uncomfortable talking to that woman. I would have taken the opportunity to get to know about someone different from me but I am chatty like that. :)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 22
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 7:06:50 PM
Some men find burquas sexy. A modest woman can't win for losing.
 LGL1975
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 7:23:53 PM
Religions should be banned. It's not a "right" just get rid of it. Like smallpox. Gun control people need to get on this.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 24
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 7:27:23 PM
^ I heard about that epidemic where people are killing each other by throwing those little communion glasses at them.
 deetristate
Msg: 25
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 7:33:49 PM
Such efforts and bending over backwards, the PC ness. LOL!

First we have the "percentage" nonesnse:
"""Please tell me how many burqa clad women (or men hiding as women) have walked into a bank to rob it. How many burqa clad women (or know hiding as women) have robbed convenience stores. What are the stats? In fact, what is the percentage of the population in the US that even wears a full burqa with face covering? .0002% or so. """

Not many people use box cutters to fly a plane into a building but you can't bring those on a plane.
You can't smoke a joint in a schoolyard because you are a Rastafarian even though there are no reported cases where any harm was done because of it.
Not many people get cancer from "secondhand smoke" (if any, according to some scientists) but you can't smoke in an open air park in some places or outside of a building where people ,"the horror," ( I guess people can't help copying what I write) may have to pass by it for 1/2 second.

Then we have the "answer a question that no one asked" method, as follows:

""I'm trying to picture this world where someone wearing a garment because of their religious belief, uses it to kidnap a child, just to teach all those horrible PC people a lesson. LOL""""

Who said that? ...........NO ONE.

Then we have the denying the experiences of another because the reality of that person's experience defies your false reality and the parsing out of a fraction of what someone said to make, well, a non-responsive point. Choose from several examples of both above.

You people just kill me.

Again, I envy that I am unable to tell myself the falsehoods that you all tell others ( I really don't think that you actually believe that stuff that you write. You can't. Nah. Not possible).

Again, you can't wear whatever you want wherever you want at all times. To claim that there is such a "freedom" in the USA is well . . . . just nonsense. And NOT REALITY. Examples have been given. Ignore them if you must.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Arab woman face covered