Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating killer turn offs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lookin712
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offsPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Why are most woman so quick and so defensive and want to blame all men for their insecure or bad past experiances not all men are out get them and the ones that arent they wouldnt give the time of day to this is such a turn off for us gentlemen that arent out to get them...complainers get over yourselfs...
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 2
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 5:30:39 PM
So......you're here complaining that women are complaining.

And you're upset that women generalize their experiences to include most men. But of course you only say most women do this.

See what I'm getting at here?
 Robyn143
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 5:54:09 PM
wow, you are 44 years and you havent figured out that MOST people in our age group have some form of life or past experience also known as "baggage"?..instead of blaming women why dont you turn around and look at yourself and see what you did that caused them to feel that way. How about that? You apparently did or said something that triggered their instinct to not trust you...and they were right about you..since you came here whining about it. The Force is strong in most women...we can sense douchebags, users and whiners...the older we get the more we pay attention to it..grow up
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 4
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 5:58:53 PM
Lookin712: You must forgive the people above me for their lack of decorum. The only explanation for what you're experiencing is, like wise men say, "Women be biches". And yet they have the body parts you want to touch. The world is a terribly cruel place.
 JS3344
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 6:06:05 PM
women should not date a guy who can't afford a comma............
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 6:26:59 PM
how is one " about 5' 8" .. I mean you are or you aren't.
Nasty women, you all stop being bad and give OP a chance
and of course a comma
Generally I don't like grammar cops, but come on
Women
Selves
ok, I am over MYSELFS now
 perspektiv
Msg: 7
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 6:39:39 PM
I thought this was a listing of our major killer dating turnoffs.

Maybe next thread. I had no list, though.
 gtomustang
Msg: 8
Dating killer jerk offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 6:50:29 PM
Its only certain women, who seek out opportunities to take advantage of...which is why they find boys willing to do the same to them. Don't date them, go after real women instead. It will require you bringing your A game, (and that's not A for A hole, either) but the end results will be worth it.

the Force is indeed strong in women. Have a long thick lightsabre, avoid having the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 9
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 6:51:09 PM
Myselfs I think I be one of those of which
you speak and sorry it is your fault and I did
it without commas.
 Robyn143
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 7:36:03 PM
it is also extremely creepy to message someone just because they commented on one of your posts.But don't feel too special, you are probably the 10th person I have blocked today...but the night is still young.
 ndm147
Msg: 11
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 7:38:18 PM
No need for commas or punctuation it is called stream of consciousness writing and dating killer turn offs are men that think we have no baggage or carry it around like a giant purse to smack the guy in his face if he gets out of line killer heels also help and jeez expect him to buy a glass of wine no no no no some of us really did have good relationships those are the guys who died so we widowed and now on this dating site complaining that death is baggage debt is too kids are baggage jobs that take too much time are baggage our pets are baggage voting for Obama or Clinton is baggage and all I really wanted was a purse the size of a suitcase to carry all the missing apostrophes commas periods parenthesis question marks and anger..............................................................................................................................................................................................
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 12
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 7:39:44 PM

Why are most woman so quick and so defensive and want to blame all men for their insecure or bad past experiances

I have narrowed it down to 2 distinct possibilities:

1) It's in their secret guidebook of life.

or

2) Natural instinct.
 KiaMaia
Msg: 13
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 7:58:01 PM
Best thread yet.

I have no commas to add.

But I will say I don't date killer turn offs, either. I'm with the masses on this one.
 Coma_White
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 8:13:18 PM

Why are most woman so quick and so defensive and want to blame all men for their insecure or bad past experiances not all men are out get them and the ones that arent they wouldnt give the time of day to this is such a turn off for us gentlemen that arent out to get them...complainers get over yourselfs...

So, you thought you were going to meet normal people on an online dating site?
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 15
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 8:49:46 PM

"Women be biches". And yet they have the body parts you want to touch. The world is a terribly cruel place.

Hahahahahe.

Yes they are. Thank god. They have all the naughty parts I want to touch and be nasty with.

Like someone else said, women and dare I say as well, men have drama. Other words for that is baggage, fvcked up, damaged, and so on and so forth.

When ever I went into a date with a woman that was perfect, I cringed. They gave me nightmares that they would take my wine away, forced me to wake up at 5 am to run and do a swim. They would force me to go to church on the weekends, bible crap during the week, Trump rallies in off days. I would not be allowed to say fvck but only darn. And instead of saying hell, I would have to say heck. I would have to find my inlaws perfect, and either play golf or tennis.

Sex could only happen after getting married, or dated for a year and had met all her friends, mom, cousins, divorced dad, her best friend, ex husband, pastor/preacher/priest. Once it was accepted it would only happen after appropriate showers, dinner that had to be over the 120 dollar mark, but with only one glass of wine each. It would have to be with the lights out, to touching too much and at the proper time have mutually faked orgasms.

Yeah. Give me the screwed up, crazy, **** any time.
 daynadaze
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 10:39:17 PM
There is an answer, stop dating women. There is no reason to spend time trying to get with people who aren't interested in you, it's a waste of your time. Spend your time looking for people who do not have the things you so dislike. You are trying to make these women care what you think of them, they do not, you are trying to belittle them to manipulate them into hating themselves and then become what you want them to be. That does not happen in real life, you have to find the type of people you like, just as they are, and not waste time trying to demean others.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 17
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 10:53:23 PM
"Why are most woman so quick and so defensive and want to blame all men for their insecure or bad past experiances not all men are out get them "

Nooo. People assume the best about those they feel the tingles for. When dumped, then they generalize and say that gender is evil.(But we are always talking about the population they would date, vs not ever date-- they don't factor in)

"and the ones that arent they wouldnt give the time of day to this is such a turn off for us gentlemen that arent out to get them...complainers get over yourselfs.."

