Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Holding Onto Your Virginity an Issue      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nataly66687
Msg: 1
Holding Onto Your Virginity an IssuePage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Every time I tell a guy I am a virgin and I am saving myself for marriage I get responses like this

"Honestly I don't want to lead you on. I am expecting to have sex with the person I'm dating , and I think that is a problem so I think its best I don't lead you on. I think your very nice and sweet and I think its great you've held your virginity, hope you find what your looking for, it was nice meeting you."

Why can't no man wait it out, to have sex, on marriage night, during the honeymoon when your suppose to do it. Everyone tells me being a virgin is great and that special guy will come along, but honestly I don't think that's ever going to happen.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 2
Holding Onto Your Virginity an Issue
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:19:05 PM
This is a decision you made for yourself. The people you talk to respect that decision. Why are you asking strangers on a sparsely populated message board for their opinions?

This either works for you or it doesn't. Only you can make that decision.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:20:50 PM
Well, you can tell them you will allow them to take photos while you model for them in the nude, like you did for your last boyfriend.

Maybe that will satisfy their "urges."
 nataly66687
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:22:15 PM

Well, you can tell them you will allow them to take photos while you model for them in the nude, like you did for your last boyfriend.

Maybe that will satisfy their "urges."

I NEVER took nude photos for my ex boyfriend or any of my previous boyfriends.
Msg: 5
 nataly66687
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:28:43 PM

Oh **** off. That was years ago and I am NEVER doing that shit again. Thats for sluts, whores,****, hoes, to do.
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:31:15 PM
And yet you just said:

I NEVER took nude photos for my ex boyfriend or any of my previous boyfriends.

So, I gues that makes you a "virgin" AND a liar.
 daynadaze
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:41:37 PM
You are either attracting or are attracted to the wrong men. Find out more about places where you can meet other virgins or men who are looking for virgins, and of course make sure you are interested in them as a whole. If this is important to you, then going the extra mile to find the right people should also be important.
 nataly66687
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:50:11 PM

You are either attracting or are attracted to the wrong men. Find out more about places where you can meet other virgins or men who are looking for virgins, and of course make sure you are interested in them as a whole. If this is important to you, then going the extra mile to find the right people should also be important.

Well I've tried those religious dating sites and app's and even those guys aren't virgins or just say they are when they really aren't. The real virgins I never find very attractive or they live far away.

And I am NOT a liar I don't have to tell everyone about my whole life in 1 shot. And you don't have to be a ****.
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:54:58 PM
Ummm ...

And I am NOT a liar

Yeah, you are.

I don't have to tell everyone about my whole life in 1 shot.

Too late.

You posted about it, so you DID tell everyone about your ex-BF having nude photos of you.

Then ... you lied about NEVER having taken nude photos. I'd say YOU are the one being a liar and a ****.
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/3/2016 10:29:51 PM

Oh **** off. That was years ago and I am NEVER doing that shit again. Thats for sluts, whores,****, hoes, to do.

Woah! That has to be one of THE nastiest things I've read here. How DARE you judge us? Who the hell do you think you are? You're rude, argumentative and insulting. Are you really a Catholic? I'm a Christian too but I do not behave the way you do on here and swear all the time.

Get over yourself or remain happy in your world and stop the self pity posts. You are who you are. We are who we are too so shut up.
 nataly66687
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/3/2016 10:33:17 PM

Woah! That has to be one of THE nastiest things I've read here. How DARE you judge us? Who the hell do you think you are? You're rude, argumentative and insulting. Are you really a Catholic? I'm a Christian too but I do not behave the way you do on here and swear all the time.

Get over yourself or remain happy in your world and stop the self pity posts. You are who you are. We are who we are too so shut up.

