Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I have a dude with the Pof app      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FraNavCa1984
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I have a dude with the Pof appPage 1 of 1    
Hi, everyone. Im spanish, so I'll try to speak in english.
I broke with my girlfriend one month ago, so I decided to open a profile in Pof to meet new people, not cheating, just for not being alone because Im not looking for a new relationship right now.
The problem is that everytime I enter the app, I see my ex girlfriend's profile in the nearest profiles. So, I can't forget her and every time I open Pof I'm wondering where she'll be and with who.
I could block her profile, but so she'd know I have visited her.
Is there any way to do this without she couldn't know I have visited her profile?
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 2
I have a dude with the Pof app
Posted: 9/1/2016 3:48:53 PM
Your profile has been open for over a year. Perhaps you meant "unhid".

No way for you to stop seeing her profile (easily; I believe there's a way with different browsers and/or adware blocks).
 FraNavCa1984
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2016 4:27:45 PM
My profile is unhidden.
I could hid it and she could 't see my profile, but I still see her profile and anybody could see me because I would be hidden.
 Chromis1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2016 4:43:45 PM
You can look at her page without her knowing it. Go to "Edit Profile", then "mail settings", then say "no" to the question "Allow users to see that you've viewed their profile". Not sure what good that'll do ya, though. I don't know of a way to block a user from your view unless there has been an email exchange. At that point, you can choose "block" and you won't see her page again. If there's another way, it's one of which I'm not aware.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/1/2016 4:49:34 PM
I can help with part of it....go in to your account settings ( in edit profile) and set your profile to not show when you've viewed a profile. Then she cant see that you've viewed her. You can delete people from your 'Ultra" match list, but not sure if you can have them removed other than that.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/1/2016 5:00:29 PM
Nah, if you block them from a message, it only blocks them from sending any further messages; their profile pic will still pop up on various pages.
 FraNavCa1984
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2016 5:39:10 PM
So... There isn't any way to block her from viewing her profile in the miniatures every time I open the app in my iPhone?
At least... To block her, I can put my profile in hidden mode, visit her profile, block her and then turn back in unhidden mode, right?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2016 6:36:39 PM

You can look at her page without her knowing it. Go to "Edit Profile", then "mail settings", then say "no" to the question "Allow users to see that you've viewed their profile". Not sure what good that'll do ya, though.

I don't think that'll help. If he already saw hers, it's not going to come up again like on OKC & Match. And by now he's moved way down the list from hers. At this point, no need on that...

To block her, I can put my profile in hidden mode, visit her profile, block her and then turn back in unhidden mode, right?

No... that's not blocking. To block her, write her a quick message. Then click on the Sent Message, and you'll see a link that says "Block User". Click on that. You can only block someone in which there's been any communication with.

Cool thing is, she won't know its you. It'll be blank. Your profile info won't show up. Just someone by your user name.

With that said, the Block isn't 100%. She's not going to come up in your searches or in the Meet Me. She may still show up in thumbnails though.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2016 7:23:42 PM
Totally blocking out a profile from browsing photos or 'found nearby' cannot be done unless there is a specific appeal made to management about special circumstances (i.e. a restraining order or court mandate) and proof is given. It doesn't happen too often because the terms of what gets defined as harassment or threats needs to be quite specific, and it usually is solved by one or both of you losing the privilege to be an active member on POF.

If even the mere sight of her photo gives you discomfort, it's probably time to seek some counseling. It's a photo. That is ALL it needs to be. Heck, you don't even know for sure if she is the one behind the profile - she may be letting a friend use her image to search out potentials. Learn how to shed old baggage and realize life goes on - with OR without her around.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/1/2016 7:28:31 PM
Blocking via messages only blocks them from messaging you. You will still see their profile pic and they can still see yours. They will still appear in searches and in Meet Me. They will still pop up randomly on various pages. There is no way to block a person from seeing your profile unless you hide it. You will still see there's.

Unless you use adware/different browsers. Apparently there is a way to block their ad from appearing.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/1/2016 7:28:49 PM
*double post
 gcdeb
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2016 7:48:42 PM
You can block their image from appearing by right clicking on their pic and selecting the relevant option (this is using adblocker or similar).
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2016 8:05:02 PM

You will still see their profile pic and they can still see yours.

I blocked a gal 2 years ago. Didn't see her in searches. Ended up seeing her in thumbnails at the top after a while tho.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/1/2016 9:34:58 PM
I feel for ya OP.

There's one gal whose photo raises my blood pressure, and not between my legs either.

Makes me want to throw the remote at the TV screen in disgust...
 Llookingformynextmistake
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/2/2016 8:27:25 AM
^^^^^ God's, hope it was not me???

LePew

GCdeb, I didn't know this. It would have saved me some internet pain. Thanks.
 hemingway234
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/2/2016 9:44:17 AM
So try another dating site. POF is not the only game in town.
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2016 9:15:38 PM
maybe message her with tons of naked private photos and she'll get mad and block you, IDK, talk to admins, there has to be something you can do.

or you can just message me awhile and she won't even bother you anymore. like.. at all..
 2016summer2016
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2016 4:09:48 PM
Men cannot send photos.
 gtomustang
Msg: 19
there's a drug that removes it in 3 days
Posted: 9/3/2016 6:29:22 PM
Revoskeepnus has a corny photo. Or maybe some guy asked to see her ear.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I have a dude with the Pof app