Yes, people they are not attracted to cannot hurt them nor please them, as they do not register on the radar.
You are a non entity to them. Your lack of abusiveness is not enough.

Just forget people who don't want you. Pick from those that do.
How hard is that? Makes life simpler, frees up wasted time getting sidetracked by people who don't appreciate you.

Stop thinking irrationally, try to get happy, 'cuz that's your only option, as bitter people are not going to get dates.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/28/2016 11:22:38 PM
Feel like I'm in the wrong room - I thought this thread was a caution about dangerous off-ramps when driving home with a date.

On the contrary - I believe most men are out to get women or at least one woman, and most people would give the time of day to anyone who asked. Never kicked a woman out of bed ( did get up and leave twice ) but did tell one woman to stop telling me her long-winded sister-mama-drama stories, since I was clueless on what to do about those kind of issues. Flat out told her I didn't want to hear it, and I'd hang up in the future.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/29/2016 3:00:20 AM
You are the one complaining. Do you not get the irony? You need to take care of your spelling and grammar if you want any decent woman to give you time of day on here. So you get over yourself as well. lol!
 Cdan1957
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/29/2016 7:50:17 AM
What? What is your sample size for this conclusion? If you are not getting the time of day I have a feeling it has nothing to do with their previous experiences. If you want to talk about turn-offs, I have a few.

I think I am going to email Robyn so I can help her set a new record for most blocks in a day!
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/29/2016 9:42:56 AM
I know I am very cynical. I know I complain a lot. I know that kind of stuff is detrimental to finding people in here.
A guy just coming in here and sounding off can easily be dismissed as sour grapes, but there IS hypocrisy in online dating and social media that goes beyond simply crying about cryers.

Sometimes, I think people keep their profiles vague and, "If you want to know more, please ask." generic - because if they truly stated what they felt, it would reveal just how cynical, jaded or insecure they really are. We are all trying to be nice, but it's very difficult to do it for thousands of internet ghosts again and again, especially when a vast majority don't care if we really exist, and the few we've made connections to didn't turn out so well.

I get a laugh out of how warm and fuzzy some friends make their online dating profiles - because in real life, and even on Facebook, they are just LOADED with vinegar. That's hypocrisy at it's best.

I really do wish people could be more true to life with their dating profiles, but they are personals advertising, not a diary - and they are only meant to convey an image to sell that's recognizable, and desired. How much of the truth needs to be stretched to create that image will vary from person to person, and how people interpret, enjoy or tolerate that message is never the same way twice. It's why making a true connection is never going to be good odds, and why people reply to cryers in here with cynicism and intolerance -- because the world is what it is, and it won't change just because we want it to -- so get used to it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 22
Killer jerk offs
Posted: 9/29/2016 10:03:50 AM
There is hypocrisy in humanity, both here and IRL. We can spot it and avoid it if we like...unless we tend to attract to us, the type of personality who results in using hypocrisy to get thru daily life. Around here, the ladies who have the "just ask" profile are hot. Hot enough you can tell just from looking, they get approached by the hour by horndogs hoping for a chance. I don't blame those ladies for not putting a lot of effort into something that gets served up on a platter. And if I get to know them, I find out that, yes....they are usually superficial. Why shouldn't they be? some guy is always running in to solve their problems. Guys will put up with their superficiality in order to get some of that cookie.

There are people out there who lie about their weight, etc on their profile, which is why if I was going to go out on a date with them, i'd keep it a simple first meet at a place I enjoy, should I not enjoy their company. However, a guy like me doesn't even get that far, so at least i'm not having my time wasted like some others around here. Still, I think if we pay attention more to personality than to looks, we can figure out the time wasters in life...and pass up their hot bodies to move on to someone less of a waste of our time. Of course, if we decide we're going to take a gamble on these people in hope of hopping into bed, we shouldn't complain our gamble didn't pay off.
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 23
Killer jerk offs
Posted: 9/29/2016 1:38:28 PM

Around here, the ladies who have the "just ask" profile are hot. Hot enough you can tell just from looking, they get approached by the hour by horndogs hoping for a chance. I don't blame those ladies for not putting a lot of effort into something that gets served up on a platter. And if I get to know them, I find out that, yes....they are usually superficial. Why shouldn't they be? some guy is always running in to solve their problems. Guys will put up with their superficiality in order to get some of that cookie.

You hit the nail on the head with those type of women. When I was dating, and got really good at hitting on very attractive women, I tried to pursue some of those "Just ask" types. And low and behold, even though I got rejected a lot, some of them bit and I went out with them. They were the biggest freaking disappointment. They really are the "make me laugh" mentality that expect the man to completely cater to them. Yet, they tell you the stories of those hunk of guys that treated them like total sh it and they still would bend over backwards for those guys. So I learned my lesson. No substance, no message from me.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 24
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/29/2016 1:49:11 PM
(LOL) "I thought this thread was a caution about dangerous off-ramps when driving home with a date."

............gentlemen that arent out to get them.

Well of course not. They haven't left the house yet!, Still stuck lookin' over the GPS,
HHHmmmm ......How to get there? All those exit ramps lead to nowhere.
The pavement just ends
The bridge drops off into oblivion,

Yikers! That there turn-off could just kill ya!

"Killer dating turnoffs.!"

(Awringin' of the hands, teeth knashin', What to do, What to do!!!!
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 25
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/29/2016 7:35:55 PM

I hate that negativity in a profile about no players, no cheaters etc and it's kind of silly to put it in a profile...

The interesting thing is that those type of women, when the average guys hit on them, these women treat the guys like dirt. Which means that the only guys that know how to get to her, are exactly the ones that she does not want. The players. I laugh at how pathetic this is, but how often I have seen it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating killer turn offs