Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > not the one liner i was hoping for      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 2
not the one liner i was hoping forPage 1 of 1    
the good news is, if they weigh 300lbs, its not so much a problem. I have a female friend like this, age 47 but with the body of an 18 yr old. So, she can be as bad a conversationalist as she wants to be (tho, in her defense, I think its just a rampant case of airheadedness. Get her talking finances, and wow, she becomes an idiot savant. Had to chauffeur her to the hospital today for outpatient surgery. She's lying to the anesthesiologist about not smoking, not doing pot, not having mild asthma....I guess she thought all the questions meant, in the last 24 hrs.

then again, i'm shuffling her around and not getting anything more than free lunch, so who's the real dummy, right? :)
 JS3344
Msg: 3
view profile
History
One liners (One word people)
Posted: 9/16/2016 4:17:30 PM
Well you"re right, they are either not interested or retarded. I draw a hard line in the sand with people who can't communicate properly, why would you want to know them anyway? When a convo flows good and easy, then good things can happen.......
 Ouija2025
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/16/2016 4:55:32 PM
Consider yourself lucky you get a response, generally when ppl aren't interested they simply ignore and delete messages. I would guess they are not interested in you - but are polite so reply.
Why be irked what a stranger does as it doesn't physically harm you hmm
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/16/2016 9:50:50 PM
they are not interested. you're not entitled to their interest, regardless if you "matched" or whatever. these people are strangers, what they say or don't say shouldn't matter that much.
 perspektiv
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/17/2016 4:45:28 AM
I see one liners, and am quick to look for someone else.

I've had a few women tell me they'd spend as little energy on a man, until they proved to them they were worth their time. The unintended consequence of this tactic, is that the men who would be worth your time, would automatically assume, you're not worthy of theirs.

I guess the old tales some people would give you about dating, may be the reasoning. I.E Give them as little as possible, to make them want you more. One of the laws of seduction. Same reason some would say, to give things 24-48 hours, prior to replying to someone, to build interest.

I see any of the above, as games, and would stop messaging someone not putting the reciprocal level of effort into things, as I am. I'm pretty patient, but if we're 3-5 messages in, and you're still not giving any effort, you're not into me, is the quick assumption, and I move on.
 KiaMaia
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/17/2016 7:59:12 AM
I agree with this ^^. I don't do games or have any 'tactics.' I like to see how well a guy communicates, and I try to express myself as well. Two or three words just isn't going to do that.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2016 9:13:11 AM
Hey Theres are the female wink thing that males don't have the ability to do. Probably a good thing.

If you don't get an extended reply, it means they're not interested enough to reply with anything else. Perhaps you should try to make yourself interesting enough to get an interested message back.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/17/2016 9:33:33 AM
I'd like to help, but I'm currently dealing with a flurry of NO liners, so I'm swamped.
 Maleman999
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/17/2016 11:54:11 AM
^^^You need to read between the lines.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/17/2016 12:21:19 PM
Some of us are more comfortable with the readin and ritin than others.

I'm just here for the forums, so I never send a first message, and have only one poorly lit photo. But even I get the occasional message. And if I send a wordy reply, as likely as not I'll get a sentence fragment back.

Could be worse. You could end up with a stalker like Whatsamatterbaby who won't leave you alone no matter how rude you are to her.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/17/2016 12:25:09 PM
^ Any response IS a response. ❤️
 LittleDreamGirl
Msg: 17
view profile
History
not the one liner i was hoping for
Posted: 9/17/2016 11:28:52 PM
gtomustang writes:

the good news is, if they weigh 300lbs, its not so much a problem. I have a female friend like this, age 47 but with the body of an 18 yr old. So, she can be as bad a conversationalist as she wants to be.

If only it were that easy. Just have a smokin' hot bod and the men will flock to you, conversation skills be damned. I don't find this to be true. I am 45 years old and still have the body that I had at age 20. I still look good in a bikini. I regularly get comments from men about how sexy my body is. But that has not made my luck any better in the dating department. Yes, I have received messages from hundreds of men here on POF. I am a good conversationalist by nature anyway so if I choose to respond to a message I am going to make an effort. But if all it took was a hot body to maintain a guy's interest I would be in a relationship right now. Furthermore, I decided to go against my comfort zone and messaged a handful of men on here I found attractive. A few responded, but more than 60 % didn't even answer back. So sorry gtomustang, but I don't believe that to be true. I wish!
 Shewymacfee
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/18/2016 2:10:53 PM
I keep a nice list of dumped messages all ready to send.