Why don't you just bug off and leave me alone. We are getting off topic here. I really think I will never find a guy who is going to want to wait until marriage to have sex. Because all guys of today WANT SEX.
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/3/2016 11:05:35 PM
I apologise. I was harsh in my post. But can't you see how frustrated some of us get when you tell us off in CAPITAL LETTERS? Not nice is it? One's instant reaction is to retaliate.

Not ALL guys want sex before marriage, It depends on their religious beliefs, their culture and their being. So I encourage you to not be so cold and negative. One day you WILL meet a man who fits into your jigsaw puzzle.
Won't be easy but I'm sure it will happen one day. A man who will tick all the boxes of what you want. Similarly, the same man will tick the same boxes. If it's 5 out of 10 for you both, then be willing to compromise. Life is not a bed of roses. Just saying.
 gcdeb
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 12:59:13 AM
It's not true that ALL guys want sex before marriage, or straight away.

I dated a man when I was in my 30s who told me on the first date that he always waited three months before having sex with a new partner. I dated a man in my early 50s who said similar. Both men meant it. The first would have been happy to wait until marriage.

But here is your problem. That's two men I've met/dated who felt that way. All of the rest were either dumped for being too pushy about it, or were happy to let me set the pace, or wanted to take their time before getting intimate. But most men (and most women) will want to progress to intimacy within a reasonable timeframe and definitely before marriage.

So you have set yourself up to have a very limited dating pool. That's fine but you have to accept it's what you have to work with.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 2:42:25 AM
Firstly, if you make your own exclusions, you have to accept that the consequence of that is that you're narrowing your field when it comes to dating. There's no point moaning about it when you're the one setting the rules. You live in a sexually liberated state; you could always move to a strictly Catholic country. Or become a Muslim...

Secondly...

... is frankly offensive and unnecessary. I can see why people avoid you when you're so judgmental.
 sticchic
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/4/2016 4:09:56 AM
This person is in transition and in need of psychiatric help. Just vote her threads be deleted and pray (s)he gets the psychiatric helps (s)he needs.
 Walts
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/4/2016 4:50:52 AM

Why can't no man wait it out, to have sex, on marriage night, during the honeymoon when your suppose to do it.

I know I'm wasting my time but, well, here I go.

Understand YOUR choices are YOURS. If you want to start trying to tell others what to do that's fine but, get ready (and able) to listen to others who will tell you to shove it.

I'm not "suppose to do" anything that I do not chose to do myself. It's part of being an individual. Just as, it's your choice not to have sex before a human manufactured ceremony. If you want others to accept your choices, you better be grown up enough to accept theirs.

This is just another one of YOUR problems OP that you can add to YOUR list.
 gtomustang
Msg: 20
Holding Onto Your Issue of Virginity Magazine--check out the centerfold
Posted: 11/4/2016 5:02:26 AM
Do you put on your profile you're a virgin and waiting for marriage and don't bother you unless they want blue balls to hang on their Christmas tree? I haven't looked at the profile in a few minutes. Maybe that'll scare off the pervs

"why can't no man wait it out"

>>>b/c it feels soooo good its not worth tying it into a knot :)

oh, and the flowers look nice.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/4/2016 5:51:32 AM
That special guy is probably out there.

Many guys begin with the goal of waiting until his wedding night. Then he's 30 years old and regrets passing on opportunities to do it. Then the poor chap has trouble because girls he meets want a man with experience, so he has to stay quiet and let her assume he's done it.

Many guys don't plan to get married anymore. They see the high divorce rate, they observe how miserable many married men are, they may have grown up in a household where the father wasn't present, with the mother just viewing the father as a walking wallet for alimony and "child support". They don't think they could find anyone worth marrying, or they see women don't contribute with traditional domestic duties, that most married Western women aren't exclusive. If he's not going to get married, there's no reason to save himself for marriage.

