Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Ladies....Have you ever fainted or been knocked out?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RebeccaHarris93
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ladies....Have you ever fainted or been knocked out?Page 1 of 1    
So this one is specifically for the ladies like myself. Have any of you ever fainted/passed out or been knocked out? Let's hear your stories! (:

I ask this because I have quite a few fainting stories (I guess I'm a chronic fainter! Haha) and have been knocked out twice which I've been told is more than most girls, but I'd imagine I'm not the only girl with plenty of stories relating to loss of consciousness! Ha. I'd love to hear some of ya'll's stories! I'll share mine as well shortly! (:
 dragonbytes
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ladies....Have you ever fainted or been knocked out?
Posted: 11/23/2016 8:58:25 AM
Not sure why you want to limit this to women?? Is there a reason?

I pass out if I give a pint of blood, not sure why. The last time I gave blood, I passed out two times after walking away from the gurney they use to draw the blood, I pass out not when walking, but when I sit down. Walking seemed to keep my blood pressure up enough to prevent my passing out. I passed out on my wife's shoulder, then next thing I knew I was on the floor and they were pumping my legs, I got up and passed out again, then they led me to the gurney to rest for a time.

Also passed out when I lost a few ounce of blood, but it's not as dramatic, but it's the same sort of sequence, I am OK until I stop activity and sit. However, I feel nothing when I have a blood draw from doing blood tests.

My theory is that I had been chronically dehydrated and didn't know it and this caused the passing out. I know 100% for sure I was dehydrated for many years, I don't know if this was the reason I passed out. Now I am not dehydrated, but I haven't given a pint of blood to see what will happen, so who knows?

There are a very few seconds before I pass out where I can feel myself getting faint and my vision starts to grey out.

I have never gotten knocked out, the closest I came was seeing a burst of stars against a black background when I hit the back of my head on concrete, but no one watching thought I was out for any perceptible length of time.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 9:10:25 AM
OP -

What were the circumstances of your being knocked out? Do you think that these incidences are connected to your frequent fainting? Do you have other symptoms that you suspect may be related to the knock outs? Have you discussed this with your doctor?

To answer your question, I have been knocked out 1 time many years ago while I was driving. A sudden hard rain occurred, so I tried to turn on my windshield wipers. The stick that the wiper control was on came loose in my hand.

As I tried to exit the roadway, I ran into a light post. My forehead banged into the windshield. I did not realize I had been knocked. But I quickly noticed that people were all around my car standing in the rain. I asked them where they had come from and they pointed to areas far down the street.

I realized that it took some time for them to park their own cars and walk to mine. So I know that I must have been unconscious while they were getting to me.

The next day I saw my doctor who told me that I had suffered a minor concussion. There was no treatment for it, except rest and time to heal.

I returned to work the day after that but was plagued by a very queasy stomach for the next ten days. I slept almost all the time when I wasn't at work.

I never had a headache. There were no more repercussions from the incident.
 2ufo2
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/17/2016 9:35:16 AM
I fainted once when going from a cold outdoors into a heated, overcrowded bus. It was far too hot for me.

I also passed out when I got a shot in the shoulder (a painkiller) and it hit a nerve bundle. It was so painful that I screamed and jumped off the gurney first, then turned white and the MD pushed me back onto the gurney.

I never had a problem when giving blood though I do occasionally feel dizzy when I turn my head a certain way. A co-worker once said that was probably caused by crystals in my ear canal and I should see someone about an Eply movement.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2018 2:57:58 PM
I got hit by a baseball bat at school in year 2 and was unconscious for hours. They should of called the ambulance honestly.

Sometime pass out from a panic disorder. I don't seem to get the hyper arousal most people with panic attacks have. Instead my blood pressure drops and I get tinitus (ear ringing), can't hear anything then lose sight (everything goes black) then I lose control of motor functioning and collapse then lose consciousness. Last year I went camping and collapsed in the fire when it was out. I had no idea what happened, just woke up covered in ash lol
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/18/2018 5:34:17 PM
Yes, I have. A long time ago my former husband and I were running early morning in winter. A tree fell across the road on top of me. We heared it falling and saw it at the last second but I couldn't out-run it. He said he looked back and it was like a giant fly swatter hit me. I was in hospital for over a week, needing facial surgery. Some broken bones. Concussion. If that wasn't weird enough, the following summer ANOTHER tree came down across the same road while I was running. Missed me by about 50 paces. I counted.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 11:44:29 AM

If that wasn't weird enough, the following summer ANOTHER tree came down across the same road while I was running. Missed me by about 50 paces. I counted.

I'm thinking you should find a different road to run on.

That one doesn't like you.
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/19/2018 8:23:42 PM
^^^
I hear you and I was quite tree-phobic for some time, and still to some extent.
Posted: 7/10/2018 2:51:05 AM
At times when doing cardio I get very lightheaded.
Things get "swimmy" but I've never fainted.

I limit cardio ......
 NewYorker58
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2018 5:32:08 AM
No and no. I was in a car accident when I was 13. My head hit the windshield and shattered the glass, kind of like the Shroud of Turin with leaving a pattern, but with glass. Part of my hair was sheared off from the glass and I received 12 stitches around my face. I had one of the stitches done without a local anesthesia. The doctor asked if I wanted anesthesia for one of the random stitches, so I said, nope, go for it. I was covered in blood too. I never lost consciousness.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2018 11:01:25 AM
^^^^^^^^^ you are too funny woman.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 5:51:57 PM
Never been knocked out but have fainted many times. It isn't as bad as it was during my teens and twenties and I tend to feel one coming on in time now to prevent an actual faint.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Ladies....Have you ever fainted or been knocked out?