Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Anyone else in Australia actually having success?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar69
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Anyone else in Australia actually having success?Page 1 of 1    
Who else is from Australia and has actually been successfully making connections and meeting people in real life?

I've let my paid subscription drop because it's just done SFA to improve the 'quality' of prospects in the year I had it.
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Anyone else in Australia actually having success?
Posted: 11/4/2016 7:32:48 AM
Define "success".

Being a paid member is a waste of money. It brings some novelty benefits but nothing value adding. Wise decision to drop it.

To answer your question, this year I've agreed to meet up with 4 different men. There were a few more that I conversed with before deciding not to meet, and a few more than that who never progresses past the first message. Not sure if I'm a good example though because my profile is "not looking" and a man has to really really pique my interest for me to agree to meet. Presumably I'd have better "success" if I were actively looking?? Who knows lol.

Have you tried getting a Profile Review? There are several things you could do to improve your chances of success.
 gingerosity
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 11:52:50 PM

Who else is from Australia and has actually been successfully making connections and meeting people in real life?

Nah. I hid my profile soon after signing up. When someone wanted to meet up I realised that I didn't and was only chatting to validate my ego and alleviate boredom. As nice and addictive as the little surges of dopamine are, it isn't right to waste people's time when they are looking for oxytocin.
 windensea63
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/18/2016 5:00:28 AM

Anyone else in Australia actually having success? [/quote

No, whilst I'm mostly at fault, it's made all the more difficult when you have to exclude lot's of women who are 50+ years old and smoke.

So many women smoke and yet they expect to be able to meet someone.

Reality check required, Ladies. Try quitting.
Posted: 11/27/2016 10:12:41 PM

Define Success

Ditto to GCDeb & Ginger... hidden profile for me, and seeing 'same ol, same ol' faces here year after year, someone 'new' would have to seriously turn on the 'zinger' for me to consider unhiding... and making a 'welcome to the pond' comment/introduction....

meanwhile, I'm retreating even further away from OLD and giving up home internet in a month... moving house & downsizing to a cottage, buying a single bed and becoming crazy chicken lady and gardening... been slack this year in the running dept and going to get meself into some half marathons in next decade.... nope, not fazed about 'romance'...
 wungo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2017 5:50:43 PM
Smoking is not the only problem. I smoke and find that a lot of non smokers do not even view my profile.
Add to this many women are wanting "Mr Perfect" 100% match to their wish list.
The biggest intro message I get is "good morning" . When I reply it's disappointing to find their next message is brief and full of spelling mistakes. That gives you nothing to work with on starting a conversation.
 wungo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2017 7:20:43 PM
POF member for a month and had one lunch date so far. Her only photo had to be at least 10 years old. Grizzled all through main course about her bankruptcy and health issues. Then over dessert, wanted to know if I could still perform at bed time. All the time I tried to be polite but wanted Scotty to beam me up. The next day she started haunting me with text messages wanting to know if I didn't like her. I never replied, bottom line was I didn't know how to deal with it. I can only hope my next date meeting, if I ever get one is more cheerful .
 ready4u182
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/9/2017 3:50:40 AM
Is the same story all over the world if it makes you feel any better.
 newlikeababy
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/26/2017 12:14:52 AM
went on a date thingy a little over a week ago, ok a small success...but I probably failed as far as the date was concerned hahah, im not a paid subscriber if your interested, I mean the system works..I guess it stops helping you when you leave the internet lol, the rest is on you....I should of probably dressed up a little, maybe I was too myself but yeah....half a success here
 bejovial0k1
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/5/2017 3:12:09 PM
Well im looking at your profile and i think you come across as a horn dog ! lol sorry mate but your profile smacks of

" i want sex NOW !! "

And you can do better with the profile pic, the one with the red shirt is better but your smile tells me you are hiding something ...
 pickapartner
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/14/2017 6:01:06 AM
evening all,

first message but been in pof forums on other occasions. couple of familiar 'faces' still here

Smoking is not the only problem. I smoke and find that a lot of non smokers do not even view my profile.

i look at 2 things while reading profiles non smokers and height, the latter not important

yes i do smoke but cannot personally justify smoking in front of or anywhere near a non smoker, hence i stop reading the profile then and there. what right do i have to make people feel discomfort? smoke does effect different people in different ways, would you give a steak to a vegan?

none and no. <-- note the punctuation

so don't you think it would be fair for a non smoker to have the same view? its not a denial, its personal preference

had one lunch date so far. Her only photo had to be at least 10 years old.

been there, done that and assume many more have ridden on that boat.

my pics are 3 years old but close enough to the real mccoy, i actually like at real pictures of the women rather than photo-shopped/deliberately out of focus specials. women otoh are trying catch the best fish they can, the ones that look fake probably are but then again there may be reasons why they have done that, you should have asked why she did, i had no issues doing that to one date. we had a good night but never took her out again and told her so because her representation felt deceptive. she did put her current picture on the profile because i explained to her why i thought it was deceptive and how other males could also see it the same way. i wished her well in any new ventures.

Grizzled all through main course about her bankruptcy and health issues. Then over dessert, wanted to know if I could still perform at bed time. All the time I tried to be polite but wanted Scotty to beam me up.

you got to all the way to desert, please pardon me having a little smirk, what expectations were you looking for?
reminds me of a 'recently divorced' first date with a $480k mortgage to pay. told her i wasn't interested in taking on a second mortgage, paid for the dinner and i left (she came in her own car)

I didn't know how to deal with it. I can only hope my next date meeting, if I ever get one is more cheerful .

don't expect anything, you won't be disappointed. went out to have coffee with a woman yesterday, had coffee and walked around a shopping centre. met me with smile on her face and it went to a great conversation from there. i feel honoured to have met her and will be going out again.

be honest and don't be scared to say something, if you were willing and could take on such a responsibility, would you?

and for the women reading, call a spade a spade, there scalpers out there, goes both ways
 itslenny
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2017 8:38:20 PM
Unsuccessful here. A lot of rude abusive replies. All sorts of name calling and references to not being 'adequate'
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Anyone else in Australia actually having success?