Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Anyone else in Australia actually having success?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Anyone else in Australia actually having success?Page 1 of 1    
Who else is from Australia and has actually been successfully making connections and meeting people in real life?

I've let my paid subscription drop because it's just done SFA to improve the 'quality' of prospects in the year I had it.
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Anyone else in Australia actually having success?
Posted: 11/4/2016 7:32:48 AM
Define "success".

Being a paid member is a waste of money. It brings some novelty benefits but nothing value adding. Wise decision to drop it.

To answer your question, this year I've agreed to meet up with 4 different men. There were a few more that I conversed with before deciding not to meet, and a few more than that who never progresses past the first message. Not sure if I'm a good example though because my profile is "not looking" and a man has to really really pique my interest for me to agree to meet. Presumably I'd have better "success" if I were actively looking?? Who knows lol.

Have you tried getting a Profile Review? There are several things you could do to improve your chances of success.
 gingerosity
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 11:52:50 PM

Who else is from Australia and has actually been successfully making connections and meeting people in real life?

Nah. I hid my profile soon after signing up. When someone wanted to meet up I realised that I didn't and was only chatting to validate my ego and alleviate boredom. As nice and addictive as the little surges of dopamine are, it isn't right to waste people's time when they are looking for oxytocin.
 windensea63
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/18/2016 5:00:28 AM

Anyone else in Australia actually having success? [/quote

No, whilst I'm mostly at fault, it's made all the more difficult when you have to exclude lot's of women who are 50+ years old and smoke.

So many women smoke and yet they expect to be able to meet someone.

Reality check required, Ladies. Try quitting.
Posted: 11/27/2016 10:12:41 PM

Define Success

Ditto to GCDeb & Ginger... hidden profile for me, and seeing 'same ol, same ol' faces here year after year, someone 'new' would have to seriously turn on the 'zinger' for me to consider unhiding... and making a 'welcome to the pond' comment/introduction....

meanwhile, I'm retreating even further away from OLD and giving up home internet in a month... moving house & downsizing to a cottage, buying a single bed and becoming crazy chicken lady and gardening... been slack this year in the running dept and going to get meself into some half marathons in next decade.... nope, not fazed about 'romance'...
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Anyone else in Australia actually having success?