Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternal      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tomfiend
Msg: 1
Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternalPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I am not religious...I believe in Science, but I have always been of the opinion that there is more to sentience than meets the eye... and now having read some studies http://www.evolveandascend.com/2016/11/12/scientists-prove-that-the-soul-does-not-die-it-returns-to-the-universe/ from scientists like, Dr. Stuart Hameroff and his theories about quantum consciousness, it sure seems that it may be impossible to extingish the soul via the law of physics. What do you think?
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 2
Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternal
Posted: 11/17/2016 4:00:17 PM
I am spiritual and believe in GOD. Do you think people who believe in anything that cannot be proven are crazy? Therefore what we perceive to be true vs. what really is doesn't mean a rats azz to anyone but us.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/17/2016 5:58:19 PM
Of course not, believing in God does not make one crazy. But I was making an argument under scientific principles and theories also which will likely never be proven. In a sense we are both in the same boat. I simply do not believe that consciousness mysteriously comes into existence at birth and then disappears at death. And now some scientists believe the Quantum World supports what I believe.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/17/2016 11:32:54 PM
I don't have a soul. Is that bad?
 Tomfiend
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/18/2016 1:04:42 PM
Its not good. I'm sorry for you.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Our infernal, eternal soul.....
Posted: 11/19/2016 5:57:16 PM
Religious, spiritual, soul or not.... Only thing I am certain of, the more I THINK I know... The more I realize.... I know not squat.

But, if I go on I do..... If not I am glad for what is.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/21/2016 6:30:10 AM

I simply do not believe that consciousness mysteriously comes into existence at birth

A "quantum" consciousness (some say 'intention') had to exist at the point when the Universe came into being, otherwise that event would never had happened. Consciousness is "data" that is released back into the universe when a person or animal dies.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/21/2016 1:54:34 PM
That in a nutshell is what these scientists say. The data is still there. Perhaps it can manifest itself in another being at another time. Therefore, people are indeed reborn.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/21/2016 2:06:22 PM
I also think it is sometimes still possible to communicate with this "data" or "energy" or "consciousness" after a being has died.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/24/2016 2:21:00 PM
Maybe, but there is insufficient evidence anyone has ever done so.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/24/2016 4:31:23 PM
The night after my father died, which was this past September, I was sitting out on my patio and thinking that it would be nice if he could send me some kind of sign that he was still out there.

A few minutes later, the outdoor floodlights from the house next door came on for a few seconds, then went out again. The house is vacant---its owners are out of the country, and won't be returning until next Spring.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/25/2016 7:12:51 AM
Lots of anecdotal stories. My mom had her own when my dad died. If the energy of the deceased is still out there, who knows. I think the mind though will see what it so badly wants to see...
 Tomfiend
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/25/2016 7:24:13 AM
Still, if time is an illusion, if past, present and future all exist in the present, simply in different areas of the time-space continuum, perhaps there is a way to bridge the gap.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/25/2016 10:56:28 AM
Agreed. There's still much we don't yet understand.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/25/2016 12:15:09 PM

The house is vacant---its owners are out of the country, and won't be returning until next Spring.

You will have to ask them if they had a motion sensor/flood light combo, and more important, if they had flipped off the interrupter switch to these lights. If they did, then there is no way they could have turn on by natural means.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/25/2016 12:37:19 PM

You will have to ask them if they had a motion sensor/flood light combo, and more important, if they had flipped off the interrupter switch to these lights. If they did, then there is no way they could have turn on by natural means.

They don't have motion sensor lights---I walked around their yard and up to their back door, and the lights didn't come on. Also, I rang their front doorbell and no one answered.

If the lights were programmed to come on, I'd think they would have stayed on. They went out after about three seconds, and they haven't come on since then. There was no car on the property, either.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2016 2:51:52 PM
I struggle with my own stuff, so don't take this as a criticism, I think it was your mind wanting to make sense out of coincidence. We are genetically programmed to do that. Humankind evolved and to try to draw a line between what is human and what isn't is pretty much impossible now and worst many years ago. What about a soul(or anything about living beyond reproduction and nurturing our young) would survive evolution?
Posted: 11/25/2016 8:07:44 PM
Do you people even know what the hell you're talking about?
 kidreason29
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/25/2016 9:42:26 PM
Any being is inherently biased due to its own constrictions, otherwise it is an all being thing that encompasses the whole system rather than the self is contained within the environment, self = environment.
 Strider324
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/26/2016 11:52:25 AM
The cited article in the OP is utter bullshit, and a flat out lie. Stu Hameroff and his work on Orch-OR say absolutely nothing about a frickin 'soul'. I have forwarded it to Stu so he and Penrose can decide if they want to file suit for this egregious misrepresentation of their work. I wish people would have the integrity to at least fact check things they post. :(
 Strider324
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/26/2016 11:56:39 AM

A "quantum" consciousness (some say 'intention') had to exist at the point when the Universe came into being, otherwise that event would never had happened.

OK, present your peer-reviewed proof for this bizarre claim so you can pick your Nobel Prize..... ;-)
 Tomfiend
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/26/2016 7:17:45 PM
Lol. Let me get this straight. Because a person interprets the work of this scientist in a manner you believe objectionable...you think that makes the author's article actionable? A perfect example of the dumbing and trumping down of america. Might i suggest a basic civics course that covers the Bill of Rights? Just because Trump rails against the press does not mean journalists do not have the absolute right to give their opinions..or even lie if they choose.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/27/2016 5:21:15 AM

Do you people even know what the hell you're talking about?

Ahhh, the militants are on the war path!
Annoyed as "hell" that someone here should express a creative thought that they are incapable of fathoming!

present your peer-reviewed proof

Surely an "intelligent" question (coming from an intelligent donkey); who expects empirical proof of something before there was anything physical in existence! Atta boy champ!

``````````````````````````
@Tom

Because a person interprets the work of this scientist in a manner you believe objectionable...you think that makes the author's article actionable?

Doesn't it amaze us on how these militants Fkn think!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/27/2016 9:50:14 PM

Stu Hameroff and his work on Orch-OR say absolutely nothing about a frickin 'soul'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUVot-4GPM
 Tomfiend
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:00:13 AM
^^^^ Yes...still I am amazed that somebody would complain about a "misrepresentation" and contact the scientist to see if he wanted to sue for that misrepresentation. This threat could only happen because Trump has truly stupidified his diehard supporters by making them think they have to hold the media accountable for what they post. Its really sad . . . . he manipulated the ignorant and dumb in our country. I started this thread, and I did not mean to go off on this poltiical tangent . . . but how pitiful are Strider's remarks?

And Drink, do you know anything about this subject? What is with you people . . . dictating what we can post and discuss on a message board? Wow.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternal