Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking to improve my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kwith
Msg: 1
Looking to improve my profilePage 1 of 1    
Ok, I've messaged a number of women and so far, 99% have resulted in views and messages deleted without a response. The only explanation is I'm doing something wrong. So lets start with my profile.

Any help, tips, suggestions, criticisms, I would appreciate them. Also, feel free to be blunt and honest. I'd much rather have people tell me exactly whats wrong than try to sugar coat things out of fear of hurting one's feelings.
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Looking to improve my profile
Posted: 10/22/2016 2:54:38 PM
Two things immediately stood out to me.

1) I like to try and guess someone's age from their main photo. For you, I would've bet money on 50+. That's not a good thing. Unfortunately the other photo you have is not terribly flattering, either. How about a straight forward facing smiling well-lit head/shoulders shot? Have your son take it, look into the camera, smile. At least one casual (not an obvious selfie) full length shot would also be appreciated. In all age ranges, photos are important.

2) There is WAY too much info on your son. At this stage, all your viewer wants to know about the kids situation is how many/how old/how often. That's it. If you feel the need to add more in that respect, it may be helpful to add that you are open to dating someone who may also have a child(ren) at home. If not, don't.

A viewer wants to know what activities you enjoy (as an adult, not a parent) so they can envision spending time with you. Expanding a couple of lines on your Interests would help, so long as you can do it with description and (hopefully) humour.

You had a rather detailed review in 2008 and you obviously changed up quite a bit. Now, it's down to getting better photos, dialing back the paragraph on the kid and giving your viewer a better idea of what makes you her perfect choice.

Do post back to this same thread instead of starting another once you've done some edits. Good luck!
 Kwith
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/22/2016 3:51:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I'm not very photogenic and I absolutely despise photos of myself so its really hard to put any online, especially recent ones. I must say, 50+ is quite the shocker, looks like I'm going to have to do something about that.

I've made a few changes, reductions and alterations to my profile. I think my next course of action is going to be getting back into shape. I unfortunately let myself slack off the past while, but that needs to change.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/22/2016 4:24:26 PM
Hi :)
To me you look bigger than average.. not a problem, people do look for body types.
I agree, mention your Son, custody and then leave it at that. She isn't expecting to become his Momma after date three
You open it rather down. Then you fall into cliches.
What do you like to do for fun> what makes you YOU?
What type of woman are you looking for? You ok she has smaller children at home with her?
More pictures, at least one outdoors, and one full body. Second picture now is a bit foreboding
I like to see a first name.. plus it is a trick all sales people use
Embrace the shape you are -
To me the profile has an air of melancholy. You are young, above ground, have things to offer
So get offering!!!!!!!
Lose all the restrictions and screen your inbox. Why keep people out>
I wish you the best
 Kwith
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/22/2016 4:56:36 PM
So I made a few more minor changes, hopefully this will improve the profile a bit. I'll need to get some better pictures on there as well though.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/22/2016 5:49:34 PM
Pictures are what sells you here.. so you can write sonnets but bad pictures and you sink
 Forums_only
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/22/2016 7:51:56 PM
No one thinks they're photogenic, but there are certain things you can do in your photos to help show of your best face. You look to be two completely different people in your current photos. Smiles and eyes, really, that''s what needs to be in your main photo. You don't look 50+ in the second photo because it's a better photo, but I bet you could still do better.

This line: Don't worry though, I'm not looking for a mother for him, he has one already is too obnoxious to be left in your profile. We see by your stats you have at least one child. If someone were 'worried' about it, they wouldn't be reading that far anyway. Again - all we want to know is how many/how old/how often. Some women want to avoid teens, some want to avoid toddlers. Give her the clues.
 Kwith
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/22/2016 8:44:43 PM
I appreciate your feedback. I'll be making those changes, hopefully it reads a bit better now. Next will be getting some better pictures on there. That is the difficult part because as I said, I hate pictures of myself, which is why I have so few of them. I'll see what I can do to get some better ones up there.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking to improve my profile