Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > The best profile in the world... that gets no replies :(      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4ever4ever4ever
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The best profile in the world... that gets no replies :(Page 1 of 1    
I see you changed it, but uhmmm pokemon go I would say it's a bigger shield back off than the one you have here.

Not that there is anything wrong with your hobby.... but you'll get some tiny booper or nerdy chick. I think that rules out 99% of girls on this site. Maybe try that on another site lol. Plus a lot of this girls have like 200 other responses daily. The people that want sends you I want to meet you are bots, probably even by POF to keep guys not paying interested and maybe itchy to pay. Cause they banish just a fast....

I would love if POF had a possible fake profile section on the forums. That could be contested by the user of course. a bot of fake won't contested.
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
The best profile in the world... that gets no replies :(
Posted: 9/13/2016 7:02:12 AM
A few suggestions for what it's worth:

- a main photo really needs to be a shoulders up well-lit smiling head shot. No sunglasses or hats, we want to see big eyes and a great smile. Got any shots of you doing the wall-climbing thing?

- the Interests are distracting. One or two-word descriptions are best to get your point across. Your viewer will use this section to find things in common and get a sense of your personality. You can do that without the silliness.

- the paragraph you have now with the thumb-wrestling and pop tarts is memorable. It needs to be separated from the walking and climbing information (separate paragraph).

- do not add the physical description. Simply contact those you find attractive and filter any incoming messages accordingly to their own merits. A brief description of the personality you'd like to meet would be good, but you can leave out the 'sexually open' at this stage.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2016 2:36:34 PM
You main photo looks like you are drunk or stoned or about to throw up or some combination of those three. It is an incredibly unattractive photo, which is a shame beacuse you are a good looking guy. Most women wont get past that picture to even read what your have written.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2016 1:43:57 AM
I would keep the profile short and sweet. Also post a pic of you full length and lose the one where you are looking pale and ill and downcast. The responses you get depend on the pics and the stats initially and then a gal may read the profile but most wont bother if it is too long winded and detailed.

Your list of requirements in a girl is daunting and very demanding. I would suggest a girl with all those qualities does not have to be swimming around in this often murky pond. She would be having too much success in real life.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/18/2016 6:06:04 AM
"The best profile in the world... that gets no replies :("

I don't think it is. Don't get me wrong, you seem good enough to get some decent dates, but it's a matter of who you msg, and your competition to get such women. If you are msging down to earth, regular types, it might work out. The more sought after they are, the better your pics, stats, profile has to be, and even then, who knows how serious the women are. Some maintain a profile but date from people they meet socially. The profile is for exceptional people they might not meet in daily life.

A friend once said to me that online dating sites are used by some very odd people, so I think it would be advantageous to filter out a few folks by asking some serious questions. Please answer carefully:
1) Are you an avid Belieber?
2) Do you watch more than 30 seconds of TOWIE on a daily basis?
If your answer was 'no' to both of the above questions, then congratulations, you've passed the test!  However, if you answered 'yes' to one of the questions, then I'm afraid we most likely won’t get along, sorry.

Well, you are so inundated you have disqualifiers?A bit snooty.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let me introduce myself...
I am a website administrator, hoping to get a job within the NHS. During the day, I can be found sitting at my computer desk, zealously tapping at my phone with hopes of catching the most powerful demon on Pokémon Go . I like to keep myself quite active in the evenings so I go to the climbing wall at least twice a week and occasionally go out walking in the countryside with folks from the Sheffield Walking Group. I can hold my own in a game of extreme thumb wars (ranked 2nd in the world championship) and love the sweet taste of freshly toasted pop tarts in the morning (a breakfast wouldn’t be complete without them). When was the last time you ate a pop tart? What flavour was it?

Pop tarts are pretty awful imo. Only a certain type of gal likes doing that stuff. Imo, it's kind of basic.

Are you healthy, happy, attractive, optimistic, sexually open, honest, outgoing, flexible, intelligent, fun, confident and very feminine? My preferred partner is healthy, between 5′-0″ and 5′-8″ in height, slender, has long black, red, brown or blonde hair, and possesses a good sense of humour.

This is also off putting, and would cause most women to stop reading.

However, keep what you think important that reflects you, and just be more proactive about msging. You may find it better in real life than online.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/8/2016 1:13:32 PM
Here is your other thread. Try writing a profile instead of cribbing off of Google :)
 ScooterSB
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 2:56:50 PM
Take a look at your main picture, then read this sentence, then have a think what the problem might be....

I know the first thing you are going to do is glance at my pictures! Go ahead, stare longingly into the whites of my eyes i'll wait.... I'm guessing if you've got this far it means I've passed the photo test :-)
 Chromis1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 9:30:20 PM
The "about me" is dramatically improved. Think of this section as the deal-sealer. The opening salvo is your pictures. Rock climbing is good, but I'm not "getting" the facial expressions you've chosen for the remaining pics. You teeth look good, that's great, but far, far better to showcase them within a smile. Don't short-change the importance of this; on this site, and many others would be my guess, a good smile might be the single most determinative factor for success.
 brooklyn_born89
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/9/2016 5:38:52 PM
From one IT professional to another, I would stress your goals and ambitions more. I'm not saying treat this like Linkedin but you seem like an intelligent fellow, stress that more in your profile!
 call_me_tater
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/10/2016 10:21:35 AM
-Are female moths called myths?
Sure, if you want them to be.

- Do boxer shorts box?
No. And jockeys don't ride horse's either.

- What do cows think we taste like?
They don't know...they're herbivores.

- When they first invented the clock, how did they know what time it was to set it to?
Sundials.

- How can someone "Draw a blank"?
First, define a blank, then I'll draw one.

Glad I could help you out.
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/13/2016 2:59:30 PM

Your main photo looks like you are drunk or stoned or about to throw up or some combination of those three. -- ScooterSB

Isn't this the 'norm' these days?

I have lost count of women's photographs on here with screwed-up faces, fingers poking aggressively in the air, the ubiquitous tongue hanging out, and arrogant expressions so foul they would make Satan throw up in the sink.

I am beginning to think this is the new normality.

- Peter
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > The best profile in the world... that gets no replies :(