Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > No luck getting messages or responses; need a review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharFL72
Msg: 1
No luck getting messages or responses; need a reviewPage 1 of 1    
Would love a review; had luck on pof in past but not this time around. Maybe I need tips for initial messages. Always had good luck on pof before but was off dating someone for 4 months but single again now and back and cant get in the swing of it again. I added new recent pics.
 TheZombieReturns
Msg: 2
No luck getting messages or responses; need a review
Posted: 10/25/2016 6:07:15 AM
The headline "Pls Rescue me from drowning on POF" sounds desperate to me. Can you make a better headline?
That's not even proper English.

You only have 6 interests? I think you should add 6 more.

Your About Me section has numerous spelling errors. E.g. smilar, I'm am, doesnt, etc.
You may want to visit the web site grammarcheck dot net and copy & paste your profile in there to check for errors.
It only takes a few seconds and may be worth your time.

You say that you have a Graduate Degree, so people are going to judge the profile on a harder level.
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/25/2016 7:28:11 AM
The photos are really cute.

Some of the Interests are too generic to be of use - what kind of music is your favourite? what kind of genre do you prefer to read? Who is your favourite author? What about adding a favourite holiday spot, or comedian whose style you especially enjoy? No need to include "Friends" as an interest as that falls under The Obvious Clause.

There is a lot of talk of cuddling and snuggling, yet nothing about the horses. Are those yours? What kind of work do you do and what do you love about it?

Initial messages should be 3-4 sentences at most, specific to one topic in his profile, light humoured and include a question so he has an easy way to respond IF he wants to.

I'm not too familiar with the geography in your specific area, but would someone 75 miles away from your town in any direction not still be in the US? No need for both those email restrictions.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/25/2016 7:38:46 AM
You really need to fix the grammar - reads choppy
Don't feature other women on your dating profile
Don't say cuddling.
Friends aren't an Interest
Lose the mail restrictions and screen your inbox
Like your array of photos, not sure the Main is working tho, bit too extreme close up
Beautiful horse but you ought not be giving out info that ppl can trace you by - save that for when you meet and click
Good luck
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/25/2016 9:48:29 AM
Photos are good; could add a month/year to the caption. You joined this site a zillion years ago, so putting the caption will help reassure viewers the photos aren't ancient.

Your age restrictions are -11 to +6. People who have been here for years sometimes don't update those numbers, so as the years go on, they look like they're seeking someone significantly younger and not considering anyone not much older.

"Me and my horse" is cringeworthy wording.

Once you polish your profile, try messaging them first.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > No luck getting messages or responses; need a review