Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > OK, I'm starting to feel afraid      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 1
view profile
History
OK, I'm starting to feel afraidPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Some guy in Hong Kong has built himself a lifelike robot that looks so much like actress Scarlett Johansson, it's eerie. Then I did some more googling and found out they've built a female robot in China named Jia Jia, and get this, she can actually sass back at you! And then there was the blonde robot built a couple of years ago by American artist Jordan Wolfson.

Ok, fun's fun... I mean, we can crack all the jokes we want about pimply nerds playing with computers in mommy's basement (angry wimps are funny!), but I'm afraid one of these guys who builds his next gf out of parts from Radio Shack is going to have dollar signs in his eyes. Guess what will happen then.

Yeah, it's not easy to find real men now... but it's going to be impossible if real men start buying fake women. It scares me a little, but at the same time it kind of makes me angry. I don't know of any women building male-bots.

Whaddya do... :-(
 cotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
OK, I'm starting to feel afraid
Posted: 8/30/2016 6:31:56 PM
OP ...
I don't know of any women building 'male-bots".

Isn't that commonly known as an HHV (hand held vibrator)?

Why would we want to build one when they're so easily found in most any department store or even grocery store? The local drug stores carry them too. (No longer necessary to go to the local adult book store.)
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/30/2016 11:03:07 PM
@OP

I'm afraid one of these guys who builds his next gf out of parts from Radio Shack is going to have dollar signs in his eyes. Guess what will happen then.

Ummm....you'll have to sell your Lexus and get a job?

Yeah, it's not easy to find real men now... but it's going to be impossible if real men start buying fake women.

Yep, I already put my order in for the Kim Kardashian advanced model!

I don't know of any women building male-bots.

I guess you don't live in Hollywood.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2016 12:08:24 AM
You seem to have a very poor opinion of all men. Don't you realize that any man who would prefer a robot to a real woman, would think of YOU as a live, battery-free robot too? Is that the mate you want?

Or do you REALLY think that all we men want is a THING to screw around with? That attitude and thought will do more to prevent you from finding someone than anything else will.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/31/2016 12:30:29 AM

out of parts from Radio Shack

No worries. Radio Shack is going out of business.
 gtomustang
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/31/2016 7:21:12 AM
hey, they make Ken Dolls, too, only $5,999

https://secure.realdoll.com/

Its been going on for some time, and since they don't eat, there's no post about who pays. But before this, it was the dream of virtual sex, just clean up the electronics when done. I don't know if there's a Heath Kit build it at home for sale....
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 7
Blow up dolls
Posted: 8/31/2016 9:28:44 AM
I dunno, something about putting my Johnson inside a robot is off putting.

Do them things ever get pissed off?
 gtomustang
Msg: 8
no longer accepting our download
Posted: 8/31/2016 10:17:39 AM
Ida know about her dumping me for a bigger Wang, but i'd worry about shorting her out. Or worse, she goes online and picks up some virus to pass on to me. Yech.

I will say, I wouldn't mind the gun and sword collection, b/c I like mechanical things and my father diddled around in blacksmithing for a while. but if he got the lifesize blowup out of his bedroom when a lady came over to visit his bedroom, he might just end up one day with that heir he wants...

inheritance of our worldly goods is an issue, however. As anyone can see from my photo, i'm heirless.
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2016 5:32:01 PM
I don't bother to worry about men who want a robot woman, they aren't hurting me in anyway.
 kj521
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/31/2016 5:41:07 PM
I say as long as the husbands of the Stepford Wives can't procreate.....what's the harm?

Win/Win situation.....for women and society. :)
 Walts
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/31/2016 5:59:50 PM
Does the OP happen to have a site where we can go and order some of these companions????

I mean, like, seriously.

As long as I don't hear any talking(in any language) that is.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/31/2016 6:12:31 PM
I recently watched " Lars and the real girl " for the first time .