1: "Is it hot in here or is this relationship suffocating me?"
2: "I just can't take the bad sex anymore".
3: "I'll always remember last night, but I think we can forget about tomorrow."
4: "Roses are red, Violets are blue. Garbage is dumped, now so are you."
5: "Do you believe in love at first sight? How about misery after three years?"
6: "I now pronounce you dumped and single. You may now kiss my ass."
7: "You're perfect in every way, just not for me."
8: "It's not you...it's your taste in music"
9: "Hey baby, are you being followed? Because I've been seeing people behind your back."
10: "Sorry I stopped contacting you. I had to go back to rehab."
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2016 1:24:05 AM
gtomustang

You like the idea that a hot woman is in your company and you think you have some sort of kudos because of that, perhaps. That other men may envy you. My bet is that if she was 300lbs you would let her find her own way to the hospital, right???.
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/19/2016 7:42:44 AM
There are very attractive women that know that men will do anything to get their attention. They buy them drinks, they give them money, they buy them dinners. On line, these women post nothing, and say nothing because they know they still have 300 emails a day. When you go out with them, they tell you "make me laugh." They have the ability to put and adjective and an adverb together, but rarely a complete sentence, unless they are chatting with some girlfriend.

My philosophy to these types of women have always been quite simple. I can't stand them, so I have not need or reason to tread them nice. In the end they are nothing but arm candy.

With that said, there are also a lot of very hot, very attractive women out there that have a million opinions coming out of their a ss and a complete willingness to tell you. I love those women. The more opinionated the better. The more intellectually stimulating even better. These women are not arm candy, they become your partner in crime, your soulmate, your lustful lover, your slave, your master.
 Shewymacfee
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/19/2016 8:27:22 AM
If you are in a bar/ club etc and see someone you really fancy, you would buy her a drink, chat and go through the same ritual to date this person.

Similar on here you see someone you think suits what you are looking for you write, meet, have drink etc.

In the bar would you buy drinks etc for someone you don't fancy? obviously not, so why do the same on here?

At least there is a block button on here, in a club it's called Exit (not to be confused with Exite when Jack Daniels kicks in)
 cookymaker
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2016 8:27:56 AM
As a rule- I don't respond to one line -- worse yet- one word messages
I know some people don't like to write but then why be on a site where your initial contact is - writing
If I get just a "hi" - I feel like they just looked at the picture, never read the profile or they would have something more to say....

I love conversation . I need to know that I can talk to someone, share opinions, dreams, thoughts, experiences, laugh, annoy each other in a good way-- I need a somewhat intelligent conversation to keep my brain stimulate then everything else get's stimulated.
Face it - as we get older, looks will only get you so far for just so long. WE WANT A COMPANION. That takes way more than looking hot. You need to talk.

Okay - so some may be trying like they would do in person. Smile at someone and say "hi". If they smile and say hi back - then you take it from there. Unfortunately - many of the "hi's" here - don't get any better. The next email says
"what's up". Nothing -because that's where it stops.

I know some believe that the worse scenario when meeting someone is no physical attraction . To me it's having nothing to talk about. If you are very attractive but I can not talk to you -- it ends there. If I didn't find you attractive at first but you are so full of life when you talk, make me laugh, laugh at my jokes and we seem to really get each other -
guess what - you become beautiful to me.
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/19/2016 8:54:40 AM

If you are in a bar/ club etc and see someone you really fancy, you would buy her a drink, chat and go through the same ritual to date this person.

One of the advantages of having success in online dating is, that when I went to bars or clubs, it was not to pick up, but to have fun with my friends. That took the pressure off buying anyone a drink, and if I did, it was a round to my group and maybe include someone we met there. Interestingly enough, when you have that dismissive attitude when you're at the bar and instead of buying women drinks, you banter with them, they in terms wonder why I may not find them attractive and instead engage, sometimes simply to get rid of some guy that was after them chasing too hard.

The beauty was that while I had no intend in picking up anyone, or getting any phone numbers from women, many times I ended up getting their numbers by actually NOT trying.
 JS3344
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2016 9:33:49 AM
^^^^ so true! One night a gal walks in to a place where I'm a regular....I was playing pool, she sat at the bar next to my drink. All the flies in the place tried to hit on her, and she brushed all of them off with ease. I sat down next to her, talked to the bartender, and then she engaged in conversation. After talking to her for an hour, she says "You know, we've been talking for an hour and you didn't even ask for my number, so I'm going to give it to you".........and she made it into the napkin hall of fame :D
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > not the one liner i was hoping for