Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Reviewtastic!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 2
Reviewtastic!Page 1 of 1    
Well, aren't you just adorable!!

I like your profile. Others more qualified than I will be along with much better critiques, but the only thing I would tell you to remove is the "mostly friends" line in the last paragraph. Women already have friends, they're looking for dates. Don't put yourself in the friend zone right out of the gate.

Jean Michel Jarre rocks!! I still have Oxygen on cassette tape!
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Reviewtastic!
Posted: 9/4/2016 1:31:03 PM
Absolutely agreed on having any references to 'friends' in a dating profile. Don't even go there.

You do write well - what a treat from the usual phlegm.

How about replacing one of the head shots with maybe something from your work environment?
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Reviewtastic!
Posted: 9/4/2016 2:04:43 PM
So how about scrubs (or whatever) in the non-identifying parking lot outside of work!?
 ScooterSB
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Reviewtastic!
Posted: 9/4/2016 3:37:56 PM
Yeah as others have said it's mostly a well written, you come across well.

I would leave the word 'sarcastic' out. Oh yeah, all women want a sarcastic guy, that's reeeaaaal attractive! I'm sure you mean well, but it just sounds like you are going to take the mic out of everyone.

Add in a few lines about the type of person you are looking for, what attributes you find attractive in a woman and what romance means to you. Studies have shown the best profiles have a 70:30 ratio, that's 70% of the word count are about you, 30% about the person you are looking for. Also you come across as very nice, but if you talk about being romantic you move from nice to databale.

I think the smiling photo with the glasses is the best one you have and should be your main. Don't worry about being 'photogenic' you are a good looking guy with some good photos. Maybe have one where you are dressed a bit smarter, just a nice shirt or something will do, show women that if you were to take them on a nice date to a fancy restaurant you can scrub up well.

Hope that helps
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Reviewtastic!