Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What to say?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 assanovathe2nd
Msg: 1
What to say?Page 1 of 1    
I get plenty of replies. 3 in 10 reply. But its so hard to chat or convert it. I think i get 1 date for every 1500 conversations. What do you girls want guys to do talk about? Because nothing works. Even when a girl asks me out it never works because there is too much trouble finding a mutual time and she gets awkward about it and stops replying.
 assanovathe2nd
Msg: 2
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 12:47:59 AM
For example another very hot girl just sent me a first message. Should I reply? She said hey there. Wtf should i reply?
 kj521
Msg: 3
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 3:50:58 AM
Heck yeah....you should reply!

Ok this how it works....

She says....."Hey there"

You have to first repeat "Hey there" back but here's the tricky part....you gotta add something. :O

Oh No! But what? What? What? What? Don'tcha hate this part?

Oooh! I know! Something you noticed about her that makes her special....unique even. ;)

So I guess you should try....."Hey there! Ur Hot!"

Or.....you could try looking looking at her profile and find something there. Up to you. :)
 gcdeb
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 5:55:35 AM
The "hey there" messages are auto generated when a woman clicks on the "send a flirt" button that appears on your profile. (I think only women can see the flirt buttons).

So, yeah, do as kj said. Reply, comment on her profile, add a simple question so she is compelled to respond.

As for converting to dates.. don't drag the conversations on too long on here. You should be meeting within two weeks at the most. If they can't find a convenient time to meet with you, they aren't that interested. Move on quickly.
 hemingway234
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 7:08:53 AM
In your age group most of the women are in school. You have to go where they are.
 kj521
Msg: 6
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 8:05:39 AM
^^^^Agree Mr. Hemingway. :)

And....at your age, Op...it is probably more appropriate to be learning how to....slide into the DMs of Hot young ladies on other social media. But don't ask me how...I only read the Urban Dictionary....don't live it. :/

Ps.....I would lose "the 2nd" on your profile name. I'm thinking most ladies will want Assanova#1. Just a suggestion. :D
 Chromis1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 9:14:33 AM
Is it just me? OP, in your group photo, that looks like Johnny Depp standing next to you, and Leonardo DiCaprio holding the glass of wine.

In any event, if you're getting 1 reply for every 3 attempts, your "date conversion rate" should be much, much higher than 1 in every 1,500.

If you're having trouble finding a mutual time, then eliminate, completely, the trouble on your end. Cancel whatever it is that's standing in the way, and go meet her.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 8
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 9:48:29 AM
Really? If you have to ask how to have a conversation you'll never make it in the dating world, online or real life!
 assanovathe2nd
Msg: 9
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 9:49:33 AM
Appreciate the feedback guys, here is the thing, I do all kinds of stuff, online, social clubs etc I even do STREET APPROACH which is dang hard. I'm a very confident guy in real life, but i'm stretched too thin, it feels like I have a lot of shallow fluff talk conversations when all I really want is a few deep ones.

I've had 5000+ conversations over 5 years where I did just that "hey, I noticed xyz" it never ever works, even if the girl is totally into me.
 assanovathe2nd
Msg: 10
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 10:02:15 AM
Truth is I have no energy for "small talk" especially when everything is a ****ing GAME and not authentic. The reason I can't hold a conversation is because I am not seduced by these women... I have to look so so so hard to find any good qualities, and usually the first time they flaunt attitude it all goes down the drain. Its because of ****ing feminism.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 11
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 10:37:31 AM
If you are stretched too thin, don't have time for small talk and want to blame feminism you are not ready to date. Not on line or in real life. You are an ass and you come across that way to women. You can't expect deep conversations right off the bat. Those need to be nurtured and developed and you are apparently too busy to do that. Grow up and try again later.
 kj521
Msg: 12
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 11:27:51 AM
"The reason I can't hold a conversation is because I am not seduced by these women"

Wait just a minute here! We women do seduce! We do! Y'all just seriously can not communicate. Not the Feminists fault at all!