Nataly, because your other thread got deleted, would you like to post on this thread how things went at the concert your ex might have attended? Am guessing it was uneventful: you didn't see him at all, you saw him there but you two didn't speak, or you did speak but it was a short harmless pleasant "hi, how are you?" If this is correct, it shows it's unnecessary for you to worry about upcoming possible problems.
 Maleman999
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/4/2016 5:52:58 AM

Why can't no man wait it out, to have sex

Because men don't like manipulative women, who use sex as a reward or prize to be won for proper behavior. Can you guarantee you and a wait-until-marriage future spouse will have the same sex drive?
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/4/2016 7:47:13 AM
Nataly,

There is nothing "wrong" with being a virgin. HOWEVER, being an old virgin is something that most men will regard as a detriment.
In other words, it is NOT a selling point, it is a liability.

People who wait for marriage to have sex, generally intend to get married well before your age of 29. Waiting so long may be a red flag for most guys. They are concerned that you may not enjoy sex, that you may not be "good" at it, that they will have to bring you up to speed, etc.

In other words ... training a mature woman to be a decent sexual partner is not something most guys in your age bracket are looking forward to.

You have to accept that you come with a long list of "qualities" and character traits that are detrimental to your ability to attract a suitable partner:
Won't work,
Can't drive,
Call yourself spoiled,
Call yourself lazy,
Have a self-proclaimed sense of entitlement and wonder why your mom expects you to contribute money to the household,
No education,
Limited interests suited toward a younger crowd (cosplay, concerts, hanging at malls)
No income, except what your mom gives you for doing chores,
No car,
Doesn't like to cook, though you claim you can,
Reliance on social media for support versus maintaining real world relationships,
Propensity to get angry easily and insult people when you don't hear what you want,
A tendency to retreat to a fantasy world of your own construct, where you feel safe,
An unapologetic sense that you can lie to misrepresent yourself in order to support a fantasy view of your own self-constructed reality,

These are all traits you have displayed on boards such as this.

It is not one particular trait that makes you unattractive to men, but your "prize" of virginity, becomes just another liability when coupled with the spectre of a woman in her 30th year who has no ability to function as an independent adult and is nothing more than a parasite looking to move from the mommy "host" to the husband "host." Your inability to see, that in today's world, you are nothing but a mouth to feed, with little more to offer than the "claims" you present in your profile about having good character (don't forget, you showed yourself to be a liar in this thread - not considered a positive personality trait) shows you are also delusional.

Gee, what guy wouldn't want a 29 year old dependent child-woman for whom he is responsible to feed, clothe, bathe (Remember arguing with your mom about regular showers/grooming?), who claims to be a virgin (she's a liar, remember?) and may not want to have sex AFTER marriage, threatens suicide when things don't go her way, has to be completely supported financially and emotionally, needs health insurance (you'll lose MediCal if your husband has a job, because he will be responsible for ALL your bills), expects to be driven around, etc., etc. etc., ...

In short your tote sheet is full of entries in the "debit" column, with no perceptible offsets in the "credit" column.

However, we do look forward to your next clueless post about how you find it difficult to navigate the mysterious waters of human existence.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/4/2016 8:04:00 AM
"all guys of today WANT SEX "

The guys of yesterday and tomorrow too !

There are some guys willing to wait until marriage but I would imagine the percentile would be quite low - especially in N. America.

Maybe move to Tibet ?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 8:07:54 AM
Perhaps the problem is you.

The majority of men can hold out to have sex with the right woman if it is for good reasons, but that just doesn't seem to apply to you.

I know you are special, maybe you need to work on become even more special.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/4/2016 8:09:15 AM
I think the lady protests too much
as evidenced by her fib on this very thread
 Ed Bear
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 8:11:08 AM
If you want to get married before having sex, you don't want anything to do with men who don't want to be institutionalized in marriage.

And that's a big part of the population.

I'm cheered to hear that you haven't met a lot of men who insulted you, or lied to you. If they don't want what you want, it's only decent to say so while your clothes are still on.
ED BEAR
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Holding Onto Your Virginity an Issue