Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RingaDingDingBaby
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile review please!Page 1 of 1    
Hello fellow fishers! A little advice r.e. my profile, please. I've been single for almost two years now and I've definitely lost whatever "game" I may have possessed before my previous relationship. In fact, as a painfully introverted person the art of speaking to people in general eludes me and I fear it may show. At first glance, to me, my profile is an honest portrayal of who I am as a person. I'm not one for false advertising, but perhaps that doesn't scream "come hither". Any insight into why I'm receiving 878347272 views and precisely zero messages would be greatly appreciated. Whatever I'm working with clearly isn't working and I'm stumped. Gratzi!
 Robyn143
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile review please!
Posted: 10/28/2016 5:00:49 PM
I think the about me section is too long and too much personal info about yourself...save the depression talk, that can gently be brought up when you are getting to know each other. You lack self confidence...it is clearly evident and it is a turn off for most women. You keep saying how unattractive you are when you clearly are NOT ugly. You are getting views because you are a good looking young man but then you drive them away with your profile. leave out the part about the redheads, the extra pounds and the SJW
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile review please!
Posted: 10/28/2016 5:06:57 PM
Your about me section contains too much self-deprecation. I would not state up front you have anxiety and depression. Some women may think if they do not have red hair and have a few extra pounds body type to click "next."
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Profile review please!
Posted: 10/28/2016 6:43:10 PM
I totally get (and appreciate) your sense of humour, but it doesn't translate so well to a dating profile. My mind did wander a bit in the middle paragraph so that maybe needs a surgical edit.

No one was thinking about A&D until you brought it up. If it will affect your ability to be a thoroughly engaged partner, reconsider the whole thing. If it's manageable and you can truthfully say you'll be able to participate in a relationship, that information can wait until you have someone trustworthy to discuss it with. I would be more worried about the way you present yourself in public with the other paragraphs accenting your grouchiness.

So far as receiving views and no messages, do you mean you get no replies to your messages? Or are you literally waiting for women to flock to you first? (spoiler alert - not gonna happen)

In all age ranges, great photos work to get you looked at. No obvious selfies, no washed out flash photos. You have a brilliant smile - work it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Profile review please!
Posted: 10/29/2016 5:30:42 AM
Hi :0
For a blog it is pretty good, as a dating profile yikes.
It is far too negative ( what is up with the whine about princesses.. like you really have dated royalty hmm?)
So it comes across as jaded and weary and then you reveal too much personal info. Were you trying to elicit pity dates?Like a well crafted CV you want to put your best foot forward. ( Why should we hire you, well I don't eat my co - workers)
Interests - fire?????
Could tone down the devotion to martin
Pictures - use the B and W one as the Main, too much stuff in the one you have now. Most are too alike.
Love your sense of humor but I agree it doesn't always work on a profile.. keep just a bit in
If I was your age I'd be on you like lint cheap black suit -
Header- since I hear about all the misfits perhaps pick something else
idk,

“Laughter is poison to fear.”
 ryuoki
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Profile review please!
Posted: 10/29/2016 12:59:18 PM
Keep this in mind when you are writing your profile. Women are already looking for reasons NOT to date you. Don't help them out.
 RingaDingDingBaby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Profile review please!
Posted: 10/29/2016 1:53:13 PM
Bam! Words of wisdom! Thanks for all of the feedback, guys. Taken it all on board. And to answer your question; I mean I'm not being contacted, nor am I being replied to. Hopefully that'll change after a few tweaks. Cheers everyone, and good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please!