Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Who is the moron who puts the random pics of women up on top of the m      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovepotion12
Msg: 1
Who is the moron who puts the random pics of women up on top of the message page?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ok I want to find the dog who programmed this thing to list girls on top of the page when I msg a girl, as you know when you go msg a girl you see some other girls at the top and you can click on their profile to msg them, they are really stup[idly ugly and I don't know who keeps cjhoosing these girls to come up on my page they either pull toungues in their photo or look like guys, really a turn off so pof is there a way to switch of you showing ugly people when I msg a girl I mean there are 600,000 users online and you keep showing the same 20 ugly people and I swear I did this I broke my monitor when I saw another girl poking her tounghe out stop these pics from coming on myh screen when I like a girl I msg her because I like her photo how dare you show me photos of girls I did not choose to see, I think you will regret this if you do not put an algorigiothm into your program to show the random 600,000 ppl online not only 20 ppl and at least if those 20 were nice looking.. they look like guys and are ugly stop it ok????? you gonna stop it you better be!
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 2
Who is the moron who puts the random pics of women up on top of the message page?
Posted: 11/17/2016 12:13:46 AM
Hello -

I am happy to inform you that you have been the test subject of the new and advanced "matching" algorithm on pof. It is in the beta stage, but works as follows:
Pof takes control of the camera built into your laptop and/or mobile device.
The camera is engaged and immediately begins scanning the user's facial features.
The user is compared with the standards of accepted beauty, such as the golden ratio, facial symmetry, the projected height based on a seated (or reclining) position, the estimated income based on the quality of furnishings and/or the size of the back pocket bulge (in the case of men), etc.

This data is all rolled into a sophisticated algorithm involving a Bernouli sequence, the user's horoscope, the anthracite composition of the surrounding geology and the projected level of "cosplay" exhibited by the aggregate collection of Star Wars action figures on the bookshelf.
The resulting calculation can be viewed as a "Hotness Quotient," and the lucky subject (target user) is immediately matched with women of a similar or even higher caliber in terms of looks and attractiveness.

The images of these local women are repeatedly displayed at the top of the target's screen as an important facet of the updated customer service the users have come to expect from a site such as pof, which is highly responsive to input from its critical and esteemed user base.

I certainly hope this answers your well-formulated query.

Best of luck, and, remember, you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate here on pof!
 lovepotion12
Msg: 3
Who is the moron who puts the random pics of women up on top of the message page?
Posted: 11/17/2016 12:23:41 AM
Ok listen I don't want to see girls who poke their toungue out on cam, I bashed girls for this I swear don't do it people get pissed of with these pics my solution? BAN THEM these pics ban them they annoy users.. and also PICS of girls who pose as guys come up BAN THEM and why they bloddy show up???? I mean cmon 600,000 users and the same ppl keep coming up.. you gonna really go down for this
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/17/2016 12:27:49 AM
I already explained:

Our calculations indicate the women displayed on your "user experience" are the "hottest" for which you are qualified.
Also, our calculations indicate your actual height is 5'5.5", NOT the 5'8" height you claim.
We will be making this correction to your profile during the next maintenance and upgrade period.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2016 4:23:26 AM
it is a free site and no one is forcing you to be here. Dont like the heat, get out of the kitchen. Seriously.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/17/2016 5:33:13 AM
Ms. Halo is correct. Now of your you have been judged and sorted within the system - cannot alter the results.
Best wishes in your quest and again thank you for choosing Plenty of Fish
 hearton64
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2016 5:43:58 AM
....says the guy who's so good looking he won't post a profile picture.🙄
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
 Walts
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/17/2016 7:08:06 AM
I think someone needs a drink. Hold on a second here.

Reaches over, feels around, and yep, there she is...... another empty bottle.

Sorry OP, I got nothing. Looks like it got out of hand, again, last night.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/17/2016 8:39:42 AM
Can someone please lend this young man an effing PERIOD?? That is the longest damn run on sentence. And his profile is the same way.
 daynadaze
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2016 10:39:35 AM
At least you are getting pictures of the gender you are looking for, I get women's pictures too and I'm not a lesbian. So not only are the pictures usually of tongues and horribly thick make up, one who pops up often is squatting, and most the time they are from Albuquerque which is no where near me. When I first signed up there were pictures of men, from my area, but for years now it's been women from up north.

So going by the theory of them accessing me, I must look like a lesbian who loves women in stage make up who need to use the bathroom.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2016 11:26:18 AM
OP: it's absolutely true. The profiles on offer are designed to match what you're offering in return. Them's the breaks...
 Walts
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/17/2016 11:27:58 AM

At least you are getting pictures of the gender you are looking for, I get women's pictures too and I'm not a lesbian.

I'm starting to hope I start getting the guy's pics and jumping to the other side.

At least I know I'm gonna get some. :/
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/17/2016 11:32:05 AM
I just get a bunch of pix of my right hand at various , provocative angles

....is POF trying to tell me something ?
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/17/2016 11:52:52 AM
When I'm logged in to the actual dating side of things, it shows me random men. They are, however, all in my area, all in my age range.
However, when I'm on the forum side, its always women from Chicago at the top of the page. What makes it even more odd, due to our company computer servers being offsite most sites think I'm in southern CA, rather than WA state. So, I'm not sure why I'm getting women in Chicago!
 aintnodeal
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2016 1:32:44 PM
I get pics of average and hot chicks within a 150 mile radius that usually are nowhere near a match for me, but it's adequate eye candy.

Now of your you have been judged and sorted within the system - cannot alter the results.

If you join POF at the Double-Secret-Premium level of $70/month, you can change your stats in order to draw attention from the Beautiful People. Still won't set you up on dates, though...
 hearton64
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2016 2:31:27 PM

I just get a bunch of pix of my
right hand at various , provocative angles

Pulling out my violin!

I get only hot,rich, ripped guys in mine!

Thanks Marcus!
 ohenryx
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2016 2:40:37 PM

If you join POF at the Double-Secret-Premium level of $70/month, you can change your stats in order to draw attention from the Beautiful
People. Still won't set you up on dates, though...

I have a phone number for you. Guaranteed date with a beautiful young woman, and guaranteed happy ending. Will cost you a little more than $70 though.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/17/2016 3:19:19 PM
"Pulling out my violin!"

You don't like my sense of humour....ok.....so ?
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/17/2016 3:27:59 PM

I just get a bunch of pix of my right hand at various , provocative angles

I'm getting pics of your right hand too. I don't know if that says more about me or you. I think it might have set up an account while you were sleeping.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/17/2016 3:29:49 PM
^^^^

It wouldn't surprise me, he's always been a bit of a slut

Whatsamattababy
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/17/2016 3:36:47 PM
I am so turned on right now.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/17/2016 3:38:42 PM
You're supposed to be working. Those bananas aren't going to condom themselves.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/17/2016 4:52:59 PM
I'm still judging!
Bananas and condoms - I simply peel mine
two words
Dental dams
welcome
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2016 8:42:33 PM

Can someone please lend this young man an effing PERIOD??

I'm not sure it will help when it appears he is on his period right now. ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Who is the moron who puts the random pics of women up on top of the message page?