I don't know if it's categorized as a comedy but it sure provided a few good laughs
 razors_edge55
Msg: 13
view profile
History
OK, I'm starting to feel polyester
Posted: 9/1/2016 10:40:13 AM
Hey no worries ,,,they are maybe working on one to please the girls too ,I'm sure ,,,,
sheezzz if you wanted meaningless sex ,,,why get divorced ????,,,,,,lol
 Coma_White
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2016 3:14:14 AM
6/10. Would read again.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/3/2016 12:26:16 PM
after Davecat and his wife and mistress I am surprised robot " dutch wives" took so long
Kinda cool in a blade runner way. And of course they learn to kill.. so it will all get sorted
 cooldog65
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2016 8:29:41 AM
Do they offer monthly installments? Is there a money back guarantee if not satisfied?

How do you maintain her working parts? Gives new meaning to "lube her up".

Do they offer a ebony/mahogany skinned model?
 Heffelump
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/4/2016 9:30:13 AM
I read where Uber plans to eliminate drivers as soon as self driving cars become viable.

This development would play havoc on prostitution. The post above mine brought this to mind. You couldn't even make it illegal; if you can rent a car or a lawnmower, then you can rent a fembot. Pimps won't be sleazy guys hanging out at the Transit Authority, they'll be guys with shops and work benches wiping the grease from their hands as they fill out the rental agreement.
 Jo van
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/4/2016 10:01:55 AM

I read where Uber plans to eliminate drivers as soon as self driving cars become viable.

I was thinking this could give you something to 'do', on a long journey, if you didn't have to drive...?

Pimps won't be sleazy guys hanging out at the Transit Authority,

That's a bit... erm... never mind.

they'll be guys with shops and work benches wiping the grease from their hands

Thanks for that image. Even though I know it's just a machine, I'm still having trouble not-imagining it's posture during this procedure, or the look on it's face....

as they fill out the rental agreement.

Can't I just swipe my card somewhere?

What I want to know is; will I still need a separate robot-hoover?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/4/2016 11:44:35 AM
Problem is Replicants cost serious coin.. since many squeeze a nickel so hard the beaver screams when it comes to buying a coffee for a date, I imagine they are out of many dudes price point.
I'd love to have robots. And a dragon. Prolly get a dragon first
 cooldog65
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2016 12:27:26 PM
^^^^^ Here in the states we like a beaver (vagina) that screams!
 gtomustang
Msg: 21
Dam good beaver, it likes its wood.
Posted: 9/4/2016 6:07:46 PM
usually, it screams, "I have a headache"
 cotter
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 2:23:40 PM
Message 21 ...
What I want to know is; will I still need a separate robot-hoover?

A robot-hoover? You can clean one of the blow-up dolls with some sort of "hoover"?

Don't you just sort of ... hose her down every once in a while ... making sure to pay special attention to mouth, vagina, and anus ... ?
 kj521
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/5/2016 3:12:31 PM
Oooh.....Ms. Cotter.....

I don't think he meant "hoover" for cleaning purposes. :/
 Whisky_River
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/5/2016 4:29:30 PM

I don't think he meant "hoover" for cleaning purposes.

lmao...That's where my mind went to too...cleaning...smirk.

Well....I hate to tell you OP...they have had life like dolls around for a while now...the blow ups are cheap and old.
I watched a documentary on these and yes....they are not cheap.
Some men drive around with them...name them and dress them, talk to them, take them on vacation.....totally bizarre.
Worried? Not too much....lol.
 Jo van
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/5/2016 4:55:59 PM

A robot-hoover? You can clean one of the blow-up dolls with some sort of "hoover"?

Nah! Not a blow-up doll, a "Roboshag" ™.

Don't you just sort of ... hose her down every once in a while ... making sure to pay special attention to mouth, vagina, and anus ... ?

Yeah.... And that's exactly why she divorced me.

Oooh.....Ms. Cotter.....

I don't think he meant "hoover" for cleaning purposes. :/

Yeah, I did.
I meant exactly that.
None taken.

I was thinking that, instead of just putting "her" away into a cupboard, or somewhere, "afterwards", (you know, when I've finished the mandatory cuddling of her so she doesn't feel "used" etc etc) maybe "she" could clean-up a bit too, and/or maybe iron a few shirts and stuff.?
Not much use if she can only do one thing....

Although, I suppose it might be somewhere to push the corners of my tea-towels, to keep them tidy.

Just trying to "think outside the box" here...
Goodnight.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > OK, I'm starting to feel afraid