Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile is a little generic. Could use some help. Cheers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RayBradshaw
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile is a little generic. Could use some help. CheersPage 1 of 1    
My mate told me about the forum said people would be willing to help, so thought I would try. Really new to all of this online dating stuff and not a big talker about myself so really am unsure on what I need to put. Just wanted some help.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

:) :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Profile is a little generic. Could use some help. Cheers
Posted: 10/30/2016 1:04:10 PM
Both photos need to go and be replaced by non-obvious selfies or photos that other people have taken. If you MUST put in the group photo, crop it so it's just you before you post it. Girls want to see great smiles - it makes you look like you'd be more fun to spend time with.

You have 3 sedentary Interests. What about a favourite getaway spot? Comedian? food or cuisine? music group or artist?

The line about being in bed all day needs to go. It implies more than you imagine and, at this stage, is just wrong.

The contact info is against site rules (no giving out personal contact info directly in your profile) and makes you appear too desperate. Don't do that.

Start with the photos - that's 99% of the initial appeal. Post back to this same thread when you've done some editing.
 ryuoki
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2016 5:32:41 PM
Well you have already edited your profile. Other than getting better pictures up you are off to a good start. You left me curious to know more about you, though we aren't each others type. :D Pictures are the most important thing you could do for your profile. It is one of the hardest things I have to do. I loath posing for pictures. I find it a waste of time stopping what I am doing to have one taken, even as short of a time as it takes. But you do what you gotta do. A good face shot and a body shot go a long way. And taking out the contact info is already another good thing as this site is 100% free, no need for outside contact info until you have established a rapport. And even then, it should be your phone numbers for a most direct method of arranging a date.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2016 1:43:51 PM
No no. Take down that horrid picture with your face all distorted. Those filter aps will not help you here. It looks sophomoric and childish.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2016 9:38:06 PM
Load a full length shot of yourself so the girls can see how overweight you may be. You say you are new to this online dating stuff yet your profile has been here over two years. The header needs to go and replaced with some comment that will get a girl's attention. Gals wont contact you first to find out more unless they have an agenda and may want to scam you.

However keep your expectations very low as you have lots of competition on here for few genuine attractive girls. The success rates are typically very poor and you need a strong sense of self esteem for the inevitable rejections you will face.

1peep1
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/4/2016 5:06:11 AM
do women ever like a guy saying he is "shy" at first?

i think not and if you're thats fine and she'll work it out though no need to advertise it in profile front and centre

also cartoon/ed modded pic i don't think is any good
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile is a little generic. Could use some help. Cheers