Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Someone may be accessing my account without my knowledge?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Shaun 28
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Someone may be accessing my account without my knowledge?Page 1 of 1    
Hi
So started talking to a girl..things went great and we spoke everyday for 6 days and all was well..on the 7th day (friday) i was busy with friends etc so did not message her on friday. On the evening of the 8th day (saturday) i message her and say hi etc. She replies that we messaged on fri nite and "do i no recall the conversation?"
Basically she swears we spoke on the friday night even though i know 100% that we did not.
Thinking maybe someone accessed my account and spoke to her i began checking it out and there is absolutely no eveidence of this alleged conversation taking place. The existing conversation starting from the 1st day of talking with her is entirely complete except not one entry for friday nights supposed chat..nothing for friday nite at all..only thurs nite then straight to saturday nite?
Also my email account that pof account is linked to has all notifications for all messages i recieved from her (as pof sends notification to email if all activity in account) for every day we spoke..except there is not one notification email of a message recieved from her on the friday in my email.

So it seems either someone accessed my account on the friday night and spoke to her (and completely sabotaged my chances with her btw) and did it in a way that there is absolutely no trace of the conversation either on my phone or on the desktop version accessed via a PC......
Or she is just making this all up to ditch me but i doubt that as usually they just vanish and dont come out with some elaborate story just to get away from you plus things were going great so i cant see why she would do that is she seems as hurt as i am by all this and has "run for cover"

So was hoping someone could answer/solve this mystery for me as i have no idea what really happened?
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 2
Someone may be accessing my account without my knowledge?
Posted: 10/31/2016 3:12:56 PM
If there's no evidence in your contact history with her on the Friday then she was making it up. Or confused you with someone else she was talking to.

Did she say what was in the message /s ? Something out of character from "you"?
 SydneyChalkie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2016 3:25:21 PM
I agree,

I think she has many conversations going on at the same time and simply mixed you up with someone else.

If you have made it reasonably clear it wasn't you and there is no evidence at your end to back her claim then just cut off contact and move along.
 gingerosity
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2016 3:38:59 PM
There are lots of things it could be, most of which involve accidental or deliberate confusion between the two of you rather than a security breach from a third party. I would probably change my password to be safe, but otherwise not worry too much about it.

Reading between the lines, the most likely explanation seems to me that she was expecting you to be available to talk on friday and was expressing her dissatisfaction about that not happening and the lack of progress in general. I suggest you arrange a meeting sooner next time, as 6 straight days of talking should be more than enough to decide to put up or shut up. Hell, if you approach her now with understanding and a suggestion to meet in a few days you might still have a chance with this one... although the apparent difficulty in communicating may not be a good sign for compatibility anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Someone may be accessing my account without my knowledge?