For instance....I was just driving back to my office and I saw this handsome man standing at a crosswalk while I was stopped at a light. Well, I'm not one to let opportunity pass me by so I put down the window and sweetly smiled and said...

" Hey...Cutie! You workin' or walkin'?

Ya know what I got back for my efforts?

"Freak!" That's what!

That ain't no way to communicate! Sheesh!
 flman2015
Msg: 13
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 12:00:05 PM

" Hey...Cutie! You workin' or walkin'?

I would have replied ... "my choice would be riding with you towards a Margarita".. :-)

OT:

What do you girls want guys to do talk about? Because nothing works.
Wtf should i reply?

There is usually something in their profile that provides for a conversation starter. That said, your profile isn't one of those.

I have to look so so so hard to find any good qualities, and usually the first time they flaunt attitude it all goes down the drain. Its because of ****ing feminism.

I'm sure most women find that attitude very seductive. I bet you are not the only one struggling to find good qualities.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 6:51:53 PM
LOL Not a day goes by that someone, somewhere gives me reason to just.............shake my head.
 flman2015
Msg: 15
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 7:06:38 PM

Not a day goes by that someone, somewhere gives me reason to just.............shake my head.

I have a similar experience...

Not a day goes by that nature somewhere doesn't give me reason to just.............shake my head.

Shows that men and women are not that different after all.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What to say?
Posted: 9/14/2016 8:39:17 PM
I remember decades ago when I didn't know what to say to women, what to say to co-workers, what to say to strangers in the street, at museums, at the grocery store...I worried about being criticized or someone thinking I was uninteresting for one reason or another.

Now, I'm middle-aged, and I have that kinda grandpa-no-inner-voice thing....I'll talk to anyone about anything for any reason at any time and not care if they like it, hate it, love it, or call the cops. I just let my thoughts out. Some people connect, others don't. It's that way everywhere. It's neat when someone gives a knowing smile and connects. The other times it really doesn't matter. Almost every place has street noise, machine noise, loudspeakers blaring music, product ads, political crap....anything stupid a person might say becomes part of the background noise.

STOP HOLDING IT IN - Stop denying the world a taste of your personality - whether you're a dope, a genious, a jock, or a businessman, someone out there will understand you and want to share more conversation.

The main thing that stops everyone chances is they keep CANCELLING dates or running away from opportunities to meet people. "I can't go to that party - I don't know anyone!" The people who make the most connections will have the most opportunies NOW and in the future. Even people who don't like you would rather talk to you than a total stranger - WHY? - because they have a little familiarity and KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT.

My advice: Say Anything, Say Everything, Say it to Everyone!
 assanovathe2nd
Msg: 17
What to say?
Posted: 9/25/2016 11:07:56 PM
You cant tell me when im ready or not you havent earned the right to be taken seriously by me. Goodbye ugly fatso :)
 assanovathe2nd
Msg: 18
What to say?
Posted: 9/25/2016 11:10:03 PM
No offence.. but that sounds like made up scenario. I cant imagine anyperson freaking out like that... plus why were you even talking to him? Guys can tell when a gitl is playing games. Why be unauthentic with a pickup line
 call_me_tater
Msg: 19
What to say?
Posted: 9/26/2016 8:17:35 AM
Your responses say a lot about you and it's not good.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 20
view profile
History
What to say?
Posted: 9/26/2016 4:19:18 PM

Your responses say a lot about you and it's not good.

That was the politest way to say it! I must confess I did chuckle at your post.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 21
What to say?
Posted: 9/26/2016 4:27:54 PM
[You cant tell me when im ready or not you havent earned the right to be taken seriously by me. Goodbye ugly fatso :)]

Adding a smile at the end does not make you less of a douche bag. It is no surprise to anyone on this board why you are single.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What to say?