Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Confused about this girl      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mikem275
Msg: 1
Confused about this girlPage 1 of 1    
Last week I met a girl online we went bowling/out for sushi and a walk at the bay, when we parted ways the date ended in a passionate kiss. Recently I was talking to her and we just set up another date for Sunday, but earlier this morning she updated her facebook saying in a relationship with someone else, but didn't cancel our date, is she playing games?
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/12/2016 6:15:24 AM
She seems legit to me.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/12/2016 8:56:45 AM
You know YOU are allowed to cancel the date.

Whatever her reason for doing so, changing her relationship status is NOT ok, she's either seeing someone else, or just sees you as a fling, or wants you to think she is with someone else. I dunno, why someone would do any of these but it is suspect. Avoid her and cancel the date, she doesn't sound like someone to be trusted
 Ouija2025
Msg: 4
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/12/2016 9:51:30 AM
Maybe she is referring to you :)
Ask her. Not us, we can't read minds ( I can read tea leaves tho)
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/12/2016 11:13:57 AM
why don't you ask her why the seeming contradiction. if you get no answer, there's your answer. but trying to discern a coherent trail from a single online footprint is a fool's errand.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 6
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/12/2016 12:01:06 PM
Your thread title reminds me of a quote I read years ago: "If someone is into you, you will know. If not, you may find yourself confused." Whether she is playing games or playing YOU, are you willing to put up with this? You won't have to wonder where you stand with a GOOD man or woman.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/12/2016 2:05:56 PM
I would simply ask her. I wonder if she is talking about you.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/12/2016 3:49:00 PM
If she has recently updated her status she may be referring to you but it is way too early for that anyhow.
I would be checking with her about your next date and whether she is still up for it.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/12/2016 4:03:41 PM
Personally, I believe she's tongueing the dog, so the kiss with you was rather tame. "Playing Games" is a meaningless term. Anything someone does that confuses or irritates a date falls under that umbrella. She could be totally honest and transparent about kissing her dog, but if you don't like that activity, you call it "playing games" or "trying to get a reaction out of me".

WELL, DUH!!!! People date because they want to end some degree of boredom or dissatisfaction - they CRAVE drama and human involment, they are desperate to get a reaction out of someone to feel like they connect. BUT - You want to call it "playing games".

Either you like what someone does or you don't, there's no GAME about it. You don't like her FB status? Cancel the date or call her and tell her to change the status, or go beat the crap out of her lover and see if that fixes things. Stop crying about "games" and made a friggin' CHOICE - stay or leave.
 cookymaker
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/12/2016 5:44:03 PM
You did say she updated her FB status with "in a relationship" with someone else... someone not you?
She is not playing games. She is right out there being unfaithful
OR this relationship is so brand new she hasn't had time to tell you...
Are you friends on FB or were you just looking? Don't worry, many people do that as a way of seeing if the person they are getting to know is honest and real.

Your guess is just as good as anyone on here

ASK her. She is the only one who knows for sure.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/13/2016 6:30:56 AM
If the relationship status shows another guy, I wouldn't bother turning up. If she's really referring to you and considers that she's in a relationship after just a few days, I wouldn't bother turning up. Invariably, people like that change their relationship statuses as often as their selfie profile photos.
 Walts
Msg: 12
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/13/2016 7:49:38 AM
If it was me, I would show up in case she's setting up some kind of 3 some up.

But, that's me, not you.

I'm not right.

In the head.
 cooldog65
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/13/2016 9:02:37 AM
OP...Don't waste another second or cent on her. Nice guys finish last.
 hemingway234
Msg: 14
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/13/2016 9:04:31 AM
I guess you'll find out on date night.

Sometimes you have to go a few rounds to get to know your opponent.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 15
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/20/2016 7:37:02 PM
Ask her. it could mean lots of things but she is the only one who would know for sure. We can only guess.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Confused about this girl
Posted: 11/21/2016 10:48:30 PM

Recently I was talking to her and we just set up another date for Sunday, but earlier this morning she updated her facebook saying in a relationship with someone else, but didn't cancel our date, is she playing games?

Well, she may cancel it last minute. No, she's most most likely not playing games. Playing games would be doing that to f with you or something. Regardless, if the date gets in motion, don't ask her about it yet, go with the flow as if you didn't see it. I know this already happened, but here's my 2 cents:

1) If she Does cancel last minute -- say "Oh, is it because of your boyfriend after you and I went out and kissed?" Felt bad about cheating? :)

2) If she becomes dead-air and doesn't respond to validation of the date on Sunday -- after last minute chances for her to respond, write the Guy she's in a relationship with, on FB, and let him know what's up. Be prepared for him to be angry back at you out of jealousy no matter what -- but who cares. He's going to be pretty darn angry at her -- in person. :)

3) If the date ensues (good chance): Play along, but don't play Mr Nice Guy to impress her and to get a kiss on the cheek. Set it up to have fun, drink a good amount, etc -- to maximize your chances to fool around some. If she rolls with it, she rolls with it -- great. Bring it up in the morning or whenever she's leaving your place (or you leaving hers). If she doesn't roll with it, but has to call it a night and just wanted the date to be nice for guy-attention -- or you can read it's going to be this way about halfway in -- bring it up, then. And UNLESS she has some believable explanation that she Is in Fact into you and that FB marker was a joke ("See? This guy Reynold -- you really think I'm into him? haha. I was trying to scare away this one dude who's always on me...") -- don't even Think of paying her end of the bill.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Confused about